Xc Route Birmingham - Bristol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Does anyone have this route (xcroute com)?
    I've downloaded and installed this route and followed this instructions in the manual but I seem to be having issues with the scenery.
    Before you ask I do have all the required assets and routes.

Does anyone know what could cause the missing scenery/track etc?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

"Does anyone know what could cause the missing scenery/track etc?"
    Yes - missing Assets

Check the route using TS Tools
    or go thru the route checklist again
    https://xcroute.com/extended/?page_id=40

I really like the way people say "I do have all the required assets and routes." Only to find a missing route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

OK, so one of the routes isn't actually missing as I own it but it appears to be using the older, branded route (Bristol-Cardiff) rather than the unbranded, newer release.

How can I swap the assets so that it will run from the newer unbranded version (I assume most of the assets would be the same for scenery and sounds)?

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I ran TS tools and there are over 1700 assets (sounds, scenery etc) missing. Most of these are a result of the re-release of Bristol-Cardiff as South Wales Coastal.
    Looks like I'll be removing the route then as that will take weeks of going through other files to use as replacements.
    It's a shame the publisher doesn't make it clear that the newer version of Bristol-Cardiff will not work and probably the same for Goblin Lines too as that's now merged with the North London Lines.

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You can't really complain or fail to understand that the XC Route requires the older branded Bristol to Cardiff seeing as the XC Route was released BEFORE the re-released unbranded SWC was...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bexy916

Bexy916 New Member

The Dev in question is actually a busy fella. His XC route was built some years ago, its not his fault someone else broke his route. As for making things clear - he wrote his assets list / readme way way before the route in question was changed...... And the community going nuclear on every FB group / forum around was plenty of warnings lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, still being quite new to TS21 and freeware/payware stuff, I wasn't aware of changes to routes etc until after I'd got them.
    I come from a console background so not used to mods etc (except from many years ago when I had FS2004 and added liveries and extra aircraft to the sim).

I had no idea when the XC route was developed or released (I just saw it as it had Gloucester, Worcester, Hereford and Birmingham on).
    I know that people do work hard on their routes to get them running and that it isn't their fault when routes are pulled from sale or altered so that it breaks their creations. And yes, I have come across this issue before and it was something that usually required the NWC route.
    Until I'm more confident with using TS Tools to switch out assets to try getting the route running, I'll leave it uninstalled.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The assets the route is using will be the same except they sit in a different folder.

I have both routes and there is a random file called 14storey_flats.bin in both these folders
    Assets\DTG\BristolCardiff\Scenery\Buildings
    Assets\DTG\SouthWales01\Scenery\Buildings
    My Scenery folder is the same size in both routes and has the same files

I assume you have the SouthWales01 folder?
    If so use TSTools to open the Tracks.bin file in the
    After it open use Ctrl+F to find BristolCardiff
    Use the lower panel in the search to replace BristolCardiff with SouthWales01
    It will only take a min or so then Save the file

And try the route.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Bexy916

Bexy916 New Member

Hi Nick, I shouldnt have assumed youd been around a while mate, apologies (I had FS2004 too back in the day, cracking game!!! ) Im a whizz when it comes to scenarios, but, I can assure you, Peter (749006 ) is rather knowledgeable on route type stuff, Ive known him on FB a good few years now.

ATB
    Bex

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry to bring this up again.
    I do have files under Assets\DTG\BristolCardiff and also Assets\DTG\SouthWales01 when using file explorer but there's no scenery folder in either location (nor in SouthWales02).
    I only have under SouthWales01
    Audio
    PreLoad
    RailVehicles
    SouthWales01Assets.AP

Could anyone offer help for this and how I can find the folders?

11. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Active Member

The scenery folder will be inside the ...Assets.ap file. You can use 7zip to look inside.

12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Ok, I've now got the folders and have changed the name and copied over from the SouthWales01 files.

When I try to check the route in TS Tools I get this message
    The Route Template listed in RouteProperties.xml
    \RailWorks\Assets\DTG\BristolCardiff\TemplateRoutes\Template.bin
    Could not be found.

What does this mean please as I'm struggling to understand how this thing works.

13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's ok. I found a way around it. No need to play around with trying to find files and swapping them over.
    I got a copy of TS17 with SWC from Humble bundle so it works now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Realdazman

Realdazman New Member

I have the same type of problem but I am using a freeware route that uses the branded south wales costal and I only have South wales to sawsea unbranded, it appears that the route is missing all assets from SWC branded, how do I change it to use all the assets from SWC unbranded. I have tried to copy all files from Assets\DTG\SouthWales01\ into Assets\DTG\BristolCardiff\ it adds all the missing assets but causes strange graphic issues. I am not very good with TS-tools.