Bug With Passengers Not Entering The Train

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by keksman, Jun 24, 2018.

1. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Reproducible issue tested on WSR:
    Open the trains doors as soon as you reach the train station. Every passenger who already found his position in the train station (isnt moving) enters the train. Every passenger afterwards who walks to the train station doesent enters the train even after standing still through the whole duration the doors are open.

Next situation:
    Drive to the train station but dont open the doors immediately. Wait for more passengers to come and find their position. (around 1-2min)
    As soon as you open the doors, every single passenger who stands still enters the train. Same issue with the first example though: Passengers who walk into the train station after you opened the door, dont enter the train.

Could you fix that please? Its pretty pointless to open the doors for around 1min in each station while passengers only enter the train at the first 5 seconds.

While we are at it: Please give us some kind of option to adjust the limit to the number of passengers. A lot who own a good pc (including me) can afford more passengers at each station.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

One would think that people standing on the passenger platforms of a heritage railroad are there to board the train, but in this route that is not always the case. Rather, they behave like people on a platform in an active route: some board the train, others do not, some watch what the demonstration train is doing while others keep their backs to it and, of course, some repeatedly check their watches. Yes, this seems a bit odd and it irritates me as well. Does it require a "fix"? -- perhaps it is just what the scenario and session authors intended or perhaps the route makers never considered that heritage line passengers should behave differently.
    Rereading your post, however, I see nothing particularly odd in passengers boarding the train when the doors open rather than hanging around on the platform -- especially since none of them are smokers needing to savor that last inhale so they can exhale after boarding. What bothers me about passenger behavior on this route is that they ascend and descend using invisible steps and sometimes walk through parts of the open carriage doors. Now there's something that should be fixed, but I'm not sure that it can be.

3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Ha ha, as if DTG took that into account, nice theory though - If they did take heritage line passengers into account, where are the kids? You always see loads of kids at heritage railways, people with cameras?

• Like Like x 1
  4. keksman

Its not intended and thats the whole point of my post. Every passenger who stands still as soon as you open the doors, enters the train and it doesent matters when you decide to open them. And it also doesent matters what you do right after... No passenger will enter the train after the short period of time of like 5-10 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keksman

push - Issue still not fixed

6. keksman

Still not fixed... I cant be the only one who thinks bugged passengers ruin the the experience and immersion when playing TSW. One of the main things TSW is being advertised with are sentences like "ultimate realism" and "feel the detail" but this issue breaks both.

• Like Like x 1