Is Anyone Else Seeing This, Or Just Me?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w2sjw, Jul 11, 2021.

1. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

Guys,

I went into SPG today to test the sound mods that were recently posted on TSC for the AC4400, and I see this when I loaded in. I backed out to the menu & can actively choose either the normal or weathered version as a valid livery. Does anyone else have this show up, or is one of my mods doing this?
    TSW2_CSX.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Err, kind of :)
    Driving the CSX manifest train to Cumberland today, I got two badges:

"AC4400: First Steps in the AC (Operate the UP AC4400CW for 5 miles)" and "AC4400: AC Expert Operate the UP AC4400CW for 500 miles".

I've already drove well over 500 miles on the AC4400CW, but certainly not for the UP :D

And no, I didn't buy the Cane Creek DLC.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt has mentioned that he has seen the SD40-2 on SPG, so it wouldn't surprise me if the AC4400CW shows up as you have found.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is a bug as I drove my first service on Cane Creek and before I could get moving I popped three achievements first for completing a service for which I had not yet done, second driving the AC44CW for 5 miles which again I not done yet, and the third for driving the AC4400CW for 500 miles for again which had not yet done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I had that happen to me too. I got cane creek achievements whilst playng Sand Patch Grade even though I didn't buy Cane Creek on my Xbox.

It's quite a odd bug.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So is the game basically counting the distance driven using the SPG version of the loco for the Cane Creek achievements? Or do the trophies just pop instantly upon starting a service even though the distance requirement hasn’t been fulfilled with any of the loco variants? Very interesting!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It‘s even simpler than that. As far as the game is concerned, the UP and CSX AC4400CW are different liveries of the same loco. You can see this if you go to SPG with Cane Creek installed - you can now choose between 4 liveries (2x UP and 2x CSX) for the AC44. Same thing for the SD40-2. Thus, it would be odd if the achievements for Cane Creek didn‘t immediately pop if you‘ve driven the CSX versions enough - even if you don‘t own Cane Creek.

Are you absolutely sure you haven‘t driven the CSX versions enough?

Ok, that is odd. For me, the 5 and 500 miles AC44 achievement popped as well as the 5 miles SD40-2 achievement (haven‘t driven the CSX version for 500 miles so that works as intended). But the first service achievement didn‘t pop immediatly. Playing on PS5.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Decided to try it out myself after reading all your comments. Just created a custom scenario with the two SPG locos on HMA and drove them for five miles each. The trophies appeared immediately even though I don’t own Cane Creek! Obviously not intended by the developers, but still quite nice in my opinion since there are normally no dedicated Sand Patch Grade trophies in the game.