PC Please Unlock Route Modules

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobsr, Jun 9, 2018.

1. bobsr

bobsr Member

Please unlock the individual route modules so that we can use the rolling stock on any and all of the routes. I think, that this will help increase the playability.

2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

And how should that work? There is no free roam or quick drive in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bobsr

bobsr Member

Then they will have to, at the very least, program free roam into this version. We have had thru all versions of train simulators that I have, an free roam, so that the rolling stock could be used with the other routes that we have. I now have come to understand, that this version, TSW, has primarily been programed for the consoles. They have to put the basics, like free roam, back for us PC users.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

I don't recall Dovetail 'having to' program anything that isn't set out externally of their roadmap.
    (In my opnion, free-roam was probably the most boring mode in the TS franchise. Fix services and give us more routes/trains)

• Like Like x 11
  5. DaveTrain99

DaveTrain99 Well-Known Member

Agreed I hardly ever used free room

• Like Like x 3
  6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Well i not often used free roam on the old TS too but because you have a workshop there on steam with many many scenarios. In TSW you have only the few DTG scenarios and services mode... Service mode is boring if you have done 50 times the same drive just at another daytime.
    So here would be a free roam nice to do something you want, like drive an AC4400 to the shaw mines and load coal, or do some switchting at the rockwood mines etc. etc.
    With the still missing editor and workshop this would make the game a bit more interesting until we see (in some years) the editor with workshop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

To me it wouldt make much sense at all to cruise throuh New York Penn station in the Talent2 or fire up the AC4400 and haul coal from Paddington. Just saying...

8. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

I use to run services and play around as I like and simply ignore given tasks. Sometimes signals and switches you cant control ruins your day but youre pretty free to play around even in service mode

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Free Roam was and remains a good TS format for making scenarios that allow driving multiple engines in a single scenario. Those who don't like it don't have to use it, of course, but that's no reason for claiming that it's useless. Free Roam would not be necessary in TSW, since it is already possible to exit one engine and climb aboard and drive another.
    I agree with "bobser" that being able to access rolling stock from all owned routes, as can be done in the TS editor, would also be handy in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's strange to see people arguing against being able to use their locomotives and rollingstock on the route of their choice.

Why wouldn't you want the option to drive the WSR Class 47 and Mk1s on the GWE route? Why wouldn't you want the option to shunt HSTs around Old Oak Common with the WSR Class 09?

I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't want the freedom to use their rolling stock across all their routes. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if there was a scenario editor.

• Like Like x 5