Another Thread About Dresden Riesa ;)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Jul 23, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

So here it is, another Thread about Dresden-Riesa. But not in a way you would think.

You know, I am a local to this route. And I am a railfan. And I am kind of weird. Also I have epilepsy, so I will never have the chance to drive a train in real life. So what will I do about that?

When Dresden-Riesa releases, I am taking a laptop with TSW and the route, enter a train going from Dresden to Riesa in real life and then I am going to play the route with the same train. So I am riding the train in real life while I am driving it virtually. Yes, I am so gonna do that. And you know why?

But why do I create a thread for it? Because I like trains. I am a railfan. Besides all the criticism about the branches etc. I am looking forward to this route. I can only speak for myself but I really wish we would remember more often what passion lets us gather here: The passion for trains. And in a lot of discussion I get the feeling that we forget about that.

But hey, why didnt you do that with the same route on TS Classic?

Because at that time I wanted to buy that addon, DTG announced that route for TSW.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
  2. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Well said. I would love to be on a train and drive the same route on TSW2!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Granted it might now take a little less time to get through all the tracks :D

But yeah, passion for trains is important... and very likely the cause of all this. We saw potential in BRD and I for example am mostly sad it won't be so stellar as it could've been.

• Like Like x 3
  4. doublefine7

Yeah. Especially to the S2 to Dresden Airport I do have a special connection with. For almost 3 years I took the S2 to Dresden-Grenzstraße weekly, almost daily, to get to practise with my (now Ex-)Band and boy, we had so many discussions over music and life in general on our way back from Dresden-Grenzstraße to Dresden-Mitte. And I never forget when I watched the BR 143 doing their daily business. On that line my love to the 143 started to grow and yeah, a lot of my train enthusiasm being is settled on the line there so I hurts me, but in the end this is "just" a game. A virtual recreation to play with. Still wont replace standing right next to a BR 143 and listening to its sounds in real life.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I remember when 143s were the main locos on S1 many years ago. They had a bit of hard time when extra cars were added during summer, but always got the job done. :D Once got to take such train all the way to Meißen for Christmas markets. Then there was a brief Br182 period (from 120km/h loco to 230, what a jump :D) and after than 146s that are there to this day.

• Like Like x 2
  6. doublefine7

I also remember a short period where Talent 2s ran as replacements on the S2. Boy do I hated them :D They are just not as comfortable as the DoStos. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Agreed. There was nothing more heartwarming than finding RE50 running a replacement Dostos instead of Talent 2s :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. doublefine7

A few days ago I actually saw a 143 with Dostos running the RE 50 at Dresden Mitte. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Great thread and a great message. Whenever I get a bit down with something in TSW, I find the best thing to do is to stop thinking about it, stop reading about it, stop writing about it, and just load it up and play it. I enjoy it, warts and all, because it’s what I want to do. There are disappointments along the way, we all know that, but there are many more positives than negatives if you allow yourself to see them. There’ll be less enjoyment from this route but there will still be enjoyment there and I totally get why so many people are upset but I am still looking forward to it too. doublefine7 you get top prize for posts about this situation. I don’t want to diminish anyone else’s posts about their disappointment because those are important too but this is the way I try to think of TSW when something like this comes along, despite being disappointed myself too.

• Like Like x 8
  10. doublefine7

Allow yourself to be disappointed, that makes the positive things more enjoyable. And I personally think, despite all the legit criticism, it is worth to spend more lifetime on enjoying than nagging on your passion.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Well put. I don‘t get to play much right now because of real life issues, but that‘s also forced me to take a step back and not think about it anymore. It‘s amazing how different everything can look with a fresh pair of eyes. I‘m still bummed, of course, but a lot calmer now.

Absolutely. Thank you doublefine7 for spreading some positivity. We can all use it right now :)
    And the idea of driving the route while riding on it in real life is brilliant!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I agree
    Now when covids over I’m going to take the Brighton mainline and play it.
    Now how do I get my Xbox and tv on the train

• Like Like x 3