Is Next Thursday The Rush Hour Release Date Reveal Perhaps?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jul 16, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I saw in the stream schedule for next week, Thursday is a TSW2 Announcement stream with Matt and JD. Could this be the Rush Hour release date reveal? Then again would that need a stream of its own?

• Like Like x 2
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

RH release date would be my first guess indeed. Maybe also some more RH details that haven't been revealed yet .. ? Or first gameplay of the RH routes perhaps...?

• Like Like x 1
  3. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Or maybe that, with new memory optimization and UE 4.26, the DTG team found a way to include all HMA layers on console...

(wishful thinking)

• Like Like x 3
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

To answer the original question, it is not the release date being revealed.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TinTin_57

We love a bit of speculation Nat, you know that ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Here is her reply in another thread

I am here to ruin the speculation. No release date for rush Hour is being shared. Set expectations to low on the excitement scale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. TinTin_57

Yeah see above here too. Shame
    But then that begs the question........what actually is the announcement?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Newbury

My curiosity was peaked when I saw that, but with her reply not really sure what to make of it now. Still trying to think what it could be.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They show a Rush Hour Route maybe

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michael Newbury

Do not expect a release date as of yet for Rush Hour Nat already nixed that, it is something smaller than that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Maybe it‘ll be about the sudden appereance of the Br 363 on BRD and layers? While Steam mentions IC and ICE layers for BRD, Matt was unwilling to confirm that yet - maybe we‘ll get clarity on that point?

• Like Like x 1
  12. TinTin_57

Or it’s to say Rush Hour is delayed beyond summer!!! Sam has been tongue in cheek (I think) been hinting it’s later this year rather than summer on the recent streams

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Fair point. August is coming closer and closer but there hasn‘t been much shown off yet (actually basically zero) and Matt has been quite hesitant on what will come with rush hour (implying that the routes are still a long way off being finished to my mind).

• Like Like x 4
  14. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Low expectations? Uh, I hope it is nothing negative like restrictions on downward compatibility, cessation of current-gen console updates or something like that.

Let's hope for the best. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. TinTin_57

On a positive note it could of course be a demo of a killer feature that has previously not been announced that requires its own stream. If Matt is on it, it means he has to explain something bad that requires a technical answer, or it means there’s something he is really proud of and only he can talk about it in detail and really praise the benefits of it

• Like Like x 3
  16. Michael Newbury

Valid point, as Nat did say to set our expectations to low.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

yeah I think it's going to be delayed

• Like Like x 2
  18. TinTin_57

Tried asking a question along these lines on the stream tonight. Shouldn’t have bothered, you just get patronised by the mods as always so logged off as they spoil streams these days

• Like Like x 4
  19. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

This announcement must be pretty huge for it to appear on the rail fan TV schedule… who knows..

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

More will be revealed on Thursday regarding the announcement and why there is a stream alongside it. We felt it was better to use 'announcement' as the title for the stream instead of TBC.

At the moment we want to avoid everyone expecting something like the Rush Hour date reveal or something less optimistic such as a delay to the content.

For now we have to be a bit vague about what this particular stream will involve but you won't have to wait long.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  21. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, if it is not a Rush Hour Release date, Low Expectations means its probably not the Editor Finally Arriving. Maybe nat just said that. I think we might be getting a Spirit of Steam Related Stream. Or maybe its for DTG to come together and say that Rush Hour was a Hoax, or maybe they are Discontinuing Support for Xbox One and PS4 to allow longer routes. I mean, why else would they make a PS5/Xbox Series X|S Version when the XONE and PS4 Versions work fine? Discontinuing Xbox One and PS4 is something that the community would be not Expecting, hence the Low Expectations Wording. If its not that, its probably Rush Hour being delayed. What else could it be?

• Like Like x 2
  22. trainsimgaming1001

I was on the Rivet Forums and Jasper said someone told him the Rush Hour Release Date, and he said he forgot it, which may be another way of saying its delayed

• Like Like x 2
  23. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Tsw 2 comes into Xbox Gamepass and Removed The 2020 Version Probably, that’s why we get each week New DLCs at sale ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Maybe something about steam or Rush hour is delayed or even dropping support for old generation of consoles maybe even show off a Rush hour route who knows well find out on Thursday

• Like Like x 2
  25. MrSouthernDriver

They said it’s nothing really interesting but who knows maybe it’s layers for HMA. We don’t know.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Rush Hour can’t exactly be delayed when it hasn’t even been given a date yet….

• Like Like x 2
  27. MrSouthernDriver

That’s a good point

• Like Like x 1
  28. trainsimgaming1001

Wel, if it was Rush Hour being showed off, then they could reveal that, and I doubt that they would need a dedicated stream to announce rush hour being delayed. Maybe it will be something Spirit of Steam, but besides last gen consoles being discontinued and Rush Hour being Delayed, what else could it be. The 38 stock from Rivet is no where near ready. Nor is Penzance. Maybe it will be some info on the Long-Awaited Class 313. I mean, on the Roadmap, its not listed as releasing alongside rush hour. Which means 2 things: Its coming out this month, or Rush Hour has been delayed. But I do agree with Last Gen Consoles being discontinued. Even then, it could still be available for sale, just with no DLC or Updates. Given the power of the Next Gen Consoles, it would allow for routes to be much longer and think of it. Rush Hour, delayed or not, is supposed to have a massive timetable. One Dev Screenshot from the editor showed 700 Services from BML alone, and there is bound to be more in the final release. That amount of Services would struggle on Last Gen Consoles. Heck, it already struggles.

• Like Like x 2
  29. MrSouthernDriver

700 services!? Wow thats a LOT of trains, a lot of action and plenty to do on the BML i see.

• Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimgaming1001

Yeah, I agree they cannot really delay rush hour before we have release date. While core updates are normally around August, The Release Date of Summer 2021 could be as late as September 21st 2021. They do not have alot of time to finish 3 Routes by August 26, the last thursday of august, that have had no Proper Screenshots showing nearing completion. Think of it. SEHS, we had screenshots showing a near complete route a month before release. LGV over a month before release. Isle of Wight, same thing. Cane Creek, same thing, Arosa, Same Thing, Cinchfield, same thing, Hamburg Lubeck, same thing. The thing is, If they delay it beyond september, it will be the Winter Release of TSW. They have been at this since March or whenever TSW Update was added to roadmap. Thats 3 months fron anouncement and 5 at least from development starting.

• Like Like x 1
  31. trainsimgaming1001

If the Stream on Thursday is not rush hour, what else could it be. I doubt they would need a stream fr a delay. They did not need one last time, and that was for a bigger release. Doubt its the 2022 release. They would not announce that before we have a release date for the 2021 release. Maybe it is something about Spirit of Steam? Maybe the Class 313 release date. It has literary taken longer than TSW2 and TSW2 rush hour toke to develop combined. My main guess though is going to Last-Gen Consoles being discontinued. Why else would they make an Xbox Series SX and PS5 dedicated version when the PS4/Xbox One versions work fine

32. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I doubt Rush Hour would be delayed since it hasn't even gotten a release date yet. At this rate, it's most likely gonna release around the end of August, so either on the 19th or the 26th. DTG has stated it will arrive this summer, delaying it would mean it would release in the fall.

Dropping last gen console support would be a very dumb move by DTG, not just because of the uproar it would cause, but also because only a handful of people own the Series X/S or PS5. There's still a lot of players playing on the Xbox One or PS4, and many of them cannot pick up a next gen console due to the financial difficulties the COVID pandemic caused. Even if they had enough money to buy 10 next gen consoles, they wouldn't be able to pick one up because retailers would run out before they even finished restocking half of the shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  33. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Nat clearly states it is not a delay either in her post.

I think it is going to be a big sale on the base TSW2 as they have said you need it for Rush Hour to work.

And Nat said in another post that existing players won't find the announcement exciting.

So it means it's geared to bring in new players is how I read it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  34. trainsimgaming1001

Well, a sale would not need a Full-Scale Stream. Just a Trailer Video is what sales usually get. A sale can be exciting to existing players, as it would mean they can pick up DLC for much cheaper. If it is not Rush Hour Release Date or Sprit of Steam Related, what could it be besides Last-Gen Consoles being discontinued, which I would personally support if this were to happen, as it would mean that the PC and Next-Gen Console Players could benefit from things that XONE and PS4 cannot, such as larger timetables (rush hour), longer routes, and a More Graphically Intensive Livery Designer

35. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Sam said last night the announcement wasn't going to be about Rush Hour, it'll probably be something mundane like Matt's got a new pair of fluffy pink ears for the streams!

36. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What has the liv des got to do with power of next gen consoles ?

37. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It will probably be a mobile or Nintendo Switch version of TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  38. MrSouthernDriver

I don’t think tsw2 would release on mobile as the graphics are way too high

• Like Like x 1
  39. docsnyder1911

It will have reduced graphics probably like other mobile versions from simulations like Mudrunner or Farming Simulator to make it getting work on mobiles. Perhaps it will not have cab view too.

40. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

TSW runs badly enough on last gen consoles there’s no way they’re bringing out a mobile version

41. docsnyder1911

Let us wait till Thursday. Than we will see. :)

42. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

like seriously there's no way they're porting it to mobile chief

43. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

they promised it would arrive in the summer but where r we now in the middle of summer and rush hour hasn’t arrived yet it’s July next month is August(in which county/Parish schools start back) then it would be the start of the fall season in September so they don’t have long til the fall season approaches only 2 months til the start of the fall season then October will be here before u know it then Thanksgiving in November and then it will be Christmas in December then New Years 2022in January

• Like Like x 2
  44. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's right, fall starts in September, so calm down, please. I think we are all well aware when the other dates mentioned will be ...
    Even if RH doesn't arrive in the summer (without there being any indication of that), no one will have a heart attack or anything.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

December to February is summer in Australia so we still have 7 months until the end of summer, it's never been stated that it's summer in England that DTG are talking about :)

• Like Like x 4
  46. docsnyder1911

Completely agree with you Slemcer. We have so many nice TSW content, that we can play in the meantime. So that it wouldn't be a thing if Rush Hour would be released even in fall.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  47. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not that anyone is betting on such a thing but the clever money is on a Nintendo Switch version of TSW2 or inclusion in Gamepass on Xbox being announced. It’s already been said that existing players won’t find it particularly exciting, that it isn’t related to Rush Hour and that it can’t be a delay because there hasn’t been a date announced yet. So it must be for new players. As pointed out in another thread, the word Nintendo has appeared in a job application description on DTG’s website, although it could be just for the more simplistic fishing games, and TSW2020 appeared on Gamepass around a year after launch. So one of those two.

• Like Like x 3
  48. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, a Nintendo Switch version could certainly be a marketing boon to DTG. Apparently, there are close to 85 million units out there. Some of their owners must be rail fans. Even 1-5% would be a lot of new players. I'm told the "Switch" can do everything a PlayStation or Xbox can do plus, if you have the young eyes of a child or teenager, you could play TSW on the school bus or in the back seat of your parents' car on a road trip. The only question is: Does it have the horsepower to play the game at high settings? Probably. And memory and storage are more than adequate, it seems. I don't know how big the tablet is, but a mobile version would be a huge expansion of the TSW market. I'm typing this on a 10 inch tablet, which is too small for games with my old eyes, but, for generation X,Y or Z?

• Like Like x 2
  49. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

If it were an announcement for the addition of Nintendo, DTG would have made great progress with memory optimization.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It depends on the kind of version DTG would produce. It wouldn't have to be the same graphically as its other versions. It could be made to fit the specs of the NS and still be an enjoyable experience, especially for mobile players.