For Rivet Games - 150/2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ghawk2005, Jul 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I have been out doing some real life data recordings in different units and thought I’d upload some acceleration and braking videos that were recorded on almost level ground …. Mostly anyway. Around Exeter, Dawlish etc.

These things are slow, loud and fabulous.

I will find a way to link those videos later I know Rivet will have to do shed loads more research than watch a few videos on how the trains perform, but it’s a good ‘real life’ example I guess.

Features / Characteristics the unit MUST have if it is to be worthy of purchase…

-> 2 second delay from engine revving up to starting to move. (To allow fluid to fill torque converter I believe)

-> Gear change over speed - 45mph

-> Brake rub sounds, LOUD

-> Bogie / Train run sounds, LOUD

-> Driver viewpoint height on seat NOT TOO LOW, They sit quite high up in the cab. A lot of the TSW2 cab heights feel low. Exception being the 465. This is about right.

Obviously this is additional to the usual amazing graphics and features etc. Just a few things that may have been forgotten about. Rivet has created some amazing stuff so I have every faith in their future work.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

3. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

Very helpful for everyone not just rivet, thakns

• Like Like x 1
  4. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Didn't the 2's move to disc brakes which would be considerably quieter than block brakes on 150/1's?

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just so long as they avoid the arcade physics of the TS sprinters, where intermediate throttle positions simply acted as a speed cap, to the point of actually slowing you down if descending a gradient!

• Like Like x 2