Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by damianchilds, Jul 22, 2021.

1. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

So if someone gets the game for free woth epic games then they get the game in a better version than the people that pay. It feels unfair that we get the game worse although we pay your guys pay checks. However i do understand that exploring the game industry is a brilliant idea but I think that you as developers should look at this approach differently. This is because form a non epic games console persons review of what’s happening it feels unfair that pc get things better which is fair enough but then epic games getting it better than everyone? Really? Please read this and rethink what your doing business wise!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

They arrnt getting a better version, they are essentially getting a BETA version of what we will all get

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

I think it’s a completely stupid decision for them to make, the only people that are going to download it off of there are people that just want to get it for free and had no interest in trains before that.... also this is yet another example of DTG Screwing over the loyal buyers by yet again favouring another platform instead of treating everyone equally. DTG, Train sim world 2 is just not that kind of game, only rail fans truly understand it, this sim will never get to the mainstream... not if you continue this way anyway.

okay I have just watched the stream, turns out they aren’t getting rush hour before us, but just tsw2 with a different UI and that... but they’re still getting a free game which the rest of us paid for, and yeah it’s all well and good that DTG is getting money and promotion from the deal, but I think it does kind of alienate some of us a bit, and especially us Xbox lot that just got the first sale in what feels like 100 years.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Completely agree

• Like Like x 1
  5. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Yes but what I’m trying to put across is that WE are paying for what THEY will get

• Like Like x 1
  6. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Because technically what we buy n tsw2 is all going towards pay checks and stuff. Which means that more money=more people=epic people get everything that we have to wait for for free

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ask yourself one question. What are you missing out on by someone else getting last year’s release for free now? The only answer to that question is nothing. It doesn’t affect you. They are getting some upgraded features before existing players and again, existing players are not missing out on anything there either. Existing players are getting the upgrade for free too, just not yet.

It’s a promotional deal for one week to get new players for the game, after that it’s full price. Some players who get it for free will start buying DLC, which leads to more income for DTG, which helps the overall development of the game for everyone. It’s not a bad deal for any existing customer.

And you are not paying for what anyone else gets, you can only pay for what you get. Epic might be paying for some players to get TSW2 for free as part of a push to get more people on to their platform but DTG are not losing out and neither are you.

• Like Like x 9
  8. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Very well said.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

Sam said on stream that Epic has paid them some money for it already, in relation to the guy who replied to me, you can too grab the epic version for free and try the new features too, which is what i will be doing

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You sure about that?

We have just learned that Riesa-Dresden has been hacked down to worthlessness because there "wasn't enough developer time" to do it properly. Perhaps because the needed developers were in fact building the Epic port instead of working on Riesa-Dresden.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Route builders aren't the same developers as those who prep the core for a store release.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s not the context in which my reply was given, nor was it the argument the OP was making. Besides, I don’t think the route builders do the technical stuff to package a release for a particular game platform, that’ll be totally different people. The Epic thing has nothing to do with DTG overpromising far too early in the dev process of the route and finding out later that they can’t deliver. It’s an entirely separate issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

EPIC IS UE4 VERY GOOD EPIC HELP DTG

14. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

So now I think about it. It does seem unfair still that they get the new menu and stuff that was shown last night. But at the same time it is a good thing that they (dtg) have got some more cash from epic which is ok I guess. I’m really not sure what to think of this tbh because it feels unfair still that we as local buyers are basically getting ever so slightly less stuff than what they are getting. I had a thought that imagine that it could be worse. Epic could have a whole set of routes for free that we wouldn’t be able to buy. That would just be a money grab. But now o think about the current situation it feels like a good idea for DTG as a whole but not for the local player base.

• Like Like x 1
  15. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

True but also I see it as unfair that they pay nothing and get the new stuff before we do. It almost seems reverse of what it should be. It feels like we should get it first then they do but nooooo it’s the other way round. Read last reply and you’ll understand how I feel now

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You’re still looking at it the wrong way. You’ll get the new stuff and pay nothing too. Them getting it earlier is just circumstance and to them it’s not an upgrade because they never had the game before. Some people who have it already on Steam might also get it on Epic to see the new stuff earlier but there really isn’t any point as it’s only on three old routes until everyone gets it alongside Rush Hour. It’s basically a new selection screen and a couple of extra improvements and features, that everyone else won’t have for a couple of weeks. It’s really not worth getting jealous because that’s all it is, being jealous that someone else is getting something first. Them paying nothing is irrelevant to the argument because you will be paying nothing for the same thing. What they get that others have paid for is three routes that you are probably bored of already, last year’s base routes. The base game comes up in sales all the time so they aren’t saving much by getting it free. As soon as they buy one DLC, they become one of us, a loyal paying customer.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

If more people get into the game as it's free on the Epic store, then that's a good thing surely.

It means more development and more content. A rising tide floats all boats.

• Like Like x 3
  18. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I've spent nearly £200 on the game & DLC for my PS4 (Don't tell the wife!!), I've just got the free version for my new laptop which was very handy to see if it works or not, thanks DTG & Epic!

• Like Like x 1
  19. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There could be a bright side to those getting it frist before paying costumers,dtg big game updates infact almost any tsw2 update tends to brake about as much of the game as it does fix anything,so let epic get it before us and experience any of the problems before we do.Why should paying costumers be the only ones to always suffer.