Cardiff And The Valley Lines Network

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by 143607, Jun 17, 2018.

1. 143607

143607 New Member

16345310621_d639edd7a0_k.jpg With the announcement of the south wales metro and the franchise takeover due to commence in October this year, it would be great to see the Cardiff and Valley lines network integrated into train simulator or TSW in it's current ATW state.

Seeing as we already have the trains available, classes 142/143/150 etc and with there now being cab ride footage of the whole network available from 225 studios; dovetail games please consider!

Routes would be:

Cardiff Central to Treherbert, Aberdare and Merthyr Tydfil via Pontypridd
    Cardiff Central to Bargoed and Rhymney via Caerphilly
    Radyr to Coryton via the City Line

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

I would love to see the South Wales valleys in Train Simulator. Living up towards Treherbert myself I would love to be able to have a go at going down to Cardiff via Pontypridd (I could attempt something never done before - arrive at Cardiff Queen Street on time lol). But with the amount of scenery along the way this could be a very scenic and therefore enjoyable route to drive on in Train Simulator if a lot of work was put into it. Like you said the trains are already available in the Arriva Trains Wales DMU DLC, AP 150/2 and some scenery is also available in the Bristol to Swansea DLC. Therefore it could be an extension to this route - however I'm not sure how well Train Simulator renders such large routes. I do think however that even if they didn't expand it to the valleys then a city line followed by a line to Bridgend via Barry would be nice to see.

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Good Idea for train simulator 2020 becouse of Arriva trains wales loosing the franchise and the route would have to be set on british rail days

4. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

the route would be great and the company would make more money