Frankfurt - Koblenz Route Add-on.buy Or No Buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, Jul 13, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Have seen that this route have 35% off but have seen that many have downvoted this route so I wonder is it worth a buy or not?

2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

My opinion is it’s not worth it at any price. The signalling is quite broken. There are numerous wrong speed limits and a couple of big holes in the scenery. PZB doesn’t work properly either. Despite these all being reported, by various people, no fixes have been forthcoming.

On the plus side, the train it comes with is excellent and some of the scenery looks nice.

If it was fixed, I would recommend it, it has great potential but in its current state, and no comment from DTG, I can’t.

3. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

4. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Active Member

The scenery is really beatiful and well made. The distance is good. The attached EMU is very nice. You also have alterative ways to go either bypassing the airport or taking IC or local train stations. Combining with other routes in the vicinity (Koblenz-Koln, Koln-Dusseldorf) one can make really long and realistic journeys.
    But as others mentioned signaling is a disaster. While distant signals seem to work ok, the main signals usually just show green, when obviously we are taking a side track. Some signals are just black and some show all aspects. This is really dissapointing when developers put so much love into the scenery and can't finnish the signaling properly, which brakes the immersion totally.
    I still drive the route for it's scenery and long journeys combined with other routes but usually I just use Free Roam, setting all switches to straight so I don't have a lot of problems.
    I wouldn't recommend the route just for itself but if you own for example Koblenz-Koln and want to make some IC rides on both it makes more sense.

DT please update the signaling on the route. With proper signaling this could be the best add-on in the region!