Aws And Dsd Sound Volume

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PASTORIUS9000, Jun 14, 2018.

1. PASTORIUS9000

PASTORIUS9000 New Member

Dear Train Simmers

Is there any way to lower the volume of the AWS sound in English routes?

2. SecksyShpee

SecksyShpee New Member

Unfortunately no (for all trains at once that is), however you are able to decrease the volume of those sounds if you can find the cab.proxyxml files for each train you want to lower the volume for, where the AWS files should have a volume variable between 0 and 1 where 0 is silent and 1 is maximum volume. Hope this helps

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hey SecksyShpee, I tried to adjust those files but couldn't get any volume change so Im not sure what Im doing wrong.. For the equally computer illiterate as ne out there try the following which works for me-

Navigate to
    C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Gameusersettings

Look for something similar to the list below:The values are adjusted to my preferences and as I drive the 166 on GWE a lot (which is very quiet) the settings below might be too loud, so adjust to taste.

SFSSound appears to adjust the volume of all buzzers etc. I have it at .8 as its bearable. The settings below provide rail clackety clack and a good overall ambient sound for me, with my headset. Your sound equipment might well require different tuning.

MasterSoundVolume=3.000000
    MusicSoundVolume=0.495763
    SFXSoundVolume=0.800000
    AmbienceSoundVolume=4.000000
    DialogueSoundVolume=1.000000
    ExternalAlertVolume=0.500000
    MenuSFXVolume=0.173729

IMPORTANT- do not then adjust the sound in game as it will reset to max 100%. 3.000000 is actually 300% and of course the sliders don't go that high...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
  4. SecksyShpee

SecksyShpee New Member

Ah, that's train sim world. It runs on UE4. I don't know how to edit that, sorry.
    I only know how to do sounds for ts2018

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Oops my bad. That would explain a few things my end!! Thanks for the heads up :)

6. hightower

hightower Guest

...and Train Sim World has a completely separate forum. This is the Train Simulator one FYI.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

The dangers of habitually using the 'new posts' button without checking the forum it pings you to.. sorry everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

No worries. You’ll find you’re generally more likely get a better response although you gave some good advice on this one! There’s plenty of useful info on the TSW forum, and over on the Steam forum if you can get past the incessant negativity.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018