Tsw: Milwaukee Road St. Pauls Pass And Other Sections Perhaps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alexander.s, Jun 13, 2020.

1. alexander.s

alexander.s Active Member

Was created in Trainz and didn't came in Train Simulator. A bygone era
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    in the 1980's it was been delectrified.
    [​IMG]
    Most of the tracks have been dismantled.

• Like Like x 23
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

This could be great. A Little Joe, Bipolar, or other Milwaukee Road electric needs to be included, plus maybe a Geep (GP7/9, GP30, GP35, etc.), SD40, SD45, or FP45. I'd love to see a Hiawatha or Olympian passenger consist and some freight cars and a caboose in Milwaukee Road livery.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pierre.lheureux

pierre.lheureux New Member

Hello, until recently I also deplored this lack because the Milwaukee Road is one of my favorite lines, with its landscapes and its very characteristic locomotives. Hope it will be released on TS2021, 22 someday ? Who knows ? Maybe it's a matter of license like BNSF ...?
    In the meantime I took advantage of the sales to buy Trainz and the Avery Drexel DLC and I downloaded the Bipolar for free ( in 4 versions ! ),
    It's old-fashioned (especially the interiors), but frankly for lack of better I must admit that it is very beautiful and the locomotives do the job,
    I recommend without hesitation!

4. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Ain't got nothing to do with licensing. The Soo Line absorbed the Milwaukee, and then the Soo was absorbed by Canadian Pacific, and licensing is just fine with CP, so it ain't that.

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

How long would the proposed route/section(s) be? It would be interesting to see possibly the only well known electrified American freight route. And we could see an interesting element in diesel locos being controlled from an electric one as was supposedly done with MILW

6. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Supposedly?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and this will be the only American Electric route to have 3kv DC system. The Northeast Corridor uses 11kv 25hz Washington to New Haven Connecticut upgraded in the 1970s 1980s to 12.5kv 25-60hz. Followed by the December 14th 1999 electrification project 25kv 60hz New Haven to Boston

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know there's a bunch of pictures, but for example, in my country mixed traction operation on older engines was two engineers using radio to do similar stuff on both locos. That's why I wasn't assuming special controls instantly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some Milwaukee electrics!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘d also like to voice my support. I have a big soft spot for old electrics and this would give us a new perspective on North American freight. Not to mention the beautiful landscape which would accompany such a route. I‘d love to see it happen :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

FM Erie Bulits in MR livery are another possible loco to run passenger services.

12. Goldeneye48

Goldeneye48 New Member

It's doable, but it's going to be debranded since this Fallen Flag is within BNSF's track rights territory.

13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

How? When the Milwaukee Road went bankrupt, they got sold to the SOO line in 1985. The SOO line was later acquired by Canadian Pacific, so the owner of the Milwaukee Road brand should be Canadian Pacific, not BNSF. In fact it was BNSF predecessor, the Burlington Northern, was one of the causes of the Milwaukee Roads demise in the 70's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Goldeneye48

Goldeneye48 New Member

If the parent company is Canadian Pacific, then it will be up to that company to grant DTG a license for the branding if they wanted to do a segment of this network in it's hay days.

15. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

If they pick the right era they would just have to add the electric engine.

16. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

And we don't know what's CP's feelings on that, as we don't have any SOO or MILW stuff in TS Classic to go off of.

They could be like the CN or NJT license, which they only want their current brand represented....

(CN had the B&LE route pulled as their license with DTG didn't cover that, and NJT refused DTM from making retro NTJ liveries for their U34CH loco)

Or they can be like UP and CSX, where they are more open to the idea.

N3V games does have a Milwaukee Road Route for Trainz, but their licensing seems a bit different from DTG's (As they can publish BNSF content worldwide, and release routes that feature alot of branding, like Mojave Sub from Jointed Rail.)

17. igortheaa20

igortheaa20 New Member

i do want to drive that it looks so appealing

18. max#3831

max#3831 Member

I suggested the Milwaukee Road but set in the early 1960s and this route would be a good candidate for Train Sim World 3 and I would like to drive the box cabs and little joes.

• Like Like x 1