New Player - Help With Morning Delivery (sand Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cattivo, Jul 1, 2021.

1. cattivo

cattivo Member

Hello

So, I picked up the game yesterday and have had a play through of some of the tutorials and all has gone Ok. I can enter/exit the diesel, start it up, move forward and backward, generally maintain correct speed, couple up and uncouple wagons, manually switch points and refuel. Then the game went to the Morning Delivery scenario which I assume is another tutorial. Seemed straight forward enough... Go and collect (couple) some wagons.

Trouble is, obviously the game has me on the wrong track and I end up coming face to face with another locomotive. I'd have assumed that were it intended that I needed to change / switch tracks manually then I'd be notified of this somewhere, so I'm obviously missing things.

If anybody has any suggestions or advice for a newbie train simmer it'd be appreciated. :)

2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm still forgetting that Gillingham depot on SEHS is manually controlled and end up going all the wrong places :D

On the map, may be worth having a check that the points can be changed by the player and if so check them out and change if needed before setting off etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you press number 9 on your keyboard you will get the map. The path to the place your need to go is usually marked in light blue.
    Just set the switches so they follow the light blue path and you should be OK (at least most of the time :)).

• Like Like x 1
  4. cattivo

cattivo Member

Thank you both very much. I did look at the map, but clearly didn't know enough or couldn't figure out that I needed to change the points myself. I will give it another go!

Since I was at an impasse I decided to try out the easiest mission (or whatever they are called), also to pick up wagons (at Hyndman?), and so far this is going fine with a full list of waypoints and a talkative engineer in the other seat, assistance that the initial task or training scenario seemed to be missing.

Thanks again. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

The introduction says clearly that you have to set points by yourself.
    But don't worry I also nearly collided with the incoming train the first time I ran this scenario. steep learning curve,

6. stribbssenior

stribbssenior New Member

Maybe im stupid or just new to game but how do you set switches in advance.I dont see me jumping out of cab to change god knows how many switches whilst trying to avoid oncoming traffic

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

No need to leave the cab. While in the cab and stationary, before moving to the next objective marker, press"9" to go to the map and set all the switches so that your path is aligned with the blue line leading to the marker. Pressing "9" again brings you back to the game. Usually, that's all you need to do, but I often do a quick double check while I'm on the move.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1