PC Cane Creek Collectables

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jannerdunk, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

For some reason there appears to be 21 Hi Vis vests and only 19 hammers. The overall total number of collectables still adds up to 80.

Cane Creek .jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. Without the extra vest, the achievement would not be possible to unlock on consoles. It should simply be a case of replacing one of the vests with a hammer type collectible (if there really isn't 20 hammers).

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Placing not the right amount of collectables is quite a habit we've seen on other routes as well.
    I think that every editor for graphics provides lists for the elements used, which contain certain properties like name, position, orientation and so on. So it shouldn't be too hard to check that the right number of each type has been placed.
    IF that is not possible, I was thinking about suggesting to use a tally sheet, but on second thought that might not be better, we could end up with 15 or 25 items instead of 20 .... XD

4. Jannerdunk

It would be interesting to know if anyone has managed to find 20 Hammers. Once again it appears that some basic testing before release has not been carried out.

And don't start me on the floating rocks! - It was only walking around the route you see how bad the floating rock issue is - I can forgive the odd floating asset, but seriously I don't understand how so many floating assets could have been missed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The incorrect number of collectables on routes is getting out of hand. It’s inexcusable for this to be wrong as it’s just a matter of counting each collectable on the route. For it to have happened in one route is acceptable - mistakes happen, but we are up to at least four routes now (and possibly counting). LIRR was supposed to have been fixed, but players have still reported an incorrect number of collectables on the route. The mind boggles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am down to finding 6 hammers found 20 of everything else, I agree the amount of floating rocks on this route is extremely excessive and is so disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

I agree if was just the one route where this happened it could be forgiven, as mistakes can happened and if rushed sometimes you forget how much of one item you placed. But using the editor to see what and where everything is placed can confirm your count you have the correct number of each items laid out. But this isn't the first route for this to occur on and it's getting inexcusable..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Newbury

So using the collectible guide posted to help me find my missing hammers I came across one not in that guide, and it's in Gemini. So if you are walking towards Moab it is somewhere in between the info sign and the water coolers in the rock canyon on the left side. It will be on the right side if your coming from Moab.

upload_2021-7-15_14-16-24.jpeg

upload_2021-7-15_14-16-57.png

Still missing a hammer somewhere though

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I now have 20 hammers. Thanks. So seems like there is one too many vests. I used this guide by the way.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2542232804

Attached Files:

• 81.png
      81.png
      File size:
      122.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

I have updated my steam guide with this last hammer. I gave you credit for finding it. Thanks for sleuthing. I will see those spiking hammers in my nightmares for weeks to come. lol

• Like Like x 4
  11. Michael Newbury

You are welcome always great to be of assistance. Now if I can only figure out where my 20th hammer is I'm set, using your guide I have gone every part a couple of times.

12. Michael Newbury

13. Michael Newbury

I can now proudly say I just found my final hammer in the County Road 94 area, the nightmares for me are over as well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

So that hammer was placed in the wrong order in my guide. I only just realized that. Sorry about the mix up. It's fixed now :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Michael Newbury

No worries at least there were 20 hammers to find.

16. Jannerdunk

Thanks all, I've found my missing hammer using the guide, it wasn't the one that was originally missing from the guide. One of the hardest set of collectables for a while!

• Like Like x 1
  17. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

That is dedicated collecting. Well done :).