Train Sim World 2 - Thursday Q&a - Ask Your Questions.

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And having less content as well

• Like Like x 3
  2. tallboy7648

Dlc for dlc is still the same thing. You cant spin it like it's not the same

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Yes, some 8 (S2) and ~20 min ones (S1)
    At least i Hope so

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Here's a console based question:

Will the next-gen version of TSW2 have a separate set of achievements/trophies than the version on the base consoles? I've noticed that some PS5 titles have a separate trophy set to their PS4 versions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

probably just off to Reigate

6. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

That's a shame if it's just to Reigate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

8 and 20 minutes is not a lot. I really wanted those branches...

8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I never said it wasn't but it's a different scenario.

Unlike an extension - which could easily be released seperate and then merged - locos need a route first.

And other than that I simply corrected your mistake about DLGW

9. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

Just an extra to the Brighton Main Line, there are quite a few full Branches off that could of been included.

Purley to Caterham and Purley to Tattenham Corner. For example.

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

Apparently it's 2 miles with 1 station

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

It's not a different scenario. Dlc for dlc is the same concept for any additional content for said dlc wheather that be a new train or extension. Also to get full use our of dlgw, you need to buy dlc for dlc for dlc so I wasn't wrong on that either

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer

No. Read what I'm saying.

Route extensions would be DLC > DLC by choice. As they could be seperate then merged.

Locos need to be DLC > DLC.

I ain't denying that extensions (if they used the option we are discussing) would be DLC > DLC.

Also I'm curious as to why you think DLGW is a 3rd layer of DLC? It's only Two.

14. tallboy7648

To get FULL use out of dlgw, you would have to own Northern Trans Pennine, the heavy freight pack as well

• Like Like x 2
  15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Just to Reigate

• Like Like x 1
  16. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand what you are saying. A self expressed lover of German content (yourself), thinks that German content is "boring" and "like all others" just because it is A-B? As a lover of UK content Southeastern High Speed and London-Brighton are also "just" A-B and missing branches but they are still great routes. You shouldn't need the branches to make it exciting. Sure they are nice to have but not a "must have". Maybe this at least puts an end to the debate of which countries have the most interesting railways if A-B German routes are so terrible.

• Like Like x 4
  17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I'm just a bit miffed that they worded the announcement in such a way that it sounded like they were doing us a favour by making the bundle £10 more expensive when in reality that really wasn't the case. I've been a gamer since the late 70's and even though I've witnessed some very shady practices in that time I don't ever recall anyone publicly backtracking on a proposed release by splitting it into smaller pieces - and as you correctly pointed out removed key gameplay elements - in order to make a few extra pounds... It beggars belief.

Although I'm optimistic for a pricing reversal, sadly I don't think the branches will ever see the light of day because Naster has kind of implied that for some reason or other it's beyond the capabilities of DTG. Maybe they should have had a go at creating a multi-branch route before proclaiming it's imminent arrival.

• Like Like x 4
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A question about the new immersion controls. With the internal cab cameras being accessible again from the controller, the camera on those internal views needs to be freed up for full movement to make the camera views useful, or a cursor mode added to the new controller setup. At present in many cabs the cameras are fixed or only move side to side and no buttons or switches can be accessed in those views due to the cursor being fixed in the centre of the view on console. Can the internal cameras that are currently fixed be freed up to pan around or can we have a cursor mode to allow buttons etc to be accessed for the fixed camera views?

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainsimplayer

Right, but that's just an addition if you feel like it.

And that's not DLC > DLC > DLC, that's two loco bundles (one including a timetable) providing a (one-way) re-use of content.

20. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Now that rush hour is split into 3 releases ehat happends to the preserved collection routes will they be a staggered release as well or will they all be avaible once the update and 1st route r released, as the day 1 promise dosent seem to fit the current schedule

• Like Like x 3
  21. trainsimplayer

The day 1 release of the core updates, as well as Pres. Collection will be Day one (with NEC)

22. jolojonasgames

Well that kind of is the issue. It's not just about it being A - B, it's more than that. Like all others it's a multi track electrified route. Like most others it has one max speed that stays the same for most of the route. Like all others it's set in the past 10 years. It has the same rolling stock as we already have with the current German routes.

Now each German route has something that sets it apart from just those issues I mentioned above. On HHL it's the full length services and interesting timetable, on RSN it's the freight focus with many speed limit changes, on MSB it's the gradients and banking engines, on HRR and RRO it's the split lines.

However, this route doesn't really offer that much, it has split lines, but will be the 3rd to do so, not really unique. It's 160 km/h section is a lot like HRR's fast track.

Now not everything is lost. Riesa - Dresden will still have HL signals, and it's timetable might still save it somewhat (though with such short S-bahn services that will be difficult), so it might not be terrible. However, the branches were really what got me and many others interested, with being able to change ends on them (something I liked about the HHL timetable) and the airport station bringing home the Rush Hour feeling. And for me there's a lot of dissapointment in that. It's not that I dislike the A-B routes, but I have 7 of them already, so the route loses a major selling point to me.

I'll see whether I'll buy it (I'm still very interested in NEC and BML, so who knows, I might get the bundle after all, depends on how much free time I have to kill), the route for me has lost the chance to be a flagship for this game that shows TS players TSW might be worth getting into.

I would really prefer BRD to be delayed and I want it to realise it's full potential! I love TSW for what it can be, and I really hope it will improve rather than stagnate at this level.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

The core update which will include the preserved collection will come out with the Boston to Providence route as I think it's going to be the first route to release.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Does the increased draw distance and shadow detail apply to pc too?

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The PC already has them.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I mean even more than currently.

• Like Like x 3
  27. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Its still pathetically poor.

• Like Like x 6
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Excellent question.

• Like Like x 6
  29. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Question for the stream about the new controls: How will console players be able to take railfan shots, when the new shift button will be the same button that is used for taking railfan shots? (Square button on Ps and X button on Xbox)

• Like Like x 3
  30. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The simple fact that it's not the price, or staggered release thats really an issue.

It is the fact we have been told if its not in writing it's not happening over and over.

Well this was in writing both the price and details of the branches in Dresden on the official DTG Rush Hour FAQ for over 2 months.

So the thing that upsets me is that it turns that even if something is in writing (and I'm not talking Road Map as we all have been told those can change) on an official promo page run by DTG it can change at any moment. Plus articles promoting the diversity of services from the branch lines to create a fun and new experience on TSW. It all means nothing.

So if something in writing can just be changed whats to say when I purchase this Season Ticket and the 1st route gets released they don't announce other changes after I'm locked in?

Sorry we decided to cut the parallel high speed line from the Dresden route.

Why have they added a turnaround branch at Redhill and changed the name to "London Commuter" ? Could it be that after NEC gets released they are going to say we have run out of time so we are going to cut out Gatwick to Brighton? Are they getting ready to implement this as backup plan because it is not going as well as they hoped?

What can we trust and why would I prepay for routes that I don't know if the write up or details I've been given are being taken away after my purchase. What guarantees are there.

It like they have a Ferrari in the show room and are advertising it for sale, but upon closer look it's really a Toyota MR2 in a Ferrari kit. Oh and the price just went up too..would you still buy it?

• Like Like x 12
  31. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

When can existing players expect to be permitted the privilege of actually playing the latest version of the game that's initially being locked away on EGS?

• Like Like x 4
  32. jolojonasgames

And how do you justify a price increase for RH, while new players can get the base game (also with three routes) for free via the EGS?

I'm not saying 40 euros for three routes isn't a bargain, but you have to think about how all the actions this week impact your existing playerbase.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Didn't know that, but it is a great addition, really appreciate it.

So for todays stream, which covers immersion, can we please have this improved accelerometer (with two colours) for all DLC? Even better, drop the ball and replace it by a straight line.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Does DTG not believe in quality over quantity? So many routes have been released in a state where just a bit more work would have worked wonders to raise the bar. Delays aren’t unwelcome or uncommon in this industry.

• Like Like x 9
  35. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

This is a excellent question and one I would very much would like to see an answer to as well.

36. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

PS5 and Xbox Series consoles- will the textures also be upgraded to a higher resolution?
    Some of the last gen console textures are very low res (especially in the cab) and look awful on the new consoles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Ist das der Todesstoß für jeglichen Multiplayer?
    Epic ist noch nie für Multiplayer bekannt gewesen. Ruhe in Frieden, RIP

Is that the death knell for any multiplayer? Epic has never been known for multiplayer. Rest in peace, RIP

38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That is true of absolutely every route with layers. One doesn't get "full use" (in your term) of HMA either without also owning several other German routes.

DLGW's content runs just fine on GWE. Additional content, you have to buy separately. Duh.

• Like Like x 2
  39. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

epic help DTG?

40. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

There wouldn’t be much point in including any more of it, unless they plan on doing the entirety of the north downs line

• Like Like x 2
  41. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I don’t understand this statement… I have played multiplayer games on epic, and they also have cross-platform multiplayer games.

42. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

DTG Question: Do you think it's time to bring your staff back into the office instead of working from home. It would seem "This Morning", "Homes under the hammer" and "Tenable" are too much of a distraction

• Like Like x 3
  43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Given the significant issue there are now already with releasing updates, how much harder will it if the Epic Game Store is added as a new platform, with a different organization? What do you to to avoid complete chaos and still fix the many issues with existing content? I had a lot of trust in DTG despite all mistakes and broken promises, but I am loosing my confidence with these new stunts.

• Like Like x 3
  44. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

What routes are on Deluxe edition included?

45. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the reason is why it got removed, but I really hope that it's a mistake or that it will be added later, because for me that's the best part on the route, but they also said something that there is a high speed section, how fast can the trains go on there?

• Like Like x 3
  46. jolojonasgames

The max speed on the 'high speed' section is 160 km/h as far as I know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This "fault" is the best accelerometer in the game now. A simple upgrade made the thing a whole lot more useful. So don't apologise. Accept our thanks :D

• Like Like x 5
  48. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Sorry Jannerdunk just copied your quote over from another reply:

But I think this is an important question for future releases. I don't want to have the possibility to miss out on any future releases or need to wait because of some exclusivity agreement for one or the other?

It is understandable for the kickoff release of TSW2 but for future releases I wouldn't be to happy with it...

• Like Like x 2
  49. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

DTG can you guarantee that the other 2 routes will be coming out as planned and not shortened like the Riesa- Dresden route has been now and how long do we need to wait between each route being released ?

• Like Like x 4
  50. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I have to confess I wasn't that bothered about RH and the three routes even less. I wanted the 313 but I'm pissing in the wind with that, I didn't bother with Cathcart either and I only buy British routes.

Then they announced all 3 routes for £24.99 and as I am interested in the Brighton route I thought I could purchase that and delete the other two routes but then they upped the price to £35! Don't get me wrong, I was pleased that they were offering separate routes but a bit miffed Brighton was the last one.

What got me is what DTG are doing to the German route, cutting it like that. It doesn't affect me but we are a community and doing that seems a bit low especially with the price hike. One minute we are getting three full routes with branches for £24.99 the next we are getting a cut down version for £10 more, it is not just the cost but principle too.

We heard from previous streams how much of a 'breeze' converting to the new version of the engine and the whole team have been working on RH for months now but they are struggling now with their own deadline? Haven't a lot of staff been on holiday? Wouldn't it had been better to wait untill after release?

I have a fix for you, concentrate on the Brighton route and release that first or with the US route too if ready then delay the German route slightly and include the Branch line you cut and everyone will be happy again, I would lower the price to what you said the first time but that's me.

QUESTION for the stream: RD support for the 166 and HST when? Date for release of RH, when? Saying summer is not good enough, I don't expect an exact date but something like mid August would be nice.

• Like Like x 7