PC Cane Creek Black Tower With No Detail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tom.frame, Jul 9, 2021.

1. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

Is this the airport? the cliffs mountains look great but the airport or whatever it is could be something else is showing up as a tower of black blocks with no detailing the Potash structure looks great what are these blocks with no detailing ? I think there are a few but I don't know for sure. I tried to look up a view of the airport from the cane creek tracks but no luck. Any one else having a similar problem

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210709-181321_Twitch.jpg Do you mean this? Yes, it should be Canyonlands Regional Airport (KCNY) which looks nothing like real life.

Screenshot_20210709-181423_Maps.jpg
    You can see the railway crossing the interstate to the north of the airport

Screenshot_20210709-182121_YouTube.jpg
    This is an approach opposite to the rail line

I guess Skyhook didn't get the memo that not every airport has a huge windowless control tower :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

Thank you
    Thank you it looks just like black blocks stacked together its like they left the model in unreal untouched pretty
    bad for $34 CDN They need to fix this

• Like Like x 2
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you are in cab view, or close to the train in the external view you can't see much of the airport without going higher. The only thing that is very noticeable and annoying from any point of view is the windowless tower. It is very noticeable at any distance and it catches your attention because it is obviously bigger and taller than anything else around.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

Yeah I agree. I thought this might have been a oversight or technical issue it may still be, but I think Dovetail assets are far better than Sky Hook Games the plains and cliffs are beautiful but the highways and buildings could have been better not that it matters we're driving a train but other add-on's have been done better. Maybe when Rush Hour comes out all this will be fixed. This is actually the first complaint I have had with the quality of a route with all 246.1 GB of the game installed.

• Like Like x 2