Youtube Streams During Pandemic.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chieflongshin, Jul 21, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was just finishing watching Adam and Nats stream from last night and sat reflecting with a brew this morning. As I watched it it made me think about them in more detail. It’s a bit of a weird one but with a year of lockdowns it made me realise that before I never used to care or engage in these and now I scheduled time around them.

I remember watching my first few with Sam and Matt wondering who the angry guy was and the chap with the pink headset. I realised Sam was the chat bouncer but funny as hell. They’re now like two old friends I avoid the gym for, wondering how many questions I can get answered in a stream . It was all new to me watching a video and getting my questions answered live.

With the decline in having been able to go out swooning or the gym etc I realised that this actually brought a little company into my weeks of working at home alone and seeing my own aging carcass in the mirror. I then started watching more of the other streams, Adam with his energy drink addictions or supersized drinks and Nat learning the trains. It’s all been good viewing.

I think we’ve all been guilty of moaning about the game at times but the teams done a good job of building a community. I think with reflection they’ve probably helped a few people deal with isolation and/or difficult times as of late. So to close, it’s a thank you from me for the time you invest into these and I hope you get the recognition internally that viewers are probably there to see you as much as game. You’re likely giving a lot more than promotion to viewers.

Keep up the good work and I’ll carry on voting with my wallet

(Side note I’ll be back on the next streams asking if/when and how we can have more moving scenery to bring life to routes).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I agree, the streams have been great. At the start of the pandemic, I tuned in almost every night.

As time has gone on and the format has changed a bit, I haven’t watched so much. Much as I like Sam and Nat, I can’t get interested in the Livery Designer and Scenario designer. The challenges are my favourites and I rarely miss a Workshop Wednesday. I hope there will be more pub quizzes as well. So I’m adding my thanks to DTG for the entertainment. It maybe advertising your product but it’s also a good way to wind down at the end of the evening.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I now put them into my diary being as I have nothing else to do whilst the UK opens up properly

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Agree, they are part of my regular weekly viewing schedule.......I just have to make sure that I don't have the chat displayed...it annoys me for the most part

• Like Like x 1
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

From a wider perspective than TSW, I have watched more Youtube streams during the pandemic than ever before. From Hidden London Hangouts to Geoff Marshall and Glovestrains on the rail theme and the many musical artists that have recorded live streams.

6. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying a few walking streams. I've also been enjoying some of the daytime comedy streams on Twitch - Robbotron for example is great fun!