Timetables / Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seanpholland, Jul 10, 2021.

1. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

I'm finding a bunch of the timetables I try out end up failing for one reason or another, and I'm starting to wonder if it's just me.

Seems that either career or normal scenarios are timetabled very oddly. In this latest one (through JT, so not DTG), I was early by 15-90 seconds for the first few stops, then hit one where I was a full minute and a half late, failing.

Last night on a career scenario on Settle-Carlisle, I was 2 minutes early, and lost 40 career points. I figured the scenario wanted me to arrive later, so I reloaded the save and waited 2 minutes, and had a -506 point penalty for departing on time.

Am I just in a spell of bad luck, or are most scenarios bugged? Kinda sick of getting 40 minutes into one to find an impossible checkpoint.

Edit: just now, another Settle route, and it said I failed a stop because I got there 10 minutes early. I really don't understand.

Edit 2: just tried yet another one, and I failed a Class 86 on WCML north with no message given whatsoever, when I wasn't late. I'm beginning to think i'm just cursed, my god.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

If you are a full minute behind the departure time then you will get a fail for that stop. It's just the way it's set up.
    It's why a lot of scenario creators try not to make timetabled scenarios and just stick to standard scenarios.

You getting a fail on the Settle to Carlisle route is a bit odd, regardless of being early or late. Not sure why that is happening, but I don't play career scenarios that much anyway.

3. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Yeah it's more my confusion about why it seems many timetables have several stops which are incredibly easy, and then one that, no matter what, is completely impossible. If every stop was difficult and required perfection it'd be one thing, but having just a single one, 40 minutes in, seems like it just wasn't playtested.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Career Scenarios are normally tightly timed and you drive like an idiot to keep time

5. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Indeed. I always used to assume there was something about my driving that meant I couldn't do a lot of scenarios. Since reading the experience of others on here I don't bother anymore.

In fairness I've created scenarios with real life timetables and even some real life timetables seem to require full throttle and near emergency braking...

• Like Like x 1
  6. class2ldn2801

class2ldn2801 Active Member

As a real driver I can tell you some of the timings are ridiculous and then you get a delay report asking why you were late lol