Train Sim World 2 - Thursday Q&a - Ask Your Questions.

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Are you still able to confirm if we're getting the full route between London Victoria and Brighton? The new route name is a bit worrying. And if so, will GX stock moves to Hove Yard be included?

Also any news on the HMA layers being added back in on XSX/PS5? Cheers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Larwan

Larwan Member

My Question for Thursday:
    What is the Reason for removel of the branch line on the Dresden Riesa Route?
    Why isn't it possible to delay / postpone this Route?
    I know that DTG don't like DLC for DLC in TSW. But is it possible because there are many in the Forum who like to have the branches to made a little branches Line DLC for 5-10€?
    Is there any Effect on the timetable on Dresden-Riesa Route?
    Can you Drive the S1 and S2 at all whichout the branches?

I hope you can answer that in the STream.
    Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 3
  3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Please extend the length of the US freight line!

4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Yes please confirm BML is not being cut in half

• Like Like x 5
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG already do dlc for dlc. Loco addons are dlc for dlc and Legends Of The Great Western is literally dlc for dlc for dlc. They seem to like doing that very much

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

And usually companies do it so that they can get an advance profit because they are running over cost. Which makes me wonder what the sales figures for HBL, GCC and Br 101 were.

GCC I figure did well but the other 2 had issues that may have been off putting no-cab car and wrong Dostos. Maybe they didn't do what was budgeted for in sales?

• Like Like x 1
  7. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Ah, that's disappointing. I really like it! I find the default grey ball, while not impossible, is harder to read unless it moves significantly.

Still, thanks for the response Maik! Really looking forward to your upcoming DLC :)

• Like Like x 6
  8. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Why are you not offering the season ticket for the originally intended £24.99 price tag of the Rush Hour bundle? It's exactly the same content with the only difference being the way in which we receive it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Not the same they have taken out 25km of the 2 branch lines in Dresden as well and are asking for more money.

• Like Like x 8
  10. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Yup, I was aware of that (along with the possibility of reduced layers for last gen consoles) but was focusing solely on the number of routes as opposed to the missing bits. Besides, there's still a couple of months to release so nobody knows what else might mysteriously disappear before September. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, due to technical limitations, it ended up been called 'Rush 30 minutes'.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Will there still be any s-Bahn services on BRD now that the 2 branches have been removed?

• Like Like x 1
  12. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Psychics in TSW2
    Is wind resistance included in the simulator.
    Think in many trains it not feeling so.
    Sand Patch Grade and trains rolling so easily in 60 mph

• Like Like x 1
  13. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Two questiosn about TrackIR and displayed route info:

Will the external cameras respond to TrackIR or is it automatically locked to only first person view in game (which would be my personal preference since controlling the outside view with mouse and keyboard is working really well)? Or will it be possible for the player to choose whether to have TrackIR as camera input in first person and/or external cameras?

With the focus on the information given to the driver about the route, which is very important and good you are constantly working to improve this, have you considered (I know you have talked about it earlier) to offer or give the manuals an appendix for each route with proper route info for each direction, much like danish TIB-S https://www.bane.dk/da/Jernbanevirk...-/media/14BB806215DD488497FC9EE47BC26B76.ashx
    (it takes five seconds to find this info for the entire State railway network online) or the similar German version (I forget the name, but you have mentioned it yourselves). Schematics with kilometage for signals and stops etc.

Adding gradient info would take some more effort to add ofc.

This I believe would be an absolute invaluable addition to the manuals and frankly could help getting the players a big step closer to the immersion part by having printed the info much like in the real world - I think the step you are taking with info about the line further ahead is right on, well done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the 423, but the way you describe it, this is a nice little quality of life improvement.

New question for DTG: Why aren't you using this nice little UI improvement for other trains?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Question : what is the ‘head out camera’ feature ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Thats easy...we used to have the option before immersion on the consoles of the view out the window- vital if driving 20's and presumably steam trains eventually.

Currently we dont have that option.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ve got a simple question or more rather a request. Can you confirm what content will ship with each route, including layers (this time for sure)? After the cuts to BRD, I wouldn‘t be surprised if new cuts to the NEC section are announced next week or if BRD loses even more content.

Also, why are we going back to arcade names for routes? I massively prefer real names.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Why were the branches on Riesa Dresden (which were confirmed and announced) cut off, but London to Brighton gets the Reigate Branch (which wasnt announced with the original RH Announcement)?

Is the shorter lenght of BRD due to technical difficulties or because of the planned release date, which could not be met otherwise?

• Like Like x 4
  19. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Locos however are a different kettle of fish. Trains go nowhere without their tracks.

Also Diesel Legends is not DLC > DLC > DLC, it's just DLC > DLC like any old loco DLC, as you only need Great Western Express. I don't know where you're seeing that one.

20. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

The only question I have for tonight's stream:
    Will the update to UE4.26 fix the dreadfull mess that is HMA on my PS4 ?

When this route came out I was mad that I didn't get all layers, but at least I was able to do services in both directions of the 1 layer that I did get. When doing a service heading into Munchen, it did have a high amount of stuttering, but I was able to finish the service.
    Since it came out, according to your statements, you have made several small core updates to improve performance and memory usage. I can tell you that performance has NOT improved. Quite the opposite in fact, it is much worse now. At this time I can only drive services departing from Munchen. I can no longer complete services heading into Munchen. When I try this, somewhere before I reach Munchen Pasing, the scenery just stops loading in and isn't rendered. I'm driving on a track in a grey void. A few seconds later I will almost always be stopped because of a PZB zwansbremsung, because I didn't acknowledge a track sing or signal that wasn't rendered and I therefore couldn't see. That results in a rage quit for me. Please please please tell me that you will finally fix this route. I paid the same price for it that PC users did. They have been able to enjoy all layers since launch. I can not enjoy even the one layer that you've given me.... This is unacceptable.

By the way, the 'many small improvements' have also had a negative effect on other routes as well. Pen Cor is also worse than it was 6 months ago. Back then there was some small stuttering in SF and around CEMOF. Currently the stuttering in these two places is much worse than it was 6 months ago. I realy hope this gets better with the new UE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

My questions would be:
    Now that Dresden - Riesa is cut down so massively, in which way is it any different to the existing german routes? What incentive would the customer have to buy it besides of two cities which are not yet represented in the game?
    What is actually new about this route and not another repeat of the existing gameplay german routes offered?

And: Do you have any plans to cut the other routes like that as well?

• Like Like x 6
  22. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

And is the stoughton branch still included with NEC? And if yes, why did that branch remain and was a branch added to BML, while removing content from the German route?

• Like Like x 2
  23. marcin#6506

marcin#6506 New Member

Hi,

why are we getting 3 !!! new routes for just 39.99€? I'm concerned about that the routes maybe aren't so much detailed as just one route for 29.99€. So is there in any way less detail in the new routes?
    I would love it, if Matt could explain it a little bit, because for me as an outstanding person it isn't reasonable. I don't buy it until my questions are answered.
    Sorry for my bad english and
    greetings from Berlin :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Does the removal of the branch lines on the Riesa Dresden route have anything to do with the old consoles not being able to cope with the level of traffic planned for that end of the route rather than it just being production time constraints?

• Like Like x 6
  25. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I will try a question on a more serious note:
    since the announcements made in the "all summer long" article have sparked discontent in the community, how do you plan on winning these individuals over and reinstate their trust in DTG?

• Like Like x 15
  26. Tom Fresco

A complete list of all the things included in Rush hour would be nice, carved in stone sounds a harsh but given recent events i'd like to have a guarantee what will certainly be in the pack

• Like Like x 4
  27. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Well, they’ll tell us we’re “being heard” and… yeah, that’s pretty much it.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

So the airport one is gone?

• Like Like x 1
  29. jolojonasgames

To be honest, Nat can't say more than that. She's not the one making the decisions, she is only trying to calm the community down, as she is the community manager, not the boss of TSW. I'm sure she's relaying our feedback, but I think that's all she can do.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Tom Fresco

Yes, sadly
    Not the First time the british made something disappear out of dresden ;) (irony off)

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. jolojonasgames

Yup, and with that nearly all of the S2 line, and thus all BR 143 services will be just between Dresden Hbf and Dresden - Neustadt (like 4 or 5 stops if I recall correctly).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Scotrail156467

That's unfortunate was looking forward to that one

• Like Like x 2
  33. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That is my biggest fear for todays stream, some statement like "We hear your feedback and we will see what we can do" - aka it will be as is, we will not do any changes (with regards to ADDING stuff that is of course). I really hope all these questions here will be answered, and I hope that DTG will also commit to things such as reinstating the branch lines on Dresden-Riesa. If that is not happening, anything along the lines of "we are looking into it" means DTG will not change anything, making me more inclined to spend my money elsewhere - which honestly, hurts me. I want to support DTG, I love TSW for what it could be, but so many good opportunities are missed and the consumer is laughed at, that even though I want to buy DLCs, I don't, because I do not want to support this. I have high hopes for the stream, please use your chances DTG!

• Like Like x 8
  34. Tom Fresco

Three. Take it or leave it ;)
    (D-Hbf, Mitte and Neustadt)
    Edit 4, there is also the Freiberger Straße between hbf and Mitte
    None(or never?)theless a S2 Service on BRD will be less than 10 mins, according to the real timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Multiplayer, Roles, and Ticket-System?

36. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Sorry if asked before, cba to scroll through four pages of text to find out.

How long will this season pass for all three routes be available? I don’t generally buy routes the second they release, so if I’m waiting a couple of months will I then be forced to pay £75 for the lot?

• Like Like x 1
  37. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

It has been stated by DTG the offer will continue to be available in the future.

38. Scotrail156467

Bring the branch lines back for the German route !

• Like Like x 5
  39. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Yer
    Sadly the second last dambuster died this week.

• Like Like x 3
  40. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I swear if they've cut back BML (the only route in Rush Hour I'd say I'm excited for) then I'll have lost all faith in DTG. And I had little to begin with.

The fact that they've cut back the Dresden route drastically, combined with it being possible they've done something to BML, it's honestly insulting that they want us to pay £10 more. They better have a good justification.

• Like Like x 5
  41. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

DTG will say the same two things they always say. 'We ran out of time' even though all the developers are currently working on Rush Hour and 'If you don't like it, don't buy it' which is also ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Will we have s bahn services if there is no branch lines?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Scotrail156467

The kick in the face would be pay extra for a dlc to get the extra branch lines for the German route

• Like Like x 2
  44. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

DTG My question is this. Will the core update and Rush Hour on the PS4 stop my Playstation fans from going totally nuts. This is the only game which does this on my Playstation 4 Pro. Since the last core major update a while ago it has got considerably worse. Thanks Russ

• Like Like x 2
  45. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

My main concern is the amount of questions in this section,once again another floored area as they won’t all get answered…what’s the point in even going on the live stream as for me my question doesn’t get answered there either yet another floored area…so with this in mind why bother complaining as their only gonna tell you what you need to know they’ll be aware your not happy but it won’t change a thing as they’ve made their mind up which way their going.
    I feel as if everyone and I mean everyone who played this game/sim moaned about pricing,removal of areas,changing of prices etc etc it won’t make the slightest difference because deep down we’re just the gamers at the end of the day and they have profits to make

• Like Like x 1
  46. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

The only people setting deadlines are themselves. I don't think anyone in this community would be anywhere near as upset as they are now if they just said they need more time to get these routes right.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

People seem to forget that more time = more money. These developers aren't working for free. If they need longer to create something, it's gonna cost more.

Postponing a release is pointless if they can't afford to allocate more budget.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Not if sales increase covers and more those costs

• Like Like x 2
  49. Scotrail156467

Probably not

• Like Like x 1
  50. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

I was wondering, how much of the Reigate Branch is being included with the Brighton Main Line Route? Thank You

• Like Like x 2