Sehs Drive To Victoria

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hasse#8149, Jul 21, 2021.

1. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

We can go to St Pancras but not to London Victoria on SEHS. When Rush Hour releases arent we going to be able to drive från London Victoria then? Wouldnt be that big of a stretch to connect Victoria to SEHS then since the hardest part, Victoria Station, is already modelled? And Please make route add ons possible to connect between when possible. how cool wouldnt it be if we could go with Bakerloo line to Paddington and take a GWR train to Reading in one go exploring on foot given we have both add ons? Wouldnt that be a driver for sales too? Bakerloo is passing alot of train stations. If I could change between routes i owned at all stations connecting I would buy all connected add ons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

You see There's a huge Gap between SEHS and Victoria, That being the Chatham Main Line, with that being said, DTG will not make it for SEHS, rather in a separated Route. Now for the Paddington Situation, the Bakerloo Line and GWE aren't merged, meaning you can't go to Paddington Station on GWE from Paddington Station on the Bakerloo Line. Also, what exactly do you mean with "Driver for Sales too"?
    Plus, I don't think Victoria is the hardest Part to make, rather the what I like to call "The Chatham Circle". (I hope you get what I mean)

• Like Like x 1
  3. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Okay then maybe the line is a bit longer than just a few stations. but still. I know that GWE and Bakerloo isnt connected. that is what I am proposing to do though, to connect lines that naturally intersect. that would be a driver for sales selling more add ons because of the fact that you could walk between routes you owned. that is the suggestion here and we would all bebefit from it DTG as well as us players.

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Southeastern trains to and from London Victoria as well as some other physical rail connections. As for Bakerloo link at Paddington, this requires a lot of pedestrian walkways between the two. Hopefully at some future point we will see more connectivity between routes such as...
    London Victoria to Rochester BML to SEHS
    Reading to Redhill via Guildford (North Downs) GWE to BML
    Reading to Truro (in sections) GWE to WCL

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of suggestions for the Chatham Main Line recently that all depend on the idea of route merging, which (going by what has been said on the streams) would be a big project to implement and is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I still wouldn't mind another Southeastern route though, somewhere to give better use of the wonderful Class 465.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Yes! The 465 is my favorite. I would like to see turnaround services in the time tables in more places. Bakerloo have them, but its one of the few complete routes with 2 ends. Lots of other routes are cut short with only one terminus. If we could drive the 465 all the way to Victoria and back to Gillingham site track for instance and then do a return trip…. That would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Maybe the next big project for DTG should be the merging of routes that we already have or at least laying the groundwork on standalone sections in order that any future additions are already enabled with the feature from their launch. It seems to be a big wishlist item that would greatly improve immersion and playability.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct and linking GWML London Paddington to BML Needs NDL North Downs Line. BML to SEHS needs CML. For the link between SKA and Main Spessart Bahn it requires Haputstrecke Frankfurt Am Main Aschaffenburg via Hanau and Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main. However the Austrian overnight trains from Aachen to Innsbruck and Wien use Koblenz Köln and Frankfurt Am Main Koblenz lines instead of Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main then merge with Haputstrecke Frankfurt Am Main Aschaffenburg at Flughafen Frankfurt Am Main Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main station Then Main Spessart Bahn

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

i think this would be a great idea and would really help make rush hour better, i would even pay extra for it