Frankfurt U Bhan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Jul 26, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So, i really enjoy suburban/metro type services, and i gave a look at the Frankfurt U Bahn and i really enjoy the route, rolling stock, scenery and the fact that it features the whole network. What can you say me about this route? Thanks in advance!

2. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

There are a hundred reviews of this route on Steam, with 26 in English. What further information are you looking for?

3. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Active Member

I really like it. Great diversity with faster parts and almost tram like street driving plus also underground. Indeed whole network is there and in free roam you can even simulate a shift starting at the yard, with services changing one into another. There are spoken announcements, rolling stock is nice and different trains drive differently. Graphics is stunning, sounds are great. Also both train and tram signaling systems are implemented.

There is really one thing that annoys me about the add-on. Completely no attention to street traffic. In real life in the city center U-Bahn trains have to wait for green light on street intersections just like a tram would do. In the simulation all perpendicular street traffic is forbidden and you just have green all the time. I am aware of the simulation limitations but they could at least try to make some custom signals that would show stop signal while the cars going the same way have red. You end up going much faster than IRL because you never wait at the intersections.

Apart from that it's a great add-on.

4. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Frankfurt U Bahn is one of my favourite routes in the game, even though I’ve never been to Frankfurt. The city scenery is great quality for one, the fact that the entire network is included means the overall length is similar to that of a normal route, but, with all the stops you get a lot more play time out of it. The trains are very advanced with detailed and functional cabs (would advise giving the manual a read) and the fact that an IBIS system with working announcements is included is a very nice touch. Not to mention, three different types of train are included, plus AI tram and S-Bahn stock.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Frankfurt U-Bahn is a nice route - spoilt by the lack of road traffic - but you can run what you want ;)
    Screenshot_U-Bahn Frankfurt am Main V2_50.12755-8.72535_12-10-48a.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

And, the trains are really good to run in other places, such as tram routes you might download. It would be great if system to interconnect trains with road traffic was implemented, but I don’t think it ever would be.

7. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

does this route have quick drive? I tried doing one but was only getting about 4 stops. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong but should be more like at least a dozen

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The quick drives are split by route - some are longer than others and not every station is a destination.
    A lot of the routes come together in the city so if you pick Sudbahnhof U123578 it gives you a multiple of routes but just picking U67 only give those two routes

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  9. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Is there AI when you do the quick drive. I tried one but didn't see any.
    thanks

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't remember - it was over a year ago since I last used it.

11. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Just be aware that the signaling and rolling stock is not prototypical for German routes - it’s completely disconnected from the rest of the network. If you like the standard German signaling system check out the excellent Frankfurt S-Bahn DLC, which comes with a much-improved BR423 EMU.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Signalling and Rolling stock is prototypical for the route it depicts.
    Why would it have mainline signalling for a route that is a tramway system?
    The BR423 that come with it is just AI - you cannot drive it.

13. Jon from Rhode Island

I’m talking about the separate S-Bahn DLC.

14. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on that

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The thread is about the Frankfurt U-Bahn and you said
    " Just be aware that the signaling and rolling stock is not prototypical for German routes - it’s completely disconnected from the rest of the network."

16. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

tbf his first part of his comment is about the U Bahn route the part you quoted is where the user then mentions the as bahn.
    You have just picked a part of a longer comment.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Again you decide to have a go at me.

Read post #11 when my reply, #12, quoted his entire post
    In post #13 he says he is talking about the separate s-bahn DLC

So lets clarify things
    Jon from Rhode Island in post #11 says
    "Just be aware that the signaling and rolling stock is not prototypical for German routes - it’s completely disconnected from the rest of the network."
    So he is saying the Signalling on this route, Frankfurt U-Bahn, is wrong - which is what the thread is about.
    I pointed out, in post #12, that the signalling on U-Bahn route is correct.
    He then said
    "If you like the standard German signaling system check out the excellent Frankfurt S-Bahn DLC, which comes with a much-improved BR423 EMU."
    Which is correct but unrelated to this thread

390001 you just said "then mentions the as bahn."
    [Removed - Alex - Inappropriate Language] - you are wrong.

I'M GETTING FED UP WITH YOUR ATTITUDE 390001

18. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Can you both please take your little squabbles private and away from these threads.
    They are becoming extremely tiresome for the rest of us.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

I personally have had great fun with the U-Bahn, the graphic quality is up there with the best and the unique driving challenges of setting up and driving a tram based system compared to a mainline system takes a little while to get used to but is very rewarding once you get used to it.
    To also aquire the S-Bahn DLC into your library is not a bad thing, if you enjoy the busy commuter underground / overground type of route then it opens up both worlds to enjoy. Although it only includes the S5/S6 lines it provides another 60KM of quality underground / overground fun.
    (Warning:- "UK Humour Alert")
    Please note I managed to get through the last sentence without referencing the Wombles LOL :D

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  20. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good purchase it is on i am keeping an eye on i really enjoyed the U bhan route just trains sell the network is vat with plenty of scope and scenario variety. The new S bhan looks just fantastic as well. Really looking forward to the develoeprs "extras" they are working on

21. Jon from Rhode Island

Omg what is going on, it’s like two lawyers are arguing over my deposition transcript!

22. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Ignore and move on thats what i learned to deal with certain members.

23. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Everyone please let's be civil - It's almost the holiday season and I don't want to address this further with warnings.

• Like Like x 1