Train Simulator 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nwp1, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

If there is no new German/Austrian content, i’ll just stick to the core update.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This is my exact prediction, as well. They could throw in the 60 for flavour, but this is unlikely.

3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

We will let you know on TS2022 when we have an update.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

True, but speculation is nonetheless fun.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cyclone

No worries about it Jamie, we're not asking anyone to confirm. The decision is most likely not going to be made until September anyway. My best guess.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Two of the routes speculated to be in TS2022 are
    UK: Birmingham Cross City
    DE: Riesa - Dresden
    Both of these routes are still on Sale on Steam at 25% off
    As if DTG are still getting people to buy them before the TS2022 release

Interesting .....

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Isn't Riesa - Dresden one of the routes to be featured in TSW Rush Hour?
    It would be a bit odd to feature the same route in two sims for their yearly big release.
    Might be Frankfurt - Koblenz instead.

8. Kim Olesen

Well i’d pay for an upgraded version of Frankfurt Koblenz where the signalling actually works.

In fact i’d be happy to pay 10€ for any update with Schuster signals of earlier german routes!

In that respect the difference to Dresden Riesa was like night and day. Awesome signalling. Big kudos for getting a Schuster signals licence. I hope future german routes has Schuster signals too. There is kinda no way back once you’ve made a route with signalling this good.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cyclone

Let's review 2020.

Fife Circle was 20% off several times before it got bundled. Since then, an errata 55% off occurred for exactly five minutes and moved to 30% off at that point. The best discount aside from this is 40%.

Clinchfield was too new. But went to 55% off in March of this year. Last sale was 45% off.

Norddeutsche-Bahn also got 55% off in March. Before being bundled, it found 25% off as a discount.

So this is a normal discount practice, and the decision to bundle may simply not be made yet. You know that something from this past year is going to be in the bundle. The question is whether they will also go back and add something old, like when Sherman Hill got put back in in 2016 after the SD60 and Gas Turbine bundled with it. 2019 meanwhile added Soldier Summit, but with Salt Lake included as a full route from its March 2018 release. So this begs the question: could they go back and put South Wales Coastal in the bundle? I hope they wouldn't be this stupid. Since anyone owning 2017 and the Swansea extension in branded form has no reason to buy the bundle if that's the UK route. Not sure the others will be of enough interest. It would take a really good regional bundle (two missing expensive routes and a sale) to get me to possibly bite. Heck, I waited for Deluxe to go down and am still hanging on to a Humble key with all routes already activated. Might look at that as trading fodder.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

What about North Wales Coastal?...

No... Okay... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cyclone

A new version is not out yet. But I will suggest this: contact Support putting your voice forward for the route to be returned. It may not be this year, but it could help get it back in the future.

12. Kim Olesen

A few feature updates would make me happy.

1- AI trains stopping in the middle of platform markers instead of the end. It really does look strange when a short passenger service is parked at the end of a long platform.

2- real random developing dynamic weather. So you could have sunshine that might develop into a burst of rain.

3- that the flyout for ai and player spawnpoints do not dissapear if you have to put in an extra destination. That this happens is such an annoyance.

4 that page 2 of AI spawnpoints do not freeze and become inaccessible. I am pretty sure this happens because AI spawnpoints didn’t got properly updated in the 64bit version, since it happens at the same load as in the 32bit version.

All this applies to quick drives.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  13. Cyclone

It wasn't during a Quick Drive, but I had sporadic rain in sunny periods on a Cajon Pass scenario. I think you're instead talking about a new weather pattern with rain falling in the sun at random, though. I don't suspect new weather will be added. AP already cornered the weather market for fans.

14. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Since we are suggesting things, horns for AI trains would be great. Just in the upcoming routes, I am aware that it will be very difficult to make it for the old ones

15. Kim Olesen

Not possible in QD. You can’t choose weather patterns, you are stuck with the 6(?) default ones.

16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes this is a major bugbear of mine. Some developers managed to insert more than one platform marker for different lengths of trains, the Wherry Lines has them for instance. It isn't really a core issue but the way in which the route has been built.

It happens on some routes on TSW too. Watching a 2 car DMU go all the way through Huddersfield station under the overall and back out into the open and stopping right at the end of the platform is very immersion breaking and extremely unnecessary.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Anything to get an update right? But it's already been bundled with a main edition of the game so, while I think Riviera in the '50s appeared again in a UK or deluxe edition, even if it is rereleased (or escapes) it's unlikely to be part of TS again.

18. Cyclone

But you can make your own quick drives with them, can you not?

19. Kim Olesen

No that is not possible either.

20. Kim Olesen

Actually those limitations to what you can do in QDs are a real shame. Like not choosing what weather patterns from AP you want to. And spawnpoint page 2 going corrupt on routes with high ram usage. Because it is the only form of scenario where you can randomize signalisation and other things. Which is what i do in my scenarios.

You can have random generated red signals. Random generated trains from a pool of preloads. Random generated rolling stock on sidings. So random generated weather (or just more weather) would be much welcome.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I still have hope, NWC need to come back.

22. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am still not buying these routes until I know the line up. If there are new routes announced in TS2022 then I will have the pleasure of half a dozen new routes to enjoy. But I still feel DTG will pack these two into the bundle, plus Washington DC to Baltimore.

23. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

Isn't there usually at least one brand new route with the annual re-package (e.g. last year was WCML South)?

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Last years WCML South was only in the Delux version of TS2021

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cyclone

Tell that to Support. I already gave my opinion of that enough that they are probably sick of me by now. But when a reply came back saying they wanted to hear from more people, i instantly linked six threads from here, their own forum. So I've done my part, up to everyone else to now contact them demanding it come back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

If we're talking features and updates to be apart of TS2022, then these would be my ideas:

Fix the OOM errors! I'm sure most of us would love to see the end of them.

Would dropping 32 bit support actually be any good? Seeing most systems now are running 64 bit - improve on that to be optimised for newer high end systems.

Sound updates - some of the default track joint sounds are just terrible!

Maybe see if AP could implement their Sky and weather pack as part of the core update too?

27. JJTimothy

I've mentioned being able to close messages with a key-press rather than having to drag the mouse into it but, after a little more thought, I'd add that being able to go back through messages should be more consistent. At the moment sometimes you can, sometimes you can't- it would be useful anyway but I can imagine if Esc were used to close messages for example hitting it to bring the menu up just as a message appeared then wondering, "was that important?" with no way to check.

I've been experimenting with video capture and can think of some improvements for that. At the moment you can press 4 for a nice smooth bit of "camerawork" following the train but the viewpoint is quite arbitrary- it might be line side or, most commonly, directly over the track. Alternatively you can use the free camera to find a pleasing vantage point and "pan" by dragging the mouse but I can never do that very satisfactorily- YMMV. I'd like to have a track button or key so I can have the view follow the train from my chosen viewpoint. Being able to choose which vehicle the view is centred on, as one can with the helicopter views, would help with framing. Cleverer zoom control as well please.

This is a leap but how about being able to record a journey as you drive- not video but the state of the train (and other trains) and controls? You could then rerun the journey you've just driven and concentrate on the filming. Pretty niche I know but driving and getting good footage can be tricky especially with kettles.

28. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I see no reason why not. The biggest concern is the sheer amount of people in here with older hardware that doesn't support TPM2.0... me included.

29. Cyclone

Will never happen. There are multiple reasons for this. One is that people have already paid separately for this and AP would not want to give up this source of income among the many available, particularly this one because he updates it all the time with new stuff as he needs it and DTG would not be so quick with game updates anytime he changes the weather. But another reason is simply that: updates. DTG has been known to not routinely patch things that need to be patched. They won't even patch a broken scenario, and there are many I intend to bring to their attention in the form of a video sooner or later to show how quality control within the conpletely is complete garbage. If they can't update a scenario, do you think they'll post a patch with new weather updates every two months? I don't think so. Sadly, this will have to remain separate even if everyone is using it, and AP loves that because it's a continuous stream of money for them for an "optional" update.

The rest of your ideas (not quoted) would be nice, like fixing some sounds. But that involves admitting they are bad to start with. I don't see them doing that.

30. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

This would be a problem in that some people will be playing on older systems that run 32 bit fine but struggle with 64 bit. Core updates (TS2020 - TS2021 for example) have been automatic and you have no choice about installing them. In order to drop 32 bit support, they will need to make this update optional otherwise players on older systems will be unable to play older content that they have paid for.

Obviously new DLC could be 64 bit and/or TS2022 compatible only as these will not have been previously purchased by players. This would allow improvements in quality for new DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  31. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i'm guessing DTG would have to add or change some game code to add more map layer options like Bing or map quest?

32. Cyclone

No, they won't require you to use different apps to run different DLC. It's either all possible with the same app or it won't be done.

Frankly, I wish the DirectX would be updated, new core, new game resulting from it, and DLC gets converted into the new game. Heck, good way to make up packages of older content to add value for money to the equation.

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DLC would have to be converted for a new version as you say
    But DTG would not do it for free with the amount of work required so you would have to start buying everything from scratch

You might be able to afford to buy everything again but not all of us can afford it.

34. Cyclone

DTG already "started over". It's called Train Sim World.

35. JJTimothy

I doubt there's that many users who can't run the 64 bit core but there could be some. More to the point I've run into at least one scenario that falls over when when run in 64 bit and how many others might there be? The 32 bit core isn't taking up much room or doing any harm so why not keep it?

• Like Like x 1
  36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you want TS20xx to be as bad as TSW?

37. Cyclone

Heck no! My point was they started over and made something worse. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  38. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Technically they absolutely could make a new train sim that works with all the old TS content. Open Rails was built from the ground up, and was made MSTS compatible, works rather well all things considered. Of course they also could've chosen to do a more extensive yearly upgrade, or upgrades instead for it instead of making a entirely title. Which if you ask me probably would've been the way smarter decision to make in hindsight considering all the brick walls TSW has hit over the years.

39. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I've been banging the beat of this drum for a long time. The will just isn't there.

May as well make your own train sim and show them how it's done.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

They have TSW, which is obviously going to appeal to a wider market because it's dumbed down, graphically all shiny and available on consoles. Just get over it. We have TS, and it's fine. Can look amazing, and is far more capable than TSW. Why do you want to risk ruining everything in order to have TS look like the blingfest that is "track Side Walker"?

• Like Like x 3
  41. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Actually, what I wouldn't mind seeing as a feature would be when a steam loco passes under a bridge or through a tunnel, the smoke hits the bridge and blows back, etc. Like it did in the MSTS days.

42. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Possibly as the route is being fixed, well the signalling at least.

• Like Like x 2
  43. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

There's got to be something soon about TS 2022 now surely with it being 5-6 weeks away, can we expect any article or stream coming soon please DTG?

44. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

At its core, Windows 11 is still Windows 10. Its internal version is 10.0. TS has survived the release of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, all of which have different internal versons. Windows 11 has the same internal version. In fact, I can confirm TS2021 and its successors support Windows 11. How do I know? I have Windows 11 (Build 22000.145. Have not tested on Other Builds)

• Like Like x 1
  45. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i think it might be November release.

46. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think Dovetail should discontinue TS Classic and Move On. Spend time fixing all the bugs with TSW. The community can fix bugs in TS Classic BECAUSE there is an Editor. TS Classic, could survive this. It has an Editor Publicly Available that Anyone can use. TSW does not have this. If Dovetail put full focus on TSW, then TSW will be better than it is, maybe even with an Editor. Personally, I think there is a small chance we might get some form of the editor. Dovetail said that they wanted more tools, and there is only 2 that would be a Huge Selling Point, and those are the ability to create trains for a Route, and a Full Editor, prefaberly the latter

47. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I think TS may be stuck in a sort of limbo, even with TS2022. It looks like DTG is focusing on TSW 2 (which is understandable) and aren't really releasing much for TS, but they aren't dropping support either, because TS is still quite popular and not even close to "dead."

49. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

TS will always have a far bigger fanbase than TSW because it is far superior...

As for your quote, I can only surmise that you are jealous of what we have on TS and you can only dream of what we can do and what we have available...

• Like Like x 4
  50. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Superfan comments are just WILD sometimes.

• Like Like x 1