Walk Into Station Buildings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Jul 9, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

65.7%
  2. No

17.1%
  3. Maybe

17.1%
  1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

This is similar to my post about more area to walk. You should be able to explore the inside of stations. San Francisco station had the potential to have this ability but you can’t walk past the doors, this would be a very immersive feature

• Like Like x 6
  2. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

it would be fun, but u walk into the building but u can't really do there anything It would be cool to have indeed!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have, but I'm going to say no. It's something else that will take time to develop and I'd rather they spent that time on things you see from driving the train.

• Like Like x 1
  4. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

As DTG said on one of the streams:
    "We are not going to allow players to explore the Station Building. It's a Train Simulator, not a Station Simulator."

So yeah, not really gonna happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

As long as I can walk into every station and go up the stairs to change platform I'm happy. Wouldn't really want to do much more exploring into the buildings

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

There are so many things more important than this. You'd get nothing out a station building. Waiting rooms & concourses would be the only bit i see any point in.
    Waiting Rooms if they ever let you sit on a platform seat, and concourses when they do that as well, just to have a bit more option as a passenger. Also for concourses the Screens (like Glasgow Central) would be good as well. But overall I don't see point in things like Ticket Halls etc.

• Like Like x 4
  7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Using time to build a train station completely mean less time for other things --> less track length, less individual new trains etc. etc. So: no, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

This would be really cool, because every station is special and it would be really cool to get more free roam inside a station, but DTG has limited time to make a route, so it would be something for the future if DTG would have more employees

• Like Like x 3