Rivet Games London - Brighton Reigate Expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainbraint, Jul 14, 2021.

1. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

I noticed today on DTG’s Twitter that Rivet Games are bringing an expansion to the London - Brighton route including Reigate. Based on the replies on Twitter, a lot of people seemed rather confused about the precise contents of the pack since very little detail was given. I checked Rivet Games’s Twitter, and, since no-one else seemed to have done so already, I thought I would create a thread here to inform. So, for anyone who isn’t sure, Rivet Games say that it’s primarily a scenario pack, with the 1.8 mile extension to Reigate as an added bonus. So, chances are we won’t get an upgraded 377 or anything like that, and the only section of extended track is to Reigate from Redhill.

2. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

The Reigate to Redhill section is already in the BML and has full scenery from what I remember.

3. trainbraint

I don’t think it was included in the original route (otherwise Rivet Games probably wouldn’t be making an extension for it!) but I think Danny included it in one of his route merges on the steam workshop.

4. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It doesn't have scenery in Brighton Main Line, and never has :) (I did the Redhill scenery in the original route - so I would know this one :) )

Yep it's included in South London to Brighton on workshop (something like 6 years ago), but also in other merged routes that I've done too :).

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_London to Brighton_51.24195--0.20360_11-36-44.png

It was driveable though

6. trainbraint

So then it seems Rivet Games would only be adding scenery - still, it’ll be nice to see some custom assets like stations name boards which wouldn’t have been available in the workshop version.

7. trev123

trev123 Active Member

This is from Rivet Games FB page. "No but seriously, this is just a scenario pack with a short extension and will be priced like one. So consider you're buying a scenario pack, rather than a route extension."

8. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Wonder if they'll do part of the West Coastway route - We already have part of the line in place with I think 2 stations (just tracks and a few trees) at Hove and somewhere else on the line - Take it to Bognor Regis, Littlehampton or Portsmouth to merge with the PDL.

9. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Hove is in the above mentioned Workshop route (South London to Brighton at least )

10. trainbraint

It seems that recently, while DTG have been concentrating on getting more routes out for TSW, they have been treating us in the TS community to some routes that we have been wanting for a while or that are classic, very well-known routes in the world of railways, i.e. Tehachapi Pass and Cross City. I know lots of people have been wanting the coastway routes for a while, so that idea may come to fruition in the future.

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

$12.49 for a station sign and five scenarios? Pass until it's 75% off. Then I'll think about it.

Give us the route to Tattenham Corner instead. Three stations, full scenery from Reedham to Tattenham Corner, new services. Might get away with the $12.49 CAD on that. Maybe even $21.99 CAD mid priced) if it looks good.

Or take WCML and add Cumbernauld, Greenfaulds, and the extension between Springfield and the Gartcosh Junction north of Coatbridge (all modeled already). Add Anderston (inexplicabkly cut from the Suburban Glasgow despite being modeled because they clearly didn't want someone else merging in the Workshop before they were ready). Add the little line from Belgrove to the Cardonald area (also already modeled). You have enough to possibly get away with a single, full, updated for today Argyle Line DLC from Dalmuir and Milngavie to Larkhall and Motherwell, and then back up to Cumbernauld, and you could sell that full price instead of this garbage.

Why do I use that last example? They already released Suburban Glasgow. Clearly they saw this as a money treasure trove, hence why they only released 20% of the route.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  12. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I retract my earlier comments.