My Rush Hour Protest

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 21, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, of course.

85 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Absolutely not.

53 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Maybe.

77 vote(s)
    35.8%
  1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

How can that be a promise to add the branches into the game when all they say is "about the variety of the branches". That is not a promise in saying its coming to TSW. Sorry. My take of what will be included with the TSW version of Riesa - Dresden is exactly what was in the TS version of it.
    Just out of curiosity who has the Dresden Riesa route for Train Sim?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  2. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I think most of us are 99.9% sure that you will buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. antony.henley

Yeah and some of the no's could become yes or maybe's.

At the end of the day Its yours and everybody elses choice on whether to buy or be a drama queen about it. I personally do not see a problem in what they have done. I have too much stress and crap in my life to be bothered over what really is at the end of the day a computer game!

Hentis

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

“Our routes will be released one at a time, to allow us the time to make sure they are as good as they can be”

It’s a shame this philosophy has never been used before, all routes have been rushed out, why should we believe these will be any different even one at a time?

• Like Like x 4
  5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Let people buy what they want,if they want to pay more and get less then thats there business.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I can categorically say now that if the Riesa-Dresden route is slashed in length on release, I will not buy it - ever. I will also categorically say that I’ll only buy Boston-Providence and BML when they are suitably discounted. This is my protest and I’ve carried that protest out before. I used to buy every DLC on day one. I didn’t buy Clinchfield or Lübeck on Day 1 and I only bought them at a discounted rate. I’ve also not bought Arosa Line after saying I wouldn’t (even if discounted).

• Like Like x 5
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s entirely up to you. You seem to be in the minority, but that’s fine. If you’re happy with sub-par, knock yourself out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What it boils down to is that for me, any future route would have to be hit for six, as judged by the community, before I'd spend money on it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the same boat, not as a protest but simply because the castrated route holds zero interest for me. I can run point-to-point under PZB with the same trains on any of five or six German routes I already have, often with nicer scenery.

To entice this customer to buy any more German stuff, DTG had better come up with something which isn't just the same old same old.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think nobody is at that level of "I'm sure" except you. You seem to think you know what matjamca wants... Well I'll tell you this, they've said they don't plan on buying it, so I think you should drop it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Historic German Route, Berlin S-Bahn?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Irish Train sim

His own thread asks if people will continue to buy dovetail content, protesting not to. I’ve simply given my opinion that despite his protest, he will. Which he has stated he will, although discounted. I give up though, I bet most on these forums will buy at least one rush hour route despite saying they won’t and there’s nothing wrong with that. Will give it a rest though as I’ve proven my point. Nothing else to say.

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As with all reactionary polls, all the yeses are yeses, all the maybes are yeses and most of the noes are yeses eventually. Of course most fans of the game will buy more TSW content in the future, nearly all of them in fact. This episode is a setback and we’ve seen them before. People are upset at the moment but most will be upset more by not having any new content in their only train simulator. This is the Playstation forum after all. Posting a comment in one of the official threads about this update article saying exactly how you feel will do more good than anonymously voting in this poll. Not buying any DLC in the future won’t even be noticed by DTG unless huge numbers of existing customers stop buying altogether and that’s not going to happen over a route having some content removed and a small price increase for a bundle.

There’s nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about this but let’s not kid ourselves that this is going to have any serious ramifications for DTG. It’s a commercial decision and poor communication choices, nothing more. It’s not contempt for the players. We can all tell them we aren’t happy about this but not buying the content only deprives you of that content.

• Like Like x 12
  14. Irish Train sim

Well said, bravo!

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

Well If you stopped being a diva for one minute even with all 3 routes its still heavily discounted at £11.66 per route. Which I dont think you will even get close too as a discount if and when they go on a PSN or Xbox sale.

Hentis

• Like Like x 5
  16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

O don't really think it's possible to have an "opinion" on what someone will do. It's up to them. This is actually quite the arrogant statement.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Money isn’t the issue. I just don’t think DTG should be rewarded for making poor decisions. Yes, I’m unlikely to get BML/Boston Providence cheaper than buying them in the bundle, but buying the bundle is empowering DTG to continue making these poor decisions. I want all the routes DTG can throw at me and then some, I’ll gladly pay for them (full price) as I’ve done so many times before. I just can’t think of any other way to make a company listen more acutely than when their revenue is dropping like a plane without wings.

• Like Like x 4
  18. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

Of course I'll still buy DTG products. Will I buy them at launch, at full price? That depends how they handle the rest of the week.

Being unhappy with corporate decision making is hardly enough reason to deny myself the enjoyment of playing their game, because it is an excellent game.

As I said elsewhere, just delay the damn thing. Release it when it's finished.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I feel would have been better if they had said in the first place that it would be released over a period of time. And the the price would be £34.99. That is what I expected it to be and would have thought it reasonable and understandable.

I am sure someone asked in one of the streams how much it would be and was told whatever the normal price is that you pay in your area for a new release.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'll buy it, but it better be good, I've bought all dlc's except for Cane Creek, which looked a bit too much like a Western to me.

And I'm still a bit pee'd off after the Arosa scenery debacle.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

The majority have votes yes

The majority have votes yes

Silent majority

• Like Like x 2
  22. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

It was a Day 1 for me. Now i will wait for a price cut, and hope for a good preview session for each routes. We need all possible dettails. I will not but a season pass where the route maybe will come with less feature as plained. Also

23. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Am I going to buy DTG content? Yes, if it's what I want and I think it's worth the price I'm paying. That's just common sense.

Though one thing I would like to say: I thought Rush Hour would be £34.99, anyway? I recall hearing this figure mentioned, perhaps in a stream by DTG. At the time, I thought that was good value, considering each route would likely be £24.99 on it's own.

I doubt this protest will produce any meaningful results. At best, they'll put the 24km back...causing further delays to the rest of the things they're working on. But again, I doubt it.

• Like Like x 2
  24. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I understand you Matjamca, but let's see the bright side of this update:
    • Launch on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S with improved framerate, service layers, draw distance and shadows.
    • New Unreal Engine 4.26 for all existing Train Sim World 2 Add-Ons.

I would pay the money finally only for this :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Ok, now this bugs me from DTG.

""As you may notice, this is an updated price. With the change to a Season Ticket, and allowing multiple options to purchase, we believe that this is the right price for Rush Hour, and still provides great value for the three routes and nine locos provided within the pack."

For most TSW players it is not 9 new trains.

Amtrak ACS-64: is a supposedly rebuild of the TSW1 loco.
    MBTA F40PH-3C: New yes
    BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 in DB livery,BR 185.5 in MRCE black livery: All copy and paste, 442 has a reskin
    DB BR 363 ‘V 60’ Diesel Shunter: Same loco with a reskin and new handrails.
    Southern BR Class 377/4: Copy and paste.
    Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMU: New yes.

Lots of copy and past rolling stock and then they have to cut parts of routes and increase the price.

Alarm bells are ringing.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Hidden Donkey

same i would pay double for all we get so its good news for all that its less and some free

27. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Maybe this new generation should cost more if there are improvements and extra features, last generation PS4 and Xbox owners should not be hit with a £10 increase in my opinion

• Like Like x 4
  28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The only route I'm interested in is the Brighton Mainline, However if as rumours suggest it's been cut short as well to only run from Victoria to Gatwick Airport then I won't be purchasing it at all, It'll be the first British DLC I don't purchase. I'll also be thinking hard about any purchases in the future as well.

29. antony.henley

And where did you hear or read that to?
    As I have just read on their updated FAQ

"LONDON COMMUTER
    A hectic commuter route operating out of London's historic terminus, Victoria Station built to serve Britain's premier southern main lines. Experience a mix of stopping and express services between Britain's capital, Gatwick Airport and the South Coast aboard Southern's BR Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMUs."

So I call bull to your said "rumour"

Hentis

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  30. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

My question with this ‘season pass’ tactic would be: How long will that be an option before I’m forced to buy each route individually?

I don’t buy routes as soon as they release because there always has to be a patch or two before they’re working as desired. If I wait a couple months, will I still be able to pay £35 for all three? Because if it was £25 for the pack as originally expected, that’d remain the same forever.

31. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I believe Nat said yesterday that the season ticket will always be available because they want anyone to be able to purchase at any point in time.

32. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  33. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I voted for 'absolutely no' at least for german content which unfortunately interests me the most as a german.
    But germanys railroads are more than the copy + paste Dosto garbage TSW is offering. Far more. Yet we always get the same unrealistic experience and after the last statements and first 5 minutes of the stream I get the impression that no one at DTG actually cares about this.
    Sorry but there were plenty of opportunities to prove someone wrong about this and I did not see a single one taken.
    I feel very bad for BML and the british players because I can't see it happening at the promised state at this time and very bad for NEC as well because I was actually looking forward to it but I'm not willing to spend the same amount of money for it which was considered to be the full Rush Hour price two days ago.
    I just don't care enough anymore for it - I would love to play a decent train game on console but with all the lame excuses, stupid deadlines and broken promises I probably have a happier life without one.

So now I'm looking forward to the new Battlefield, Far Cry 6, Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight Sim... maybe I give AC Valhalla a try sometime, maybe those funnily frustrating Ori Indie games as well... but as it stands now the TSW train has left. I notice I don't even care anymore if the promised optimizations will deliver the HMA layers finally or not. It's gone to just 'meh'. Maybe I test it after I noticed the update on my xbox someday, maybe I even buy NEC when it's on sale on xbox for the first time in 2023 after another 65 rant threads and 1,000 excuses it would only be the evil MS. Or I could spend my car a decent car wash. The last days were so frustrating in a way that I'm not even upset about it anymore as I find my time too valuable for this because obviously there is nothing we can change about it anyway...

• Like Like x 3
  34. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

My opinion is if they announce the content, announce the price and its not ready because they made an arse of it then they shouldn't be looking to their customers who buy routes at £25 a pop to again take the hit. Just for reference I've bought The Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Hitman 3, Cod Black Ops Cold War just to name a few for under £25.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It was said on the Q&A stream on Thursday that the "season ticket" will be available until at least the end of 2021. They don't know if it will continue to be available after then.

36. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

will it though? With the trust already eroded from this experience so far, how can we rely on what is said in the streams not to be changed suddenly by the faceless bean counters.
    I can’t rely on this statement at all.

• Like Like x 1
  37. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

BML was always the one that I was interested in so now we can purchase them separately this is what I’m going to do.
    Firstly wait until I read reports on what Rush Hour is actually like on PS4. Secondly wait until the individual BML dlc drops to around £11.99 or somewhere just above then buy it if it’s any good and any bugs are patched etc. If whilst I’m waiting I get into none UK routes I will wait until the ticket price for all 3 RH routes drops and buy that instead. If the ticket is discontinued whilst I’m waiting then I will just buy BML if it’s cheap enough.

I can see why people are disappointed that the price, the way they are releasing RH has changed and reduced content on the German route but you are only getting hit if your someone who must have something right away at full price. Me I’m not bothered about having something when it’s first released I can wait because it gives you more time to make the correct decision and decide what it is that you really want and besides I do think £24 is serious money for a dlc at full price hence why I’m a cheap skate and wait for the sales.

Also have I misunderstood this but is the RH feature with more passengers etc being added to the London Underground route we already have retrospectively?

I dunno it’s confusing these days. :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Have to say that my spending on DTG will change after this. Recently brought Cane Creek even though I much prefer passenger services to freight. Well, things like that will change in future as alot more of the content I am on the fence with will not be purchased

The thing is this has just become a pile on of negative news regarding Rush Hour. The price increase and staggering of release doesn't bother me to much. However to do that as well as cut content and say they need more time to hit certain standards is just treating customers with distain

Then the Epic games so called non exclusive deal, which they admit they received money for as well as then not give a release date for existing customers versions. Strange how that is exactly what happens with timed exclusive deals

And finally the PS5 transfer save fiasco, where DTG claim it might not happen with one of the reasons given being it might break the PS4 save game. Seriously if you are going to lie then try to come up with something that is plausible

So in short if DTG continue down their current path of treating customers as complete mugs, don't be surprised when my answer to this poll becomes a permanent 'No'

• Like Like x 3
  39. Hidden Donkey

they tried and the game broke and are tyring to fix it

40. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I don't think they're lying here. If there's one thing Bethesda games have taught me, it's that it's incredibly easy to corrupt save files if any code in the background changes.

But I do agree that the issues compound themselves. This week reminded me very much of the HBK-release/LIRR-RT-update week. All of the issues on their own would have caused negativity, but probably not an uproar. However, all of these issues piled on top of each other in a single week were enough to blow up the forums, so to speak.

41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That is an issue with TSW. It has happened to me where I have loaded up new releases and everything I’ve tried out first has been broken or a disappointment because it’s a badly authored scenario or the timetable snarls up. One individual thing isn’t going to get me mad but a close succession of errors is so frustrating. It doesn’t pay to get angry about every little thing but it stays in the memory for when a big disappointment comes along. If two or three big disappointments come along at once then the forum will explode. It’s overwhelmed me a few times over the last two years when there are a few big issues spoiling my enjoyment.

I got a bit irate on the forum shortly after TSW2 released and there was so much wrong with it. It took a while to get over it and one thing that helped was taking a bit of time away from voicing my frustrations on the forum. After a few months of the roadmap there were little fixes on their while things I thought were much bigger issues were not present. It’s actually helped now that they don’t put many bugs on the roadmap as that wound me up more than some of the issues with the game. I try and focus on the good things more now and I do fight against unreasonable criticism on the forum more than I actually complain about stuff myself. The forum becomes very unbalanced at times, and criticism starts to become unfair.

You’ll see it in my posts about the current situation. I’m not posting a huge number of times about my own disappointment but trying to deal with it by moderating other people’s overreactions with the reality of the situation. It’s a disappointing time for nearly every player, to varying degrees. I’m sure when the update comes there will be more things that I and many others will find that are below par and there will be bugs in all of the new routes. I’ll try not to let it overwhelm me like last year because it wasn’t a nice thing to go through personally. I won’t blow things out of all proportion either, another forum favourite pastime for some. I’m sure I’ll report some bugs and give feedback on general quality but I’ll try not to get emotional about it, as it’s not good for my health. But it is unavoidable getting frustrated at times with TSW, and therefore with DTG. And every now and then they make a fairly big blunder like this.

• Like Like x 5
  42. phildenty

phildenty Member

The new layout looks pretty cool thou...that I saw on the "Live stream" even though I didn't watch it on the night it was streamed...They (DTG) did say that they announced "Ru$h Hour" too soon...at the time it got my juices flowing,,, I'm still excited for it.... The price hike well that is a sticking point but I will still get the season ticket at the end of the day... as I love German trains... and London / Brighton looks good too... all I ask is can we have less toxicity please or am I asking too much?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

This isn't going to affect my purchasing decisions in the future. They have announced exactly what was going to be in the product before launch. Yes it is disappointing that intended content has been cut, and can imagine people really excited for that content would be let down doubly so. In saying that, money hasn't changed hands, nor have they released it with promise that it will be updated in a future which never comes. I can't hold that against them.

I am a little disappointed about the announcement of the content in the FAQ as opposed to the main article, and hope that changes in the future. But I feel this was a mistake from letting info out too early and it probably won't happen again.

• Like Like x 4
  44. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

So from the wording that I am reading into this thread, they are going to release each line individually at £24.99 and then they will release the rush hour pack after that at £34.99

Is that what I am lead to believe the wording is saying?

45. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

The Rush Hour pack at that price will be available from the start but the routes themselves will be releasing at later times. So you could buy the pack for the 34.99 whenever you want, you just won't have all the routes yet.

46. antony.henley

Both wrong.

Rush hour season ticket will be available from when ever its released for £34.99.
    That price is for all three routes. But the routes will be released one by one and not all at once. As you have paid £34.99 for the season ticket when each of the routes become available then you will download the routes free of charge.

Or if you want to pick and choose what routes you want you can buy them at £24.99 each again when they are released. Best thing is to pay the £34.99 for the season ticket. Best value for money.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Only if you plan on buying 2 of the three routes. If, like myself, you only want the Brighton Main Line, have a slight interest in the NEC and no interest in German content then £24.99 is the way to go. If NEC turns out to be good then I can wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 1
  48. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It'll have to be available until the end of 2021 because summer is half over and we're still non the wiser as to when we're likely to start seeing anything. Maybe they're working to Southern hemisphere summer!

• Like Like x 3
  49. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

You can't really rely on anything they tell you because as they've shown, they will just change their minds and blame some invisible entity called a "bean counter" or that they were simply being over ambitious.

• Like Like x 5
  50. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well summer in the Northern Hemisphere ends on September 21st. The British made a law changing the end date to September 1st but the a government can't change the tilt of the earth so dtg still has time. Earth science is different from laws

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021