Train Sim World 2 - Thursday Q&a - Ask Your Questions.

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

what made you want to have the season pass?
    Did the routes take longer than expected?
    For each of the members on the stream, which route are you most excited for and why?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Will the season pass include access to the base game or will new players have to buy the base game plus the rush hour season pass?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Also will you be able to buy the season pass all year, or only in august

• Like Like x 1
  5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 423 on HMA has a modified speed ball in the HUD which changes colour to help indicate better if the train is accelerating (blue) or decelerating (yellow). Has this feature been picked up for the Rush Hour HUD improvements?

• Like Like x 13
  6. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

How long does it usually take for the team to come up with the theme for the next big core update like rush hour?

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Will you consider doing more themed route bundles such as one for high speed routes? Either with existing routes or future routes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Will the PS5 version of TSW 2 require a separate download to the PS4 version already on my PS5?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question: Will the Rush Hour DLC/pack/season pass be permanently available, and can we expect it'll eventually also be discounted in future sales?

• Like Like x 1
  10. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Im playing on Xbox Series X so does my game automatically upgrade to Series X version from the older Xbox version or do I have to do something?

11. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

what route/routes will the Preserved collection team be working on next?

Also saw people complaining about Dresden being shave down a bit mind elaborating on why?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Whilst the ‘Reigate Branch’ is a nice bonus to the BML route (the more track the better), can it be confirmed what stations etc will be included. I’m not very familiar with the route/area.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question: While in a recent article you state you've increased the size of certain HUD elements and text based on player feedback, I've also seen several people commenting they'd prefer HUD elements to be even smaller than what is currently possible. What are you going to do with this feedback, and why aren't you giving us the choice to customize the interface to our desires?

Question: In a topic about the recent article on the subject of gradient profiles, several people commented that they'd prefer the gradient profile to be part of the HUD, rather than being available via the pause menu. While your article says you've made the choice in favor of immersion, several people commented they'd feel more immersed when the information would be in the HUD. What are you going to do with this feedback, and why aren't you giving us the choice to customize the interface to our desires?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So the passenger system will also be updated on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen, will we get PIS on the stations there to? Or will we have to wait until this route comes to the preserved collection team?

Will we be able to use other locos on Riesa-Dresden, e.g. the Br112, Br143, Br185.2, Br182 MRCE, etc. when we have got the add ons?

3. Where did the IC go on the list of locos which will be included on Riesa-Dresden?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

What is the break like in-between the routes?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Will SEHS benefit from the upgraded Unreal Engine and stuff in the update?

17. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

Since with the update, there will be "New support for TrackIR on PC" , is Raildriver support going to be available for all locos ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. LPgamerTV

LPgamerTV Active Member

Why is Riesa-Dresden shorter than originally planned? First there were 105km and now only 82km

• Like Like x 17
  19. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

From day one DTG has stated many times it'll be a day one release for all three routes plus upgrades with a set price. Why have you now changed your minds and can you understand why some people (myself included) will be upset by this? The new pricing structure is yet another insult to us as well.

• Like Like x 14
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

An important question. Such a pity this route is being slashed in size by 20%.

• Like Like x 16
  21. n3m3s1sl4w

n3m3s1sl4w New Member

Will this 'Season Ticket' be something like a monthly subscription or just as a way to purchase bundled routes instead of having to buy them individually?

• Like Like x 2
  22. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Markup?

23. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Will there be an optimisation update for older consoles?

• Like Like x 4
  24. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed what was the decision as to why we are losing 23km off of this route

• Like Like x 5
  25. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

What improvements do the scenario planner 2.0 and livery editor 2.0 have for us?

• Like Like x 4
  26. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Will the class 166 be layered onto BML, considering Reigate is well into north downs line territory?

• Like Like x 13
  27. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

1. Are you planning on continueing the passenger commuter type routes after RH, or will there be a variety of content?
    2. Are there chances we'll see new countries (or at least more of Switzerland and France) in the coming year, especially the Netherlands?
    3. Will we see new 3rd party developers over the coming year?
    4. Any new articles on Spirit of Steam?
    5. Have the S-bahn Branches on Riesa - Dresden been cut? Suddenly the Meißen and Dresden-Flughafen branches are no longer listed on the steam store page. This would really be a dissapointment.
    6. (Edited in later) Do you realise you dissapointed a large section of the community? How are you planning on regaining their trust?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  28. jolojonasgames

Yeah, weirdly the S-bahn branches to Meißen and Dresden-flughafen are no longer listed, while it was the idea of so many branches that made the route interesting to me :(.

• Like Like x 11
  29. EthanAfro

EthanAfro New Member

Will the London to Brighton route include a layered Class 166 from Great Western Express to use on the half hourly/ hourly Great Western Railway service between Gatwick Airport, Redhill and Reigate? I know its only short services but it would be nice

• Like Like x 11
  30. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Why the price increase?
    Why the staggered release?
    Why cutting out parts of Riesa Dresden?

• Like Like x 16
  31. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to gradient and speed graphs in PDF form for each route, in each direction?

Why are new players always offered a more favourable deal over existing players? namely:
    TSW2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition being £44.99 (6 routes included: Each route about £7.50)
    TSW 2: Rush Hour Season Ticket being £34.99 (3 routes included: Each route about £11.67)

• Like Like x 3
  32. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Could we get some clarification on the PS5 version? Is it a completely separate game requiring new save file starting (e.g I had Maneater for PS4, then the PS5 version came out which required a new install not just a patch. It also had it's own trophies etc and all progress reset)
    PS5 native games must be on the PS5 SSD, whereas PS4 games such as my current TSW2 installation are on my attached storage.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

How long will it take for the other two routes to be released after Boston to Providence? Weeks? Months? If the latter than I will be very upset.

Why do we always get told one thing and then later get told something else? I would be fine with the £35 price tag and the season ticket idea if it wasn't previously stated we would get all the routes on day 1 for £25.

Also we need a more accurate release window. Will it be August or September the first route will be released?

• Like Like x 11
  34. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Will Hove be included in Brighton Mainline? Will all stations on Brighton Mainline be used as I know some are only served by Thameslink services? What will the gap be between each release?

• Like Like x 1
  35. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

How is the state and future of the RailDriver implementation and will it utilize the shift-functionality coming with immersion control update?

• Like Like x 2
  36. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question: Shortly after the release of TSW2 you said the theme was "High Speed", and we've indeed seen a few high speed routes being released. Does Rush Hour mark the end of that High Speed theme, and if so, will there be a new theme as a focus for content after Rush Hour release?

• Like Like x 2
  37. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

i dont know how they work but that should be probably the route that is launched last. instead of bml

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hove isn’t on the BML, I believe it’s West Coastway.

39. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One question, important at least to me:

Why why WHY were the airport and Meissen lines cut from Riesa-Dresden??? You've just removed all that made that DLC potentially interesting.

• Like Like x 22
  40. jolojonasgames

Yes, without those branches it is 'just another modern German route'.....

• Like Like x 8
  41. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

On the same theme, what is happening with the Thameslink services, will they be in the timetable in case there is a future DLC or possibly with the 377 subbing in on those services?

• Like Like x 3
  42. Mikey_9835

Why not stick to the original plan but delay it to autumn? That should give you the time you need to polish the routes and make your fans happy.

• Like Like x 16
  43. jolojonasgames

Yes, DTG seems to think that delays are somehow more unpopular than slashing content.

• Like Like x 4
  44. Mikey_9835

Yeah exactly. It's a no brainer really, just look at how many games got delayed this year.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

So from all the branch lines for the S-Bahn on Dresden-Riesa, the route now got cut to NO S-Bahn at all? No more Meißen, no more airport trains? Followed by an increased price? I have a hard time understanding that.
    Why has the 363 also disappeared in the description on Steam?

• Like Like x 8
  46. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

Why has this news been so secret for so long about the season pass and now saying that the routes will come out separately that’s not exciting news at all.
    I’m not impressed it’s going to cost more to buy the routes separately to the cost of buying them on the season pass surely the pricing should be 34 divided by 3.
    I know routes cost 24.99 but to say £34 for season pass or buy the routes separately for £24.99 is unfair

• Like Like x 3
  47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Will the SE side of London Victoria have AI portal traffic, for those that own SEHS and the Class 465?

• Like Like x 13
  48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Bring the 2 branches back to have the 105 kilometer route for Dresden, or change the Release Date for this route to Fall.

• Like Like x 14
  49. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

What this article tells me is that development isn't going as well as planned, and DTG can release only one route for the Summer for sure. The other two are essentially delayed then, and may drift into the autumn. What was previously a DLC therefore is now called a "season" which definitely sounds better than delaying two routes. ;) The overall price is still reasonable, but since there are delays and so many updates planned at once, I will wait with the purchase and see how things work out:

- The base game, being updated to the new consoles, and whether it brings any game breaking bugs
    - The updated preserved routes, and whether they are buggy (RT memories)
    - The quality of the first Rush Hour route
    - The overall state of the game

Again, so much is planned at once that I'm wary of it all. I'm interested in Rush Hour but I don't wish to pre-purchase a "season" if the shipped content is glitchy. Knowing TSW 2's past history with bugs and glitches this will be a very dangerous step to take, but let's hope everything goes smoothly.

• Like Like x 9
  50. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

GT7, Resident Evil, Halo: Infinte and the list goes on.