Can Old Standard Routes Be Loaded Into Ts2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patrick.wadsworth, Jul 23, 2021.

1. patrick.wadsworth

patrick.wadsworth New Member

I have TS2021. I am interested in the Somerset and Dorset route. In the description it says that this route was part of TS2012. I found a copy of TS2012 in a local charity shop for less than the DLC and I wondered if it is possible to load the route from that edition into my current installation?

2. mike370

mike370 Active Member

Hi Patrick. Yes all the older official DLC routes will in theory work fine with TS2021.

Buying the older annual releases of the game can be a great way of cheaply adding to your game's DLC collection. However, do be careful when buying old physical copies of the game. Unless the game is being sold as new (& is an unopened box), chances are a second hand game in charity shop will have been previously used & hence the game already activated on Steam. The games can only be activated once, and the licence cannot be transferred. All versions of TS dating back to (& including) TS2012 have required activation of the included box code via Steam during installation. If you're lucky enough to have found an unused 'new' box of TS2012 you should be good to go - otherwise I'm afraid you'll be wasting your money. Wishing you luck!

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

One of the best things about TS20xx is the backwards compatibility of the add-ons

The older ones might not have the same amount of detail but they still work
    And if wish to drive your newest train over your oldest route that is not a problem

For the Somerset and Dorset route it is normally £5.99 on Steam but has been as low as £1.79
    If you don't wish to pay full price wait for the next Sale
    https://isthereanydeal.com/game/trainsimulatorsomersetdorsetrailway/info/

Peter

4. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Active Member

You can actually get the Somerset & Dorset from the DTG store for £2.39 at the moment https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/product/262117/somerset-dorset-railway-route-add-on

5. patrick.wadsworth

patrick.wadsworth New Member