Nycta Or Chicago Transit, Im Sick Of Openbve

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by weebnamedrebootnyc, Jul 19, 2021.

?
  1. yessssss omgomgogmogm nycta is the bestttttttttt so epic!!!! we definitely need nycta!!!!

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no i dont want to simulate my train stalling under the east river

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. dont vote for this i dont know how to delete additional questions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. weebnamedrebootnyc

weebnamedrebootnyc New Member

So as you can tell by my name, I'm from New York City, I love New York City, including the trains (as unreliable as they are) I'm sure we are all very familiar with the NYCTA so ill spare y'all the history lesson.
    I think it would be great to see atleast one of the 26 lines like the A train (207th-Dyckman - 116th Rockaway Beach) Or the B train (205th Norwood - Brighton Beach)
    These two lines are among many train lines that i would love to see.
    You know what else would be awesome to see? CTA! Chicago is the 4th largest city in America and the first city to have a dedicated subway system. from what i know, the CTA has 8 train lines, shy of the 26 train lines that are in NYC as previously mentioned, the CTA also has way LESS train stations, coming in at 130 apposed to the 472 in NYC. I think it would be cool to see the blue or red lines, they are 2 of the busiest lines in Chicago. (Blue line starting at forest park and ending at O'hare airport, red line going from 95th/Dan Ryan expwy to Howard) These are both very good options and definitely need to be thought of by dovetail, im tired of using a japanese game from 2000 to simulate driving in New York or Chicago. Dovetail, please throw us a bone. (sorry if this thread seemed all over the place and if some photos are duplicated, im new to this.) bluelineohare.PNG bluelineohare.PNG AtrainNYC.PNG atrainrockaways.PNG redlineCTA.PNG

Attached Files:

2. weebnamedrebootnyc

3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

If they could make the Bakerloo line for TSW2, I really don't see the problem in making a NYC Subway route, DTG is open to metros/subway systems.
    The one reason I do think they haven't made it though is replay value, you just stop and start over and over again, there really is no replay value to it, besides the MoW operations.
    Another reason is the intricacy of scenery on the elevated lines, and the lack of scenery underground.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. weebnamedrebootnyc

The A train isnt really lacking in scenery, and they can do the 7 line which is 80 percent above ground and only has 5 underground stations

• Like Like x 1
  5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

The fact that it's above ground that much is a problem, as you have to custom model basically all the buildings and scenery lined up against the tracks, thus DTG wouldn't take the time and resources to do it.

• Like Like x 1