Pzb Trouble On Msb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thomastl59374, Jul 12, 2021.

1. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

It's now happened to me a few times and I'm unsure whether it is just me not paying attention or a bug. So I'm heading from Gemundan to Achaffenburg (sorry for the spelling) and I'm approaching the reduction to 90km/h before Heigenbrücken (having just applied brakes) and then PZB slams the emergency brakes on. Each time this has happened to me I've been quite far from where the speed limit begins and I haven't seen any indication on signals prior to the emergency brakes coming on.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Probably you are overspeeding or didn't acknowledge something. Acknowledge signals with restrictive aspects/speed reductions as well as the orange signs that show 9 or below (not all will be protected by PZB).

Another thing is sometimes a 500Hz magnet is closer than usual. I think it may be this service. So under normal conditions on PZB Mode O I would recommend approaching the section slower (under 65Km). Once 500Hz is active you so need to get under 45Km. To play it safe you may want to get under 45Km before the 500Hz. There may also be quite slow speed limits anyway at that point. If Heigenbrucken is not the last stop then it is may be something like a missed PZB interaction.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  3. thomastl59374

I think I've had this issue with both passenger and freight, I've recorded the incident and I shall review it to see if I can spot the issue. At first I thought it was over speeding but it just feels to early to be slamming the emergency brake on.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Slow down in advance especially with freight. It's been said freight should go no more than 90Km on the entire route due to goods braking. Done these services many times on PZB without an emergency stop.

5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Please check out the red link in my signature. Restrictions of 80 km/h and upwards work very different from those 70 km/h and below as far as PZB is concerned. No TSW manual explains the correct procedures for them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. thomastl59374

Yeah, I just back at it and I started applying brakes quite late (at the warning board about 1.2km from the change). I think it's because I played SEHS and other fast commuter routes so I have gotten used to braking late in a light train.

7. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

It is the pzb emergency stop. When you eun to heigenbrucken you run at 130kmh than the first restriction to slow down to 120kmh, now as soon as you see the 120kmh white board, a bit later there is the orange triangle with 9. Just acknowledge it and slow down to 70 for the pzb safe control, than release and go back to 90kmh until the exit of the tunnel.
    If you need help with the pzb, i'm here to give an hand

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Aschaffenburg Hbf and if you overspeed on the passenger side you're going to encounter a 2000hz PZB Magnet Inbound to Aschaffenburg towards Frankfurt Am Main Hbf and Darmstadt Mainz.

9. thomastl59374

No it happens to me just before Heigenbrücken as I don't slow down in time for the 90 km/h limit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Even though the speed reduction is to 90km/hour, as you acknowledge it, it activates PZB, you would still need to slow down to what PZB requires. So if a passenger service, you'd still need to reduce to 85 within 23 seconds, even though this is below 90.

• Like Like x 1