Help Needed In "walk" Mode

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eddie_ce, May 27, 2018.

1. eddie_ce

eddie_ce New Member

Hi
    further to my query yesterday, I am tearing my hair out in walk mode. In GWE I have managed to board a train for PAD. Having arrived at Platform 12, I can not for the life of me get onto the main concourse. I can get the marker to go down to 7yd but then end up against a wall. Whatever I do I can not leave the platform.

Surely, there must somewhere be a comprehensive set of instructions on how to use this mode. I have found all sorts of help regarding the different locos, but none on what the blue marker or the red circle which appears on a right mouse click really mean or how to use them.

This is getting really frustrating and spoiling what I had hoped would be a good driving experience. Are my problems due to using keyboard and mouse, would an XBox controller be better? If so, how does this connect to my computer?

2. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

I don't know if this helps but the blue marker is just an objective you need to walk through in order for the game to progress. A bit clunky, you need to go over it exactly. The red circle, or crosshair means danger, for instance, if you walk over a track.

I don't know exactly what the problem is on platform 12, but aren't you able to just walk over the tracks and skip platforms that way? There are little steps so you can climb up again. A little immersion breaking but you might solve it like that.

I absolutely recommend using a controller, yes. I use a Dualshock 4 from my Playstation 4 with a Bluetooth adapter in my PC in order to play wireless. I do use a third party program in order for Windows 10 to recognize the controller, an X-Box controller doesn't need that. I like using the controller because I feel the throttle and brakes better, also it enables me to play with every HUD element disabled, I can look forward and use the sticks without going to them with a mouse. I do the same in TS2018.

I really would love to have the Raildriver peripheral though :D

• Like Like x 1