313 New Timetable.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainman525, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Matt has said in the Timetable stream that substitution doesn't work for different length vehicles. This means that with the upcoming class 313 DLC, it needs to have a new East Coastway timetable as the 3 car train cannot substitute for the 4 car 377.

As this is the case, it is likely that a new timetable needs to be implemented to support the class 313.

What I hope is that all Brighton to Lewes and Brighton to Seaford trains [All currently 4 coach trains] (And their return journeys) will be run by class 313 trains as per reality.

With Brighton to Eastbourne trains [All 8 coach trains] continue to be run by class 377 trains.

This leaves the opportunity to add additional services, Eastbourne to London Victoria services, run by class 377's, driven by the player from Eastbourne to Lewes [Platforms 1 or 2] and vice versa.

This poll is about weather the community would be interested in these services added to the likely new timetable. I would be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This would mean that people who do not own the Class 313 would not get to use the Seaford branch at all. That's not a good idea IMO.

I'm not really interested in services that only run half of the line, even though they may be realistic. I don't mind the AI traffic, it's just that I prefer to play services that use the whole line. Routes are short enough as they are. :P

• Like Like x 1
  3. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Well in real life, the Class 313 operates on the Seaford Branch aswell the Brighton-Lewes Service. Don't see a problem about it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I think if we get a improved timetable we will have it like RT so you can choose the original timetable or the new timetable with the 313

• Like Like x 2
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I really like the idea. I really want to drive Lewes to Eastbourne on a service but I can’t . As well as that, it would make the timetable more realistic. However this timetable should only be implemented for those who do have the 313 loco add on.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

London Victoria to Eastbourne services really need to be added to ECW, one of the only things I feel is needed for the route (would also benefit scenario planner for more pathways as frustratingly you can only drive to/from platform 1/2 to Newhaven Aggregates).

As people have rightly mentioned, this new/updated timetable needs to be implemented (linking with BML nicely) for those with and without the 313. Maybe one way round is for people who didn't have the 313 but did own BML from Rush Hour can get 377/1s (i.e. renumbered from 377/4s) so they can have additional services without running out of trains.

In real life a lot of these services (which go onward to Hastings and Ore) are currently run as four-car, so maybe half of Brighton-Eastbourne services in TSW 2 could be made to four to give more options for additional services elsewhere on a new timetable for those without the 313.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trainman525

This timetable would be exclusive to owners of the class 313 DLC. It has to be built because the 313 cannot sub into the class 377 due to the difference in carriages (Apparently).

Those without the class 313 DLC will still be able to use the original East Coastway timetable.

Those with the class 313 DLC will be able to use the new timetable and the old timetable. (At least that would be what I think would happen as the old timetable would have to be changed independently to add the services so might not be desirable [Prehaps preservation crew])

I wanted to be clear which services should remain as class 377's. That is every service running as an 8 coach train (As far as I am aware) There is one that goes to Seaford as an 8 coach train, then it's next service is Seaford to London Victoria. That would stay as a 377. It was nice to have them as 8 cars for variation, I have no objection to shortening them to the realistic length.

• Like Like x 3
  8. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Okay so, I think you mean Eastbourne to Victoria, since I checked the Wikipedia Page and there is no such thing as a London Victoria to Seaford Service + I don't think a 8 Car Train would fit on the Seaford and Newhaven Line

• Like Like x 2
  9. formulabee#1362

In peak times I think there is a service

10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think it would just be easier for them to re-build the 313 services with 3 cars, as opposed to a brand new timetable. Then keep the current one for the 377-only.

And the Victoria services could be added whilst they are at it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Trainman525

It doesn't really fit, but currently it is running as an 8 coach train in the timetable (1F09 [Seaford to London] and 2C04 [ Brighton to Seaford]).
    In reality, it is a 4 coach class 377. But I believe this is the only passenger train to use Lewes platform 2 in the game, at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

Not to mention this would add more to the BML route as well

• Like Like x 1
  13. formulabee#1362

Agreed :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

After the london commuter stream yesterday, i hope 387 services are gonna be implemented with the 313 on eastcoastway.

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Should be done because these are also based at Brighton TMD or Three Bridges TMD Clapham Junction TMD. If Pantograph enabled Hornsey TMD.