Can Creek Achievement Bad Luck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Jul 18, 2021.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I got the Cane Creek trainset, and the Mastery can not be done if you do the Journey as it is suppose to be. And also the achievement for the SD40-2, can absolutely not be done, the whole Journey is done, and therefore all the scenario, and then I done the mot un-imaginative and boring part of the game (for all trainset that is) and I am still short of the requirement ( and even some of the scenario of the Journey had to be repeated because of running a red light), the distance require for the acheivement is higher than what the normal use of the game allow

• Like Like x 1
  2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

It is definitely able to be done rat7_mobile - you need to pick scenarios and services that will achieve what you want. For some things (miles) you get credit as you go. For some things like filling cars (wagons) I think you need to finish the scenario or service that has the loading in it. Could you explain what you seem to be having problems with - i.e. which part(s) are you missing and I can suggest a service that will help you out.

cane creek mastery.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

• Like Like x 1
  4. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    I'm having a problem too. Everything needed to be done to complete both Mastery tiers are complete, yet it isn't recognising something. :(
    Cane Creek Mastery Not Correct 2.jpg Cane Creek Mastery Not Correct 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Did you complete the 2 scenarios with a difficulty of 3 or above after finishing tier 1? If not, you have to run them again. Mastery never credits past achievements.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

you complete the 2 scenarios with a difficulty of 3 or above

7. conniethunder

I figured that it^ might be the case. I just didn't want to spend another 4hours or so redoing them :(
    ...all this just to see Mulder and Scully

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m also in this boat. Did Journey mode in order to then find I need to repeat 4hrs worth of scenarios to get Mastery Tier2. A bit disappointing

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Well, I guess one cant just become a Master in smth without repeating the same scenarios over and over again :D

10. paul.pavlinovich

Mulder and Scully are on Cathcart Circle with the UFO :).

If you run the scenarios at 50mph it doesn't take nearly as long :)

11. conniethunder

lol. What was I thinking.
    I meant dinosaurs :mad:

12. rat7_mobile

If you do the Journey, by the time you get to complete the first part, there is no scenario that are required for the second part of the Mastery left to be done, they are all completed, except for four roaming "without objective, but with objective"

13. rat7_mobile

So that is cheating then

14. Lamplight

What exactly is supposed to be cheating?

15. rat7_mobile

When something is already mark as done, then doing the same thing twice is cheating

16. Lamplight

How is it cheating to replay content? What unfair advantage is being gained by replaying content? Who is being cheated?

To register progress for mastery, you need to do what it wants you to do when it wants you to do it. There's nothing saying that the order of things in journey mode will unlock mastery. That is for you to check - mastery is just an optional gimmick. I remember that there was already a discussion on the forums about skipping a service in the journey in which you were involved. Let's not reignite such a discussion. It's just the way things work.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rat7_mobile

The game is being cheated, if you thing twice, there is a reason why Journey and Scenario have check mark, and the rest of the un-imaginative runs have score and medals, it means that once it is do, it is not meant to be done again, you already done it and in the case of the un-imaginative part, you have been scored for it

If any part(s) of a trainset were meant to be done more than once, then you could un-check them and there would be no score/medal for the un-imaginative part of the game

18. conniethunder

Annoying as it is, it looks like we have to redo some scenarios if you want to complete Mastery Tier 2 :(

19. rat7_mobile

It was badly design then

Anyway, you will probably never be able to see it, so far I have all the Mastery, except for the USA one with the grey locomotive, and I only was able to see the one with the flying saucer, all the others even when, can not be seen

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  20. conniethunder

I guess I was lucky with the other Mastery for Routes then, because I have manged to unlock them all except for Cane Creek.
    Finding/seeing them along the route is another 'challenge' - unless you want to 'cheat' and search the inet/youtube. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  21. rat7_mobile

YOu got me wrong, I have them all except for Cane Creek, and the other USA which as a grey locomotive in it, has I had to abandon this one as the Journey can not be completed due to other mistake in the programmation of the Journey, were you have to get the cabose back but are prevent due to a red light, because there is anohter train right in front, which is also stuck until you can get the cabose and free the track :-(

The Only one however that can be seen is the flying saucer in Northern England

22. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I dont think its cheating to replay a scenario once its ticked. Your best score is recorded for you to improve. I did the really long on to Potash where you do some switching and load 3 hoppers. I met all the speed limits, no overspeed. Stopped bang on every marker, but only got silver for my 2 hours graft. I want to replay for gold but don't know what I could do better

23. conniethunder

I re-ran two of the difficulty 3 or above routes tonight (part 1 & 2) and have been awarded Mastery Tier 2, so it does work.
    Just run the straights at +85 MPH and the twistys you can take at 60 MPH. I had them both done in about an hour. I didn't beat my gold and silver medals though, not sure why :( :)

*** Spoiler alert below ***
    Noisy cars signify a collectable is nearby. I didn't notice them the first time I played.

...and how many of you knew that on the map screen, CTRL allows you to rotate the map?
    You learn something new every day!

24. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I cant run the straights at 85mph, I tried, I can't bring myself to exceed the posted speed limit

25. paul.pavlinovich

The T-Rex looks particularly satisfied, maybe the creature had just eaten Mulder and Scully - don't beat yourself up over it, I'm pretty sure I said Sculder and Mully on my live stream :)

26. paul.pavlinovich

Good news, there is no posted speed limit.