Is It Coming Home?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tay95, Jul 3, 2021.

?
  1. It's coming home

50.9%
  2. Not a chance, on ya bike

49.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Such an epic solo

• Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Any bosses/managers who do plan are the more stupid really. Most if not All if the retail Industry has suffered, along with others like hospitality. And that day off would be quite the blip for a lot of them.

However for some businesses it's much less of an impact and in that case, fair enough.

Plus if there is one it would be unofficial. He has to get it through parliament, then royal approval. Then try and make preparations in that short time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

If people are that bothered about not turning up for work tomorrow, they could've booked the time off. If they don't turn up on time leaving their colleagues in the lurch, then I hope the employers take appropriate disciplinary action. I get that people are excited, but if you can't watch the footie without getting bladdered (rendering you incapable of working the next day), then more fool you.

• Like Like x 4
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Whether it’s right or wrong isn’t really the issue, the fact is there will be a lot of people who won’t turn up or will turn in late and any manager who hasn’t made contingency plans would probably be better off doing so.

5. wombleway

Of course it's the issue, and anyone that says it's not wrong is an idiot. And yes, there's no denying that loads won't turn up, but they should be prepared to face whatever disciplinary action is coming their way. You can't just pick and choose when you turn up for work without prior arrangements having been made.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

We have told our staff that they can come in late. Most companies I know have put something similar in place. If you are an employer and haven't addressed the issue then you must have buried your head in the sand!

• Like Like x 1
  7. shhweeet#4292

So what are they all going to do? Sack everyone doc their pay maybe No one is saying it’s right especially under normal circumstances but England are in a major football final for years so not normal circumstances.

Your trying to tell me if Wales were in the final or your mate trainsimplayer’s Scotland were in it that a hell of a lot of supporters of those teams would very likely not turn up for work or turn in late win or lose.

Behave yourself will you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

COME ON ENGLAND !!!
    Sorry for the caps :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Hey! Don’t call people idiots for not agreeing with your point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wombleway

Why? I haven't said anything out of turn, and I'd be saying exactly the same thing regardless of which team was in the final. It's not a dig at England, regardless of what you may think. I'm glad to see you agree that it's "not on" though.

If companies have given permission to staff to turn up later, great. But if they haven't, tough... Staff that don't turn up are leaving those that do in the lurch, and that's not on. If people can't understand that basic concept, then we should just leave it there.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  11. wombleway

It was in response to someone who said that others were pretty stupid, so I stand by what I said.

12. Coastway trainspotter

Let’s stop this argument , it’s pointless . All that matters is ITS 1-0 :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. wombleway

Exactly! Enjoy the game, whichever team you're supporting, and don't forget to set your alarm for the morning! :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

No.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

More like « Sta tornando a casa!» but well done to England they fought well till the end

• Like Like x 1
  16. shhweeet#4292

Not again! What is it with England and penalties. :( Gutted once again. Sigh!

Congratulations to Italy though.

On the bright side England is a young team who will only get better. I still maintain we have the best squad for years the order is changing. Next stop World Cup.

17. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D :D

Not exactly at home. Note: sense of humor will save the world.
    LOL.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I knew someone had to mention "It's coming Rome" :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainsimplayer

ITS COMING ROME
    ITS COMING ROME
    FOOTBALL'S COMING ROME!

• Like Like x 2
  20. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

All roads lead to Rome

• Like Like x 4
  21. trainsimplayer

Also, just to take the right rip
    Yes Sir, I(taly) can boogie!

• Like Like x 2
  22. wombleway

Ah well. Never mind, eh.

I feel sorry for the fella presenting the runners-up medals, most pointless job ever when they get taken off straight away! I think there were only a couple that kept them on.

23. shhweeet#4292

Do you ever get sick of being so sanctimonious?

No one ever said being late or skipping work was acceptable. I don’t have to agree with you on that because I never disagreed with you on it in the first place.

And you had the audacity to say earlier in this thread that I was picking fights and trolling you.

24. trainsimplayer

Nobody remembers the losers...

...Unless everyone was rooting against them...

• Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimplayer

To be fair, you were.
    How about you celebrate the result...

...Oh wait :D

• Like Like x 2
  26. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Keep it civil or the thread will be locked. Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  27. shhweeet#4292

Erm no I wasn’t.

Where did Scotland finish again?

Oh wait!
    :D:D

28. trainsimplayer

At least we don't break into stadiums and riot in the streets.

Plus, you couldn't even beat US. You're nothing special as a team.

• Like Like x 2
  29. wombleway

Dear goodness. If you bother to read it, you'll see I mentioned that you agreed with me that it wasn't right!

As for being sanctimonious, having a dig at Scotland's performance during the tournament immediately afterwards probably didn't do you any favours...

Anyhow, Sam's had to step in again, and given the tournament has now finished, hopefully this thread will drop off the bottom of the page soon.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimplayer

Good thing about being Scotland is;
    We look on the bright side, we got to the tournament, we had a good time, and we wound our Rivals up by holding them to a 0-0 draw.

Fair play to England for getting to the Final but Italy deserved that through and through. And the minority of fans who broke in & fighting against Italian & even their own English friends kinda deserved to see this.

• Like Like x 2
  31. shhweeet#4292

Well if we are nothing special what does that make you! I don’t mind you having a go at us but it’s a bit laughable when all you’ve got is a Mickey Mouse team and a Mickey Mouse league.

Btw can we have our goal posts back please you’ve had them long enough.

32. wombleway

At least England finished above Italy in the Six Nations. That's about it, mind...

Attached Files:

33. shhweeet#4292

See that’s Scotland’s problem you think a 0-0 draw with England and just getting to the tournament is some kind of a win? :D

Wow! Was that a begrudgingly late congratulations to England for getting to the Eros final? Better late than never I suppose. You had better go for a lie down lad.

34. trainsimplayer

For a nation of only 5 million it's better than nothing. Plus we have a good young squad with some talented players, so it's quite good.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that one is just upset because his team lost deservedly?

• Like Like x 2
  35. shhweeet#4292

Just not as talented as England’s young squad though eh, so not so good. ;)

Only 5 million people. So how on earth are you gonna survive if you ever get independence???? Europe won’t want you.

Of course I’m upset we lost the final because unlike Scotland making do with second best is no good to us. But we deserved to lose? Italy beat us on penalties after extra time. Penalties a game of 50/50 chance and that was after they conceded the quickest goal in Euros history.

But yep we deserved to lose eh. Shut up! :D

36. trainsimplayer

Italy played England off the park after the 30th-odd minute. They fully deserved to win not only the game but the tournament. They've been a standout team since that opening game in Rome and they fully deserved it.

And, when you think about it, you have only won 1 tournament more than us. So is the gap that big in reality?

Also, do us a favour, don't be bringing politics into a football game.

• Like Like x 2
  37. shhweeet#4292

That’s Scotland well forgotten then

38. shhweeet#4292

What game were you watching? First half it was all England Second half it was Italy extra time they were both getting knackered and pens was just. 50/50 chance of luck as they always are.

The gap between England and Scotland is massive but hey! If you want to think your on our level after a 0-0 draw you go for it.

Why shouldn’t I bring politics into football? That’s the main reason you lot hate the English when it comes to football and everything else.

39. trainsimplayer

No, it's really not. It's a footballing rivalry through and through. And, if we look for causes, it most likely dates back to the multiple Wars of Independence and other Anglo-Scottish wars. The rivalry existed way before the SNP/Independence was big. Check your facts mate.

• Like Like x 2
  40. shhweeet#4292

Yes but it’s also because of the independence issues with regards to the current day. Football rivalry through and through? Don’t make me laugh. :D Glad to see that you’ve finally admitted you hate the English btw.

Besides you need to actually get a football team that actually rivals us for there to be any rivalry through and through.

• Like Like x 1
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s getting locked
    It’s getting locked
    This thread is getting locked

• Like Like x 6
  42. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It didn't take long for the gloating to start!

I think as a team we are in a good position, they are young and growing. In the end a more experienced team won it but I think we should be proud they made the final.

• Like Like x 3
  43. Coastway trainspotter

Kasparov schmeichel is gonna be laughing at us now as well :(

44. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Along with Kasper Schmeichel that's two of them now!

• Like Like x 1
  45. trainsimplayer

I'm talking about rivalry between fans, the thing that makes rivalries.

And I don't hate the English at all. You're twisting what I said into this. The footballing rivalry is between two teams like Celtic & Rangers up here, or Everton & Liverpool, or City & United down south, you have been picking fights in this thread and you fine well know it, and anyone sitting here will be able to see it.

• Like Like x 2
  46. shhweeet#4292

No one should be laughing at us except the inevitable Scots and Welsh who’s chip on their shoulder opinions are quite easy to dismiss.

England reached the final of the Euros, held Italy to a penalty shoot out, scored the fastest goal in the Euros history, out played a more experienced team in the first half, and lost the penalty shoot out because of pretty bad choices for the takers of the penalties and bad use of substitutions in the actual game. Tbh I AM gutted we lost I can’t deny that but immensely proud of the England team and the way they reached a major football final for the first time in years. I’m also immensely proud of Saka for having the balls to take a pen under that kind of pressure, I mean the kids only 19 at the end of the day.

The experience gained by both the team and Southgate will be invaluable for the World Cup in 18 months time and in 18 months time England’s very talented young team will be that much more experienced and mature, the next five or six years are pretty exciting for England fans. I can’t wait for the World Cup.

On the subject of the idiots who caused trouble last night. They! Don’t represent the majority of England fans and let’s be honest every team has them. I particularly condemn those online who racially abused some of England’s players but again they are a minority.

47. shhweeet#4292

I don’t need to twist anything because this rivalry towards England from Scotland you pretend is some sort of trivial sporting rivalry is fuelled by hatred towards the English because of historical everts like you said and CURRENT political differences. For you to somehow try and pretend otherwise is totally laughable it really is. I mean it’s not our fault the nationalists amongst you have some sort of inferiority complex. I should also point out I also appreciate not all Scottish people take the view of the Scottish nationalists who like to shout the loudest and longest. You said earlier not to bring politics into football. How can you say that when Scottish nationalists bring politics into literary everything to do with England every day. Tbh this pure sporting rivalry is probably more from the English towards Scotland because most English people could give a flying fig about the Scottish nationalists agenda apart from the fact we are heartily sick and tired of listening to you all whinging about how hard you are all done by. I visit Scotland on a very regular basis and have to listen to all the Scottish nationalist rubbish towards England far to often for my liking.

No doubt this reply and others will be cancelled because after all it’s not PC to say things as they actually are.

48. trainsimplayer

It's a football rivalry and you know it. Politics have no place in football. The rivalry dates back before nationalism, as you acknowledged, but nationalism hasn't fueled the rivalry, but the rivalry itself has. Your really good at twisting things against Scotland here ain't you.

• Like Like x 2
  49. shhweeet#4292

You can live in denial as much as you like but you and others know I’m right. Again I don’t need to twist anything because I speak from personal experience because like I said I visit Scotland very regularly.

50. trainsimplayer

I'm not in denial, I'm right. When I was at the Scotland - England game (Forgot to mention, I was at the Scotland - England game) I wasn't thinking about nationalism or historical wars, I was thinking "Come Scotland, let's get a result against them" because you never want to lose to your rivals. Nobody was speaking about Independence or Nationalism, nobody was talking about the Wars of Independence (Flower of Scotland doesn't count, it's our national anthem).

It's a football rivalry and always has been.
    Perhaps you can't see that because England has lost that sense of rivalry.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.