Dresden

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer, Jul 21, 2021.

?
  1. No need to delay (Lose Branches)

6.4%
  2. Delay Dresden ONLY (Add branches)

60.6%
  3. Delay Dresden & BML (Add Branches & London Bridge)

16.5%
  4. Delay all and make the release across Autumn just because it's easier (Add Branches & London Bridge)

16.5%
  1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

As we practically all know, the hours after the Article released today were...

Uh...

Chaotic.

Dovetail announced a change to the way Rush Hour was setup,
    it is now longer 3 routes for £25*

But now each Individual route for that price, and all three routes as they release (now staggered) for £35* in a "season pass"

Seems fair?

Well, sneakly it was also put out that Dresden lost 2 branches (-23km, 20% of the route).

No clear indication this was happening, almost as if it was hidden.

Now, there has been massive fallout over this. Not many people were concerned by the price itself, but the fact it is more money, less content.

So, what do I propose?
    Generally:
    Postpone release to buy Dresden some time. Judging by the rhetoric on the forums, not many people will be concerned. (NEC/BML could be released earlier)
    NEC: Boston - Providence:
    No change required as far as I'm concerned
    Riesa-Dresden:
    Use the additional time to bring the branches back, and get them to standard.
    Brighton Mainline: London Victoria - Brighton:
    No changes required if you ask me, but if time would allow, the extension to London Bridge would be quite nice to see.

My thoughts
    I think this decision is poor and quite daft.

Many people - including me - were only interested in Dresden due to its variety.
    Now it's just any other German Route.

Yeah, 5 trains is good and all, but a train goes nowhere without it's tracks.

Thanks for reading, and if DTG see this, have a think, eh?

Note: I decided to post in this forum rather than Off-Topic or Xbox discussion because this seems to have more traffic.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would have loved to see London Bridge on the BML route too. I’d have happily paid £40 for that single route had that been the case. Having parts of a route is so frustrating. It is supposed to be Train Sim World - not Train Sim Bits Of The World.

• Like Like x 9
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I voted to delay Dresden only and include the S-Bahn. Why not add London Bridge? Because it was never part of what was originally promised. The East German branches were.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I think London Bridge would only be worth it if it came with the 700 for Thameslink services that run on that line. It would be great to have more branches for BML, but at around 52 miles I think we're getting a pretty decent route already. The Reigate branch, whilst only being short, was a welcome addition for me.

• Like Like x 5
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yes. And those are important branches. Without them, the S-bahn services (which are the main focus) are very short and the entire route is just a plain A-B route like the 7 modern German ones we have already had.

Those branches are important in deciding the character and feel of the entire route.

So please, please delay as much is neccesary to get them in, the community wants it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

If they need to delay so be it, would rather have a finished route, up to standard rather than be rushed, unfinished or cut content.
    I'm only hoping for visible Southeastern services from Victoria!

• Like Like x 4
  7. trainsimplayer

I just added L. Bridge because I know a few people have asked for it over time. Just wanted to give an option.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I don’t think BML needs the LBB added , it is fine as it is

• Like Like x 4
  9. trainsimplayer

Never said it had to be;

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not sure a one price fits all DLC model is working. If £24.99 only buys 3-months development time (for example), why not charge more when a route needs (and frankly deserves) more development time. I’d be willing to pay more if the route delivered more. As I’ve said previously, I would have happily paid £40 for BML if it included London Bridge (essentially the missing bit on BML that would complete the route). Having a flexible price must surely allow for more flexibility in development.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  11. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, a higher price for three routes still seems fair to me. Flexible pricing could allow for certain routes to feel more complete. The main issue still is that the branches have been removed from BRD.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

There is no need to postpone the opening of the Dresden route. If they see such a strong demand for segmentation, they may add it in future updates and still believe that they will consider the best results.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Considering there is no precedent of a route being extended since release and whenever the topic is raised, they openly state it is something they do not wish to do due to not making "DLC for DLC" ... the chances of this happening are less than zero.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I voted for delaying Riesa-Dresden the 2nd former East German route because it needs to include 1970-1973 electrification to Meißen S1 line and the newer S2 Line to Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche opened in 2001. In order to make Riesa-Dresden the longest route in TSW2 at 105 km 65 mi. Otherwise clinchfield railroad will still retain as the longest route in train simulator world 2 due to it having 101 kms 63 mi.

• Like Like x 1
  15. trainsimplayer

Not going to happen. It's delay or bust.

• Helpful Helpful x 1