New East Coastway Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mkdog45, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I believe I have made this suggestion before but, I can’t find where it is or what I called the post.
    Anyway, I suggest a new timetable for ECW similar to what Rapid Transit.
    Changes:
    - Ore/ to Hastings services would still operate but as a 4 coach train, as they do in real life.
    - Ore to London Victoria services which are 8 coaches but couple/uncouple at Eastbourne for 4 coaches to continue to Ore. The remain 4 wait at Eastbourne for the ore to Victoria to come back and couple back as an 8.
    - Eastbourne to London Victoria, these operate as 12 coaches and mostly only call at Polegate and Lewes (on the game map).
    Seaford and Lewes services to stay the same.

Why?
    We currently have no services from or to Platform 1 and 2 at Lewes (as passenger services) which is a shame. It would also diversify service types.
    A big reason is that once BML releases and you drive a service from Victoria, you can’t continue it on and pick up where you left at Lewes/ Wivelsfield.

I am happy to make up a timetable for DTG for free as long as they provide me with the software needed.
    I have also started on an excel spreadsheet sheet with the information, if TrainSim-Adam and his team are interested.

• Like Like x 6
  2. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

It be cool for the east coast way to get upgrades to the timetable since its my fav route in the game so far, would this overhaul include freight I’m not to fussed with the freight side of things but i love it when they drive past you because it makes it closer to real life

• Like Like x 3
  3. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

100% agree with all your points mentioned. There has been a few other posts about adding in the Victoria services to ECW etc but I think these are warranted to replicate the real-life route.

I think the reason the Victoria services were not included originally in ECW was due to running out of train numbers. So, with BML getting 377/1s - albeit just renumbered /4s - the /1s should be included into ECW in a new update which, in turn, also increase realism.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mkdog45

I think the freight services to Newhaven should stay how they are because that is a natural freight end. Also very rarely does a freight go along past Berwick and Polegate unless they needed the freight train for engineering works there. Instead freight most comes down the Hastings (1066) line and reverses at Hastings.
    Although the new timetable could include some more rail tours like one down to Seaford and one from Brighton.

5. Mkdog45

I have heard that a number of times that they were running out of numbers a few times before which makes sense. But after doing some research, and crunch the numbers. There are 75 377/4 units in service (401-475) and over the day:
    Lewes Shuttles use 2 trains
    Seaford uses 3 trains
    WCW portal uses 1 trains
    BML portal uses 3 trains (as a 12 carriage train)
    Hastings/Ore at a estimated guess uses 10 units. Which I’m total is just 19 units out of the possible 75. Although seeing some /1 on ECW would be nice too. The trains used would also be lower if they used 4 coaches instead of 8 for Hastings services. (And they would fit at stations like Berwick and Glynde).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mkdog45

51CA8034-EBBC-4EC1-B5EA-925163FA938E.jpeg I think I should make clear for TrainSim-Adam and his team, that it is not necessary to make a completely new timetable from scratch as what is already there is great but the only changes would be:

- Make Ore/Hastings services 4 coaches instead of 8. As Adam said in the Roadmap stream, if they don’t change the service or any timings then it will still say you have done it. So just need to change the 8 coaches to 4 without changing anything else.
    -Add additional trains to the existing timetable. These would be Eastbourne to London Victoria which sit on platform 3 when not in service. And Ore to Victoria which go Lewes to Eastbourne as a 8 then uncouple at Eastbourne for 4 to continue on to Ore.
    These trains would be stables at Eastbourne Sidings. Some more trains ta Eastbourne sidings would be great as if you go there anytime the sidings are always very busy except peak and Weekends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1