Anyone Missing The T Button? :p

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by PASTORIUS9000, Jun 16, 2018.

1. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

I really want to open doors with just a button on my keyboard and not having this interface with the TAB key. It breaks immersion.

Anyone feels the same?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

If only that broke the immersion.
    And all the rest (no cars on the roads, no life around, etc.)

3. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

I don't really suffer yet from that. Either you accept the parameters and boundaries of this simulation (and the previous TS) ore not. I think it's a great sim experience.

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

It is very odd that opening the doors does not have a straight up keybind. It really should, as everything else that is important can be activated with a simple push of a button without opening up some interface. It really messes up the flow of things to need to reach over for the mouse to click the buttons in the cab or on the menu, and it’s also just as annoying to do the method of hitting tab multiple times and then hitting enter in order to navigate the interface. This should just be push button and done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It would be useful to have a key-binding for 'unlock/lock left' and 'unlock/lock right'. It would also be nice to have an optional automatic mode where the 'guard' opens the doors. On the HST for example it's the job of the Guard/Train Manager to open the doors, not the driver.

There's also the issue of doors which are not adjacent to the platform opening. In TS2018 the game knows where the train is, whether it's the left or right side doors that need to be opened and how many are off the end of the platform. In TSW you can only open all the doors or none of the doors, this means on the WSR you sometimes have several coaches off the end of the platform with their doors open.

6. KNIGHTAL

KNIGHTAL New Member

Yeah I would like to see some life, at the moment it's like an apocalypse has occurred. :|

7. KNIGHTAL

KNIGHTAL New Member

Took me a while to figure out how to open the doors, yes a single key would be nice.