Roadmap Update - 13th July 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Jul 13, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

everyone has been waiting for months for the 313, I guess we will have to wait a few more to be honest.

Train Sim World 2's theme was High Speed Passenger thats why we had the hispeed stuff.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh, glad to hear that. Does that include the horn and dynamic brake problems on SPG; the sound and cab glitches on PCR; the DP controls and headlight issues on CRR; and the crossing sound issues on the first two? I guess these fixes must have happened last night while I and the rest of North America were sleeping.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

On the topic of the Riesa - Dresden route, isn't it a bit odd that DTG has announced and confirmed at least 5 different trainsets (6 if you want to count the Dostos cab car)?????
    Ever since TSW first released, routes would usually come with two, maybe even three trains if we were lucky. Loco DLCs and layering from other routes might bring that number up, but traditionally we would see not much variation of trains on just the base route.
    For DTG to include up to 5 trains in one route that comes in a bundle with other routes? This seems absolutely ludicrous, almost as though it was too good to be true! Still, even if these are reused trains (maybe you don't own them yet), to have them all included in one route? Now that's a lot of bang for your buck!

Now I'm just purely speculating, but it feels as though something is going on here. Maybe DTG wants BRD to be the flagship German route for TSW. Of course, this could allow for plentiful layering opportunities for other routes, much like how Main Spessart Bahn provides plenty of it's own layers currently.
    It could also possibly mean that DTG doesn't plan on making much German loco DLCs (aside from TSG) in the following months, so providing all the locos in this one bundle is a way of easing the blow somehow?

It certainly seems odd but at the end of the day, for us costumers, BRD looks to bring some seriously good value to the table (along with the rest of the Rush Hour bundle.) I'm very interested to see how this would play out :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Hopefully a mod will release which will allow BRD's 363 to be used on RSN unlocking it's 363 shunting layer in service mode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I would simply argue that they want to make it easier for people to get their layers. Right now you have to gather couple of older routes in order to get all the layers. With these locos existing in a main-game bundle not only the new, but many of the older player base will have a solid base for german route layers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Traditionally the layer unlocking only worked for future content...so owning Rush Hour/BRD will be be a solid base for future German content but may not make any difference for the older stuff, unless things are changing in this regard. This is how trainsimCZ's mods have become useful on PC in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Just want to clarify that the sandwich formation was based on what I saw in a trainspotting video at Ahrensburg. Based on the timings at Hamburg, 12:12 arrival and 12:19 departure, I doubt there would be enough time for a single 101 to run round.

Having carried on HHL's timetable in my own time since its release, it's become very apparent that there isn't much space left at Hamburg for operations like running around. I don't think it's impossible, it would just be rather tight.

To clarify more, I did HHL and for BRD I did some of the timetable designs, the one you referenced, for example. I'm lucky to have another timetable to work on for rush hour.

Question, bit off topic: I'm seeing a few mentions here that the DB Blue 363 is for passenger coach shunting, instead of freight? If I were to have a 363 shunting freight wagons, would it only ever be red? Or would blue and red be reasonable?

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Penzance-Truro and St. Ives. Can't it be longer? The result is still the same.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

I presume that if I upgrade to the Series X now then I'll just be able to play the current version and then the game will automatically update to the new version when it goes live? Cheers :)

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

DTG most probably have the data to back it up but I'll go out on a limb and say the passenger content is probably more popular than 100% freight content sales-wise. If passenger stuff sells more of course they will make more of it

It was the same story for TSW1 as well....most routes were passenger or passenger-freight hybrid

• Like Like x 4
  11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

This is what I thought too. Rapid Transit has also been updated but without the new skybox. I would have very gladly bought back the old TSW1 routes also for PC if they had had the new TSW2 skybox.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I think you have answered your own question with this paragraph.
    German content is probably the best-selling one and has the most substitutions and additional layers given that everything is run by Deutsche Bahn in the same livery. This gives them a great opportunity to standardize the set used and with future routes, we may see 3+ trains added as additional layers from just Dresden-Riesa instead of owning multiple routes and DLCs as it is now.

With UK and NA content, this unfortunately doesn't work since different routes have different operators and/or train sets.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Both would be reasonable. The blue livery simply was the standard livery before traffic red was introduced. There is no colour coding for different services going on or something like that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. scotrailhst

scotrailhst New Member

True, but it’s been in the works for so long! I do expect for there to be a working GCMR or something new like that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think the length of time is mostly because they decided to make the 314 first and then convert it into the 313.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I bought the 363 as a separate DLC, I haven’t used it much though (yet).

I’m not bothered about it being included in Riesa Dresden on the basis that as it’s a single locomotive (in a whole new livery) in a bundle of three routes for only £24.99. I think it’s a massive bargain. I appreciate not everyone will feel the same, but looking at it the way I am, you could argue you’re getting the 363 in it for free.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  17. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I can second that, both passenger and freight shunting are reasonable for any colour of 363. Even DB Cargo 363s can/could be seen shunting passenger coaches from time to time in my experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. jolojonasgames

That's interesting to hear. To me it indeed does seem realistic for that route, and it is fun to have a sandwich formation in timetable mode (on HRR it was only in a scenario if I recall correctly). I'm just hoping BRD will also feature runaround services :)

Thanks for your reaction, you did some absolutely great work on HHL (the best thing about that route is the timetable in my opinion), and I'm looking forward to seeing the work you did on the Rush Hour routes!

• Like Like x 3
  19. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

The fact that the V60 comes in this old school livery makes me think that there could be plans to dive into historic german locos and/or routes.

Let's assume the steam release could be similiar to rush hour - 3 new steam locos + corresponding passenger/freight cars (german, english and american) and maybe even three historic routes - the V60 in this livery could fit as a layer into that german route. The V60 exisits since 1955 - in the 50s and 60s there were still many steam locos in germany. So maybe these two things correspond to each other.
    I hope we get some historic rolling stock in the future like the BR 110, 141 etc. and some n-Wagen.

This is highly speculative as there is absolutely no information about Spirit of Steam. But it would not be the most idiotic idea when there is a symbiosis between rush hour (which is probably the new flag ship of TSW - since so many locos come with it) and Spirit of Steam.

• Like Like x 9
  20. trainsimplayer

Well I've done the maths (by I I mean Google, it's early...)
    Rush Hour (as we know) is 3 routes for the price of 1.

1 route in the bundle (ignoring locos) = £8.33 / €9.79 / $11.53
    1 loco in the bundle (ignoring routes) = £2.77 / €3.25 / $3.84

So, if you divide the price by the number or routes/locos, you have 1 Route / 1 loco for £2.08 / €2.44 / $2.88

So really Rush Hour, if your a fan of passenger stuff, really is a steal.

So for anyone complaining about the 363 issue, it's in a whole new livery, and is part of something bigger. Remember you still have the upper hand, as you own the original and can use what the original offers.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Ha! It's nice to see BRD develop into a "big one with much variety" - I thought after I first heared about it it'll be more like HRR/RRO. Nice! And I love the 363 so much, can't add anything which hasn't been said here already

• Like Like x 3
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My biggest hope now is that Rivet do a good job on the Cornwall route. It has the potential to be a great addition to TSW 2, so I hope they take their time and release something visually and functionally excellent and I hope it sounds great too. We know they can make a route look good from Cathcart so that standard has to be maintained if not bettered now.

• Like Like x 6
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

BRD is going to be an absolutely fantastic deal for new-ish players that have little german content, basically it's an opportunity to get almost all preserved trains which will possibly make all future TSW2 german content "Preserved Collection free" (I wonder if it's going to be possible to change the "home route" for other DLC locos from various old routes to BRD).

I guess for us that have already a lot of those DLCs we still get the routes, and at the end of the day is still 2 ½ routes at the price of 1.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Thanks for the compliment! It was my very first timetable. :D

• Like Like x 5
  25. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

will the 363 from BRD be activated for other routes like the 363 you had to buy separately? Not that in the end this applies only to the purchase version, but not for the "free" version of the BRD route.
    And more layers only make sense if it also works on console. On HMA there is still the restriction and it was always said that for this the memory optimization is necessary. According to the roadmap, this will not come with the Rush Hour update.

There is also no word on sound improvements for MSB. That doesn't make me feel very positive.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m fairly sure Adam has confirmed in a Roadmap stream that audio on MSB has been improved/fixed. The updates will only be released with Rush Hour though. I still have reservations. The audio on LIRR was supposed to have been fixed, but nope, there are still very obvious issues with sound on that route - which is heartbreaking. LIRR needs a lot more love and deserves it too.

• Like Like x 2
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Happy reminder that XBOX still hasn't got the latest BR182 fixes and is still impossible to acknowledge LZB Ende on Rapid Transit :D

• Like Like x 2
  28. matinakbary

But it was said on serveral roadmap streams that part of the MSB update are in fact the sound improvements for the 185 and 146. Adam confirmed this more than once because this has been asked several times. He also once said that the locos in BRD will have the fixed sounds which Adam's team has done for the MSB locos. So don't worry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  29. antony.henley

Thats the reason why there was more focus on passenger routes than freight!!!

But you can always develop your own route, timetable locomotives & rolling stock and release it if your that unhappy.

• Like Like x 1
  30. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

I just like to rely on things that are written :)

31. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit did get the new skybok/lighting.

32. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, I believe Maik Goltz said some time ago that he worked a little on Br 146 sound improvements (just mixing - no new source materials) which haven‘t been released yet. It‘s very much possible that this is intended for the BRD version. Don‘t quote me on that though - I‘m too lazy to search for Maik‘s post now to make sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Your math is off. Rush Hour does not include the 363 DLC, it includes another variant of the 363 loco.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

With the exception for the US, which only got a few freight routes and no passenger routes at all.

Unfortunately one would need to go to a massive amount of paperwork to get access to the editing tools...
    a problem plenty of third party developers are running into, and making it practically impossible for any individuals in the community who'd be able to use those tools...

• Like Like x 1
  35. antony.henley

Hi Joe,
    I would say blue and red would be reasonable, best of both worlds to be honest.
    Regarding the Riesa - Dresden route, on Train sim they used the 101 plus inter City stock on some of the services. Would this be subbed in as an optional layer for people that have the BR101 already?
    Looking forward to the route as its great in train sim.
    Just a couple of requests though can we have more light engine runs or power moves (multiple locos lash up) in the timetable please .

Cheers

Tony

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. jolojonasgames

I think I can give a little good news there, it says on the steam store page of Rush Hour that there will be IC services for people that have the BR 101.

That would be great, I love that RSN has a power move service. Some light engine runs/power moves certainly wouldn't hurt :).

• Like Like x 4
  37. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I'm not personally working on the Riesa - Dresden timetable nor have I had any time to take a look but I think the store page says it should be there? I think so, anyway. I'm on London to Brighton myself.

• Like Like x 3
  38. trainsimplayer

So your arguement is basically "I don't care". The theme of High-Speed means it was going to see a passenger focus by default.

• Like Like x 3
  39. trainsimplayer

I'm aware, and that's why the loco equation was [price] ÷ 9 (9 locos). That included the 363, and when I added the routes in, it was 12. The comment I made was saying that owners of the original 363 get that original, whilst also having the R:H version.

• Like Like x 1
  40. antony.henley

Ahh ok will check later tonight when I get in, I will pm you later as well
    Still could do with light engine movements though. Looking forward to the route(s)

Cheers

Tony.

41. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

There is a mod which enables the 363 Services on RSN with the 204 If you have it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

It's been in development for the time it should have + a little bit more, it's not taking a long time it was just announced too soon. Shouldn't be too much longer to wait though :)

• Like Like x 2
  43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well... technically... you could say it's not default :D There were literally 3 freight high-speed trainsets in existence, the TGV La Poste. Probably hard to build a DLC around those though :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  44. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If it was that easy, we would of seen more 3rd Party developers for TSW/TSW2 by now......

Its not like TS Classic where any average Joe can make content for it.

45. mike d1993

mike d1993 New Member

What all gets included in a Preservation Update?

• Like Like x 1
  46. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Excuse me if I'm being stupid, is this a postal train?

47. matinakbary

But the average Joe doesn't do the good content. I know you didn't want to say that, but it sounds a bit cynical for all the dedicated and highly skilled devs of TS. The average Joe wouldn't produce good content for TSW either. And I'm fine with that. Even a big studio like Rivet doesn't deliver the best results. It's just a biiiiig learnig curve.

• Like Like x 4
  48. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was delivering post between Paris and various larger cities (Lyon, Marseille, I think they even proposed London at one point). It was authorised for speeds of up 270 km/h, which makes it the fastest freight train to this day. These services were terminated in 2015 as La Poste created a new rail post system with containers that are slower, but have more capacity and are possibly significantly cheaper to run than these TGVs

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Which goes back to the original point....

"Why don't you go make the content yourself"

Because the option isn't really there for most people.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Making really good content isn't easy in either TS or TSW. Sure, the average TS player can create scenarios, put together consists and repaint and modify rolling stock using existing assets and learning some basic in-game tools. But creating an entire route or a complete locomotive requires skill and talent and more advanced software. And I'm pretty sure you would need more than Blueprint Visual to even begin to create content for TSW. I'm no expert, but it would probably take many months, if not years, to become proficient in UE. Some excellent content in TS has been produced by a single talented individual, but I'm guessing it requires at least a small team to create publishable content for TSW.

• Like Like x 2