Eurostar.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rhyttik, Mar 16, 2021.

1. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

With Southeastern highspeed in the game why can't we make that an extension to this route.

U will be able to run services from London - Paris/ Brussels or even Amsterdam via the Channel tunnel.
    With this Southeastern highspeed will be an extension DLC. This will allow you to run the Kent circular and services to Dover priory here is the rolling stock for this DLC except class 395.

Class 373 in both old and new:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Class 374:
    [​IMG]
    Eurotunnel class 9 for Le shuttle:
    [​IMG]
    So share what you think about this idea.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure its been discussed to death on the same suggestion with other posts, but 31 miles of tunnel isn't very fun or scenic.......

• Like Like x 12
  3. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Route length and dealing with multiple national railways is probably going to kill this idea. Plus 2-3 hours non stop on cruise control wouldn't be fun from a player perspective.

The scenery in Northern France isn't that great either :)

Eurostar does come up a lot - but there are a lot of reasons why it's probably not going to appear.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good. If it was to Brussels too. Then, maybe they could add the Thalys and TGV Reseau

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

also like many other posts have said licensing for eurostar isn't easy to get

• Like Like x 1
  6. ambatiparthasarathy

ambatiparthasarathy New Member

Worst working dtg team players suggestions not taking, Eurostar is my favourite locos

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

DTG do take on our suggestions, it's how they decide what to make.

They can't make every suggestion out there.

And me (and many others) wouldn't find Eurostar interesting, mostly on Cruise Control AND a 30-odd mile long tunnel.
    Not to mention it's far to large to make.

I'm going to be blunt; just because you want it, doesn't mean they have to make it.

Also, necrobumping is against forum rules.

• Like Like x 8
  8. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

There are many reasons why a Eurostar Route isn't Possible.
    1. It's at the moment too long for a TSW 2 Route.
    2. I don't think anyone would want to drive through a Tunnel that takes like half and hour.
    3. I heard that the Eurostar License is very hard to obtain.
    4. I think that going the entire Route might be boring too with almost the entirety being TVM and other Cruise Control Systems.

I would rather see the line go all the way to Ashford for more Southeastern Services.
    Plus, another rather "pointless" Way to resurrect a Suggestion from the Suggestion Graveyard.

• Like Like x 5
  9. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Also just because Eurostar is your favourite TOC, doesn't mean it should be in TSW 2. DTG can choose what Route they want to make, if the Community isn't happy about a Route, they can Learn. Plus DTG does take Suggestions, for example the BML was suggested alot and it's coming to TSW 2.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

everything you said creeperblox2710 i give 2 thumbs up to in explaining that

11. elaineedwards2013

I understand, but I would not really mind driving through a tunnel for less than half an hour. Besides, I am hoping to drive the 373 Eurostar for real in the future

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. elaineedwards2013

I have always wanted to drive the 373 Eurostar in Train Sim World 2. Thanks for the suggestion.

13. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

This will never happen, at least not from DTG. If we get the editor, which everyone who knows DTG know wont happen, then a eurostar route would happen (maybe)

• Like Like x 1
  14. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yes but most people - judging by the response whenever Eurostar comes up - would mind it.

It would be boring as hell.

• Like Like x 4
  15. elaineedwards2013

I understand what you mean, but still the 373 Eurostar would be lovely for the game

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I already considered the approx 8 minute drive through the Arlbergtunnel in Train Simulator pretty long and boring...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yet then again, there are people who have no problem if the 6.2 mile long Moffat Tunnel was added, and had no complaints about the 7.8 mile Cascade Tunnel on Stevens Pass on TS Classic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Maybe the route HS1 : st Pancras intl - Folkestone central via ashford intl with a Eurostar would be better

• Like Like x 1
  19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That one can be done as HS1 Ebbsfleet International lower level to Folkestone/Dover via Ashford International. At Ebbsfleet International the screen will say do you wish to continue to London St Pancras Yes or No Yes means your train continues on words to London St Pancras on SEHS Ebbsfleet International to London St Pancras. No option is return to main menu continue to free roam journey and scenarios. Speaking of HS1 Ebbsfleet International lower level to St Pancras You're simply going to deal with SEHS Trains getting ahead of you or deal with heavy traffic even a class 92 locomotive towards Barking from Calais-Fréthun with some of the load originating in Perpignan Le Soler freight yard. Where the SNCF BB27000 or TVM-430 KVB VACMA BB22200 took over from Renfe 252 locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dezzy1

dezzy1 Member

I would really love for a Eurostar route. I like the uniqueness of it, the fact that it goes out of the country and the fact that it has to make HS1 in kph instead of mph etc and the brand is really cool also. However I have high doubts. It's a really long route and I feel that could be a struggle for DTG to make. Also Eurostar is very protective of there brand and licencing is difficult. However it would be interesting to have tho. One way to have a route similar is the Le shuttle from Dover to Calais. It would add the euro tunnel and from there it could hopefully lead to something like the Eurostar.

21. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

If Eurostar was to come It would probably be better to go until Folkestone since that’s the station before it goes under the sea