Train Sim World 2 - Thursday Q&a - Ask Your Questions.

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Will RailDriver support be coming to the 166 & HST during the RH update or later on?
    Whose decision was it to release the RH three routes for £25 and then for £35?
    Now that the three routes are available separately (which I was pleased with) why is the person who wants just one route being punished the most?
    Why is the Brighton route coming out last when it was promised all three routes together?

• Like Like x 5
  2. EthanAfro

EthanAfro New Member

When routes such as Bakerloo Line and East Coastway get the upgrade to Rush Hour, will these include more services during peak times as well as giving us the expanded timetable on Bakerloo line we have been wanting since TSW2 released?

• Like Like x 3
  3. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Will the 101 layer into the Riesa- Dresden timetable? If so, for how many services?

4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

What made you decide to give the routes TSW 1-like names instead of their actual names? (Such as the Northeast Corridor being renamed to Boston Sprinter)

• Like Like x 8
  5. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Each of these routes seems like a candidate to introduce additional content later by adding some much requested features:
    • Connection: Connecting to a theoretical Providence-New Haven DLC or Boston DLC with other MBTA lines.
    • Merging: Seamless combining of route and service mode with East Coastway at Brighton.
    • Expansion: Adding the two missing branches to Dresden.
    Has anything changed with the technological or business issues that made these three types of things impossible in the past?

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think this is very wishful thinking unfortunately. I’d love to be proven wrong.

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Will DTG introduce a On Screen Display Customization feature like other games have to customize (add or remove) features from the hud? The new gradiant profile thing is nice but having to pause the game to see it is immersion killing so would it be possible to have that be part of the hud if we want it to be?

Why does dtg keep making the same mistakes over and over again as in why does the company saying we want to do this but doesn't deliver?

Who decides the time frame in which a route can be worked on in x amount of time? It seems there are tight time constraints being put in.

Why were the new routes renamed? I personally perfered the older names of the route. London Commuter is to plain considering the fact that any tsw2 route that goes to London can be naned that. SEHS and GWE are routes that can be called London Commuter as well and Boston Sprinter is weird as well

• Like Like x 7
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, compared to the rest of the disaster that unfolded today it might be a minor issue, but the names are really bad. I prefer the old names by a lot, these sound like generic and bland mobile phone games to me.

Also, Boston Sprinter reminds me of a certain event at a Marathon in Boston a while ago... not clever naming a route after that.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

these new names to me seem to be expressing reduced content

• Like Like x 2
  10. tallboy7648

I don't get why would dtg name a Amtrak NEC Route Boston Sprinter considering the fact that the route goes to Providence, Rhode Island and the whole route in reality would go to Washington D.C Union Station. Would they call it Providence Sprinter as well. They shoud've just stuck to the original names

• Like Like x 1
  11. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Will the metroliner cab car come with Boston to providence

12. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

When is rush hour releasin

13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Im fairly certain it doesn’t and mainly because it doesn’t operate at Boston is the main reason I believe

the acs 64 does a turn around via a loop

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

15. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Do the locos have better sounds

16. Coastway trainspotter

The 377 sounds are likely to stay the same . The 387 sounds will hopefully have been altered a bit .

17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

In this video, you can hear that its the 377 sounds. However I don't know if this is from the actual 377 or 378.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

idea for FAQ and announcement I propose to add the subtitle

19. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Firstly I've been playing Train Sim World since day one so the news today for a staggered realese at a higher price is a very disappointing and a total cheek. Last year the TSW2 release was postponed by a few weeks because you weren't ready to realese it on the promised date. The Road map was introduced to help us see what's coming out when and yet again items have been delayed and like the Class 313 have been put back so many times it feels like it'll never arrive. Can you tell your customers why this keeps happening ? Also which route with the Rush Hour release will be released first and how long of a delay between the next routes being released ? Are we talking days , weeks or months ? I thought DTG were meant to be transparent but today you've changed the goal line yet again. As a loyal customer I'm disappointed today.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Coastway trainspotter

Sounds like the 377

21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It is, however the 387 sounds may not be ready yet so I'm sitting on the fence regarding this.

22. dantherailwayman85

dantherailwayman85 New Member

Do I have to wait for all 3 routes to be released if i want to buy the 3 routes as the £34.99 season ticket?

23. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Nope, we assume you can buy it at the very earliest when nec arrives, and for the rest of time after that according to nat

24. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Obviously they changed the name for BML to London Commuter as they are going to cut the route so it only goes to Gatwick.

But since it is the last route that will come out of the 3 they won't announce it until after the badly gutted Dresden route is released

25. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Hope not, on steam and faq it still says to Brighton/ south coast
    I don’t think dtg would dare to take that way
    They know it is up there as the most requested route ever

• Like Like x 4
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Technically, whilst I was quite happy with BML as presented to us, they can’t really call it BML as it isn’t the entire BML (with missing the London Bridge branch). I’m being pedantic now, but I’m frustrated at only ‘partial’ routes most of the time and having longer routes chopped down.

• Like Like x 5
  27. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Have a feeling this Q&A stream will be the best attended stream in quite some time

• Like Like x 9
  28. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

I SO HOPE NOT.......

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The moderators will likely be very busy blocking everyone asking the same question. It’ll be an interesting stream.

• Like Like x 6
  30. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Normal procedure then ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  31. jolojonasgames

And the reaction to what they say in the stream will be just as interesting as what they say in the stream. This is truly a mess, I wonder how they'll clean it up, though the community has made clear how they think it should be cleaned up.

Most of the very active forum members (definetely the ones I remember by name because of how active they are on the forums, and how much work they put into this community) have spoken out against the shortening of Riesa - Dresden, and the way it was announced and want to see Riesa - Dresden delayed so it can come with the promised branches.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  32. tallboy7648

For probably good and bad reasons lol

• Like Like x 2
  33. bakedpotatos.jm

No point in watching the stream tomorrow, I can give you the answer they will give everyone...The usual "If you don't like it don't buy it" answer.

Which is basically just a bully way to answer when you know you have everyone, at least on console, with no other options. 66% of their users they can say whatever too because they are going to still buy it. They have no choice.

• Like Like x 7
  34. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said. I think I'd much rather DTG delay all the Rush Hour routes to Autumn than have this staggered release rubbish. It really kills the hype.

Increasing the price is an especially bad move. I'd love a justification for this when we've been told for several weeks it would be £25.

Also can we please get a definitive release date for these routes? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for one at this point. Saying "Summer" is beginning to take the mick towards the end of July.

• Like Like x 8
  35. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Oh DTG what were you thinking?

If you had said nothing before and now just said “great news guys and gals, you are going to get 3 half price routes in rapid fire succession, have an awesome 50% discounted summer on us” we would very possibly be singing your praises but no….

I seriously feel for you but this is really bad PR

• Like Like x 12
  36. jolojonasgames

Well, even if we hadn't known that Riesa - Dresden was planned to have the branches, the route without them would still be boring and like all others. The most critical thing is getting those branches back in, even if it means further delays.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

If you purchase the pass for £34.99 you will own the three routes and can download the day they release. Example. Late aug purchase the pass, download NEC, maybe 2-4 weeks later… the German route comes out on the store. Simply click download and finally BML 2-4 weeks later again simply click download and you’ve got all content you paid for at the start.

you can’t purchase anything again buy accident as the store will know you have the pass already

Price hike aside it’s pretty good to get better upfront value if you are likely to buy even 2 of the 3 routes.

hope this helps more than someone telling you to read the article ;)

• Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Except that with at least two of the routes you're buying a pig in a poke. Pre release there's no way to tell whether they're worth buying.

A cynic might suspect that DTG are aware that Dresden and Brighton will be sub par and are using the bundle-and-staggered-release setup to generate pre-sales...........

• Like Like x 8
  39. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I see your point, was just trying to explain in a different manner to help :)

Similar to call of duty map drops no? First map.. oh nuke town yay woo etc… next three maps are duds.

hopefully they will give us some decent images or footage either on the streams in the coming weeks to help some that were on the fence that may have fallen off with today’s news… get back on the fence or even climb over :)

40. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

As others have said, Hove is technically not on BML but has sidings used by Gatwick Express 387s so I'd hope it would be included, but who knows.
    Regarding your Thameslink query, I've often wondered this too. I'm hoping DTG will implement Southern services, especially on the BML slow line via Redhill - even if not realistic, otherwise this part of the route will feel empty other than the confirmed Reigate service and possible GWR 166 layer?
    Personally, I'd like to see BML set around 2015. Back then Southern used 377s from Horsham to London Bridge stopping on all slow line stations on BML via Redhill (today this service pattern is operated by Thameslink to Peterborough for example).

• Like Like x 5
  41. cloudyskies21

I would say this has to be an absolute must to include, otherwise there would be a huge chunk of services missing.
    I see where you are coming from, but the majority of core Southern services to/from the South Coast on the BML are to Victoria. London Bridge would be an ideal choice for a future Southern metro services route (455 hopefully too).

• Like Like x 1
  42. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Why remove some of the branch lines in Bahnstecke Riesa Dresden and what branch lines are still there?

43. jolojonasgames

Just the one to Großenhain remains, which isn't that long or interesting (it's definetely worse than the other two no longer included branches).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

With the additional service layers on next gen console, will that be coming to bakerloo? Ie digging out the upgraded timetable?

• Like Like x 1
  45. cloudyskies21

My questions for the Q+A session regarding Brighton Mainline:

- Will Southern services operate in place for some routes/stations served mainly by Thameslink to avoid some areas like the slow lines via Redhill for example being emptier than in real life. I'd rather have this even if unrealistic for extra AI traffic.

- With all this talk of branches elsewhere, we have Reigate confirmed which is nice, but what about the two station branch (Plumpton and Cooksbridge) that diverge after Wivelsfield towards Lewes? If assumed this is not included, why leave out? Otherwise will be a permanently empty gap between BML and ECW - would be great for immersion to drive an Eastbourne service from Victoria towards Lewes (obviously requiring a route switch from BML to ECW to continue playing the service).

• Like Like x 5
  46. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

1) I swear if they do that-

2) If that happens these forums will literally explode.

3) I doubt it'll happen.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

will southeastern AI services exist on BML (375&465) as they both use Victoria too?
    will bml have freight services?

• Like Like x 3
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

I won't deny even with the price hike, staggered release and one route being cut down in size it is still a great value.

Just with the Dresden route cut back the pack it has lost it's lustre but still has value.

However instead of a day 1 purchase for me I will wait for the route streams before I decide to buy the pack.

I just think all the name changes are odd, and I'm afraid of getting other cuts announced after I buy the Season Ticket.

Especially the London Commuter name. They added the one branch but I can see them cutting back on the route somewhere else especially with Brighton no longer in the name. Why would it be any different than Dresden.

And yes I know currently on the FAQ's and steam it shows Brighton still, but the Dresden Route showed the branches and the £24.99 price up on the FAQ's right up to Tuesday as I was selling a friend on buying the game and showed him it.

So that proves that even if its on there its not guaranteed and that can change at anytime.

Next they will say sorry newer consoles will have to purchase a new copy we were wrong to say it will be free.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  49. bakedpotatos.jm

I really doubt it too. Just throwing coals on the fire. Mind you if it did I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

50. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

This was my fault. This colourful ball is a "Maik-Thing". DTG will not adapt it. I did that without asking them if this is ok or not. Fortunately they left it in the 423 at least. You may find it again on my own 3rd party DLCs (if nothing speaks against it on the side of DTG).

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 9