[ue 4.26] Will The Poor Over Compressed Audio Finally Be Fixed?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Redbus, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

As a user of all three platforms I am dismayed to find the sound quality on Xbox vastly inferior to PS and PC (even on Series X). This is especially noticeable with headphones, and detracts very much from the overall immersion. Sound compression artefacts can be distinctly heard with all sounds, and are particularly bad with external views and voiceovers. From what I’ve read on these forums it’s been there since day one, and has still not been addressed. How can this not be regarded as high priority item? (Shrugs shoulders)

My question for DTG is, can you confirm that this issue has been put to bed for good with the upcoming update? If not, why not, and why would you leave a third of your customers with the game audio in such a dreadful state?

• Like Like x 5
  2. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I really hope the sound issues get resolved. I can't stand the horrid, repeating popping noises and distortion that randomly occur, which can only be stopped by switching to the external view and back to cab view. This particular element of the sound never occurred in TSW2020, which makes it even more frustrating. It's generally been ignored. It's a major issue and destroys immersion. I hope there is a fix coming for it in the summer update.

• Like Like x 1