U.s. Commuter Rail (septa Regional Rail)!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by InvincibleSnowman, Jul 22, 2021.

?
  1. Meh

23.1%
  2. Yup

76.9%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. InvincibleSnowman

InvincibleSnowman New Member

Hello,
    Since there aren’t many U.S. passenger routes in the game, I decided to post a suggestion. Since SEPTA is not very popular amongst this train sim community I also thought it would be cool to suggest this. The SEPTA Regional Rail system is a commuter rail network owned by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority and serving the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. The system has 13 branches and more than 150 active stations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, its suburbs and satellite towns and cities. I suggest to include the Chestnut Hill East/Trenton Line, Chestnut Hill West line/Fox Chase line, and the West Trenton and Warminster Line for a variety of routes to have. I also suggest to add all trains used actively on the SEPTA Regional rail lines which is the Silverliner IV and Silverliner V trains (and Siemens ACS-64 electric locomotives ONLY for express and rush-hour service). I think announcements would be more immersive with theses routes (Silverliner IV and ACS—64 has announcements only done by conductors and Silverliner V has automated announcements and announcements by the conductors). I think this would be a cool addition to the game and I hope my suggestion is considered for the next US passenger route for the game! (Also some suggestions for scenarios could start at places like Wayne Junction and 30th Street Station)
    Silverliner 4:

Silverliner 5:
    upload_2021-7-21_23-48-41.jpeg
    ACS-64:
    upload_2021-7-21_23-51-6.jpeg
    Rail Map:
    upload_2021-7-21_23-55-59.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Add the option of ‘no’ for anyone who wants to use it

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If DTG or Skyhook Games has the SEPTA license your ACS-64 901-915 is simply a reskin of Boston Providence ACS-64 600-670. Even more Comet IIs-IVs 2000-2500s are a reskinned NJ Transit Comet II-IVs. The main explanation for this is that some commuter rail operators in the United States piggyback on another commuter rail order. Example is Denver RTD piggyback on SEPTA Silverliner Vs if I am not mistaken without the low platform steps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I can't say if SEPTA is unpopular or not, I only know that DTG does not have the license for SEPTA equipment (which would've been nice for the NYC to Philly NEC). I don't know if it wasn't pursued or if SEPTA refused to give them permission.