PC Recording Gameplay

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PASTORIUS9000, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Hi all

I want to record my TSW gameplay but I notice the game really suffers when I have a recording program running. I use OBS, I recorded TS successfully also with that but with a GTX570 1Gb

My current specs are: i5-7400@3.00Ghz - GTX1060 3Gb - 8Gb RAM

Does anyone recognize this, do you have tips on how to maybe alter settings in OBS so that I don't have performance problems in TSW? Or are there other tips, anyone uses the same GPU as me? Are my specs not high enough? I notice that TSW uses my processor for a big amount.

My settings in TSW are currently: High and TAA and Vsync enabled. All the other settings like foliage, shadows etc are mostly maxed. I also changed the drawdistance to 50 in the WindowsNoEditor folder to get rid of the spawning of the sleepers in front of the train.

Any help would be really appreciated!

2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

If recording is your only goal, try NVidia ShadowPlay. It uses onboard video encoder of your GPU and thus performance hit is virtually nonexistent, even at 4K@60fps

• Like Like x 1
  3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

For OBS change your encoder to NVENC x264. This will release the strain from your CPU and have your GPU encode.
    My Specs are:
    CPU: i5 4670k
    GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    RAM: 20GB DDR3

You can copy my settings here if you want to:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Jef-F and MillerPC, thanks a lot! Going to try these things right now!

5. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Interesting, MillerPC, I copied these settings exactly. What I experience now is that the game runs notably smoother and is
    playable, but the footage OBS is recording is stuttering... Got to figure out what that is :P

6. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Try playing back the video you recorded from OBS. See if it's stuttering in the video. Also make sure you use Game Capture if you haven't already

• Like Like x 1
  7. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

I did watch it back, it's not watchable when I am actually driving. (Class 66 Dag Line scenario :P) I also tried to stream it to youtube via OBS, same result.

What I did not do is Game Capture, I had screen capture!

Will try right away!

8. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

What I notice now is that the game performs way better after using your settings, but the stream starts to suffer when the train takes up speed... Really puzzling. I streamed some TS2018 and thats way better. Might it be the capacity of my i5-7400 and GTX10603Gb or is there still a setting I am missing?

Still need to try that Nvidea Shadowplay Jef-F mentioned.

9. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Hm, odd. I doubt its the cpu because I have a lower tier cpu than you and it runs pretty well on ultra - custom settings. I'd say, make sure the process priority is above normal and another thing you can try is making sure your game is in full screen or windowed borderless. That could improve performance. If all fails, you can try using shadowplay, Shadowplay is guaranteed to work performance wise.

10. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Thanks a lot! Will try tonight :)