'a-train' Comeback Via Dovetail Developments? Please? Pretty Please?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by uvealpepper#4159, Jul 5, 2021.

1. uvealpepper#4159

uvealpepper#4159 New Member

I would love it if Dovetail purchased the rights to this underrated PS2 train simulator.
    It is not TSW but it is brilliant, fun and the player gets to lay their own tracks & stations. Creation is what I miss.
    Think of it as Hornby. I miss Hornby but A-Train was like Hornby but it was also the Only train simulation on console.
    Dovetail, just think about it at least.
    Look into A-Train on PS2, you can borrow my copy if you wish but recreating this console simulator would be a great seller amongst the TSW community.
    Sell engines
    Sell track parts, buildings, stations, bridges,.. turn it into Hornby where the players are God. A hobby simulation.
    At least look into it please.
    I love TSW but I do miss A-Train. My PS2 died.
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

The only problem would be to grab a hold of copyright, and whether there'd even be great demand for it.

3. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

4. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

The most recent installment of A-Train was A-Train All Aboard! Tourism, which released on the Nintendo Switch in March.
    As for PC installments, A-Train 9 4.0: Japan Rail Simulator was the last to support English. This released in October 2015.
    If you're ok with reading Japanese, A-Train 9 5.0: Final has 43 additional trains, and 27 additional structures. This was released in September 2018. Apparently there were also graphical improvements and bug fixes.
    If you happen to have a PS4, a VR version of A-Train 9 was released in May 2019.