Tsw 3 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alexander.s, Jul 29, 2021.

1. alexander.s

alexander.s Active Member

first priority:
    - Ubgrade to UE5
    - Ray Tracing
    - Lumen Global Illumination and Reflections
    - Nanite Quixel and Photosymetry
    - more detailed Models, more detailed routes, 8k Textures and automatic LOD
    - Realistic lighting at night due to Lumen.
    - realistic Water physics and graphics (derailment)
    - realistic AI Traffic simulation
    - realistic Weather Simulation
    - realistic Weather Simulation (Water behaves more realistically on the discs even heavy rain possible.)
    - add Hail
    - add thunder
    - dynamic illumination of clouds and dynamic cloud formation in different levels

second priority:
    - Features
    - Route and Scenario Editor
    - Asset Creation Tools
    - Content Manager with Workshop Support
    - Script system
    - Steam Support
    - Cog Railway Support (Vitznau and Arth-Rigi-Bahn as first Route for Demonstration of Physics)
    - Different Power System Support
    - Multiplayer

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's a great thing, but would only be great for some PC players that have the best PCs, but for others it would be disadvantage for player like PS4 and others that doesn't have the best consoles and pcs, only if DTG would find a way to do it for everyone so that it takes less performance, than it could be a thing, but it will be a thing in the far future

• Like Like x 2
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Here's 7 things more realistic than most of this, but still highly unlikely or impossible.
    1. Time Travel
    2. The moon is a hologram
    3. The Earth is actually flat
    4. Star Wars is real
    5. World Peace (let's be real here)
    6. Matt disliking Pink (in other words, impossible)
    7. The end of the world (like, in 5 mins from me posting this)
    In other words, this is ambitious, but a little too, ambitious.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

multiplayer was promised in 2.0?

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

In fairness these are a bit more realistic.

• Content Manager/Sharer was mentioned by Matt on the roadmap stream this week as being looked at (Not workshop based, DTL based)
    • Steam Support: I presume you mean steam locos, these are coming for TSW2
    • Could you elaborate what you mean with Different Power System Support?
    • Multiplayer is probably way down the line but realistic.
    Also, why would anyone want TSW3? TSW2 is good as it is, and this would just cause the chaos of Preserved Collection to get WAY worse.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Well, this suggestion really is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I would prefer to have more functionality with things like custom paths in scenario planner.

I would also favour larger timetables, with more services.

Having graphic updates is lovely, but doesn't add much to the gameplay, which I would rather have a focus on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Oof, us console players would have to wait till the Playstation 7 and Xbox Three/Series Z (whatever MS decides to name the new console in the next decade) release to get these, and by then PCs would be able to run 300+ car freight trains down 200 mile routes with 2,000+ services in a 24 hour timetable all at 8k resolution at 240fps.

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

International routes to introduce a new country or add on to an existing country. An example is Perpignan-Girona-Barcelona Railway to introduce Spain to the Game DTG abbreviation is LGV CLR Catalonia Languedoc-Roussilon. Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway gives the TSW 2 player DB BR406 another route to run on and properly use voltage change procedures. That route introduces ETCS Emmerich-Zevenaar ATB EG on Arnhem Zevennar sections.
    Cross-Play and Cross-Save together with UE5.
    Base Game
    Calder Valley Line
    Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Railway
    Raritan Valley Line or Babylon Branch.
    Deluxe Edition
    Westbahn Salzburg-Vienna or Tauernbahn
    Rhine Valley Railway Mannheim-Offenburg/Strasbourg
    Gotthardbahn Lucerne-Erstfeld-Belinzona-Chiasso including Base Tunnel for the Rabe 503 & 501.
    LGV Perpignan-Barcelona (CLR Catalonia Languedoc Rousslion)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. alexander.s

Some suggested features are simply graphical improvements to modernize TSW2 to bring it in the 2020's
    The Core UE4 ist now 6 years old and should be ubgraded what is not a major problem.
    And use photosymetry automatic LOD for more detailed models and routes with less effort, which is a feature of UE5.
    With this features TSW will look so great and so modern.
    Lumen brings so much realism in lightning and makes it so beautiful.
    Older graphicards like the 900s and 1000s series of Nvidea should not be used anymore, because they are old now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. trainsimplayer

You realise whilst some may have powerful PCs, some don't.

Also, TSW is a really good looking game. If it looked like TS you'd have a point.

• Like Like x 2
  11. alexander.s

TSW came 2017 we have 2021 now.
    After Corona Graphic Cards will be cheap and you can also reduce the graphics and
    toggle off features like Lumen and Ray Tracing if you have old graphic card.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes pc cpu i12 rtx 5080ti sl

13. trainsimplayer

Right, well consoles dont have that luxury either.

I don't think giving the fortunate with higher end devices an completely unfair supremacy over those who don't is a good way forward.

Also I know what year it is, and I know 2017 was 4 years ago, do you think I'm daft?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unreal Engine 4.26.1 is the CURRENT UE engine, so even if UE4 is 6 years old, there isn't anything newer in UE (5 has been announced but is in beta, so not current), and "not a major problem"... I presume you don't do much programming if you think moving between revisions isn't major... When they moved from TSW2020 to TSW2 (ie up to UE4.23) many of the signals changed to cars... and that was one of the minor issues. Even in TSW2 summer 2021 upgrade EVERYTHING has to be rebaked... hardly a minor task

Telling people what they should or should not use smacks of elitism... Not something that generally goes down well in simulation circles. I mean I don't disagree in the main but still, there's a difference between "people using these will struggle in future" and "these shouldn't be used"

• Like Like x 1
  15. drnicktgm#1259

And so many times buying a new c
    But consoles still keep the same grafic cards, the only new are the next gen consoles but not all have it and it will probably take 2 or 3 years until everyone gets an Xbox X or PS5, and why always buy a new console just to get a little bit of better grafics and that's all

• Like Like x 1
  16. trainsimplayer

Honestly this whole thing is really elitism tbh, most of the things suggested up top are just designed for high-end devices.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

Of course, but hopefully with UE5 also comes optimisations that helps lower end specs.
    For me I am also of the opinion that those with older machines shouldnt expect to be kept up just because. At some point saying "my machine is seven years old" is a thing

• Like Like x 2
  18. drnicktgm#1259

Do they have to create a new game for it or wouldn't it be a problem to update it to UE5?

19. ARuscoe

The reason they "created a new game" between TSW2020 and TSW2 was so they could charge full whack for the update.
    If the work to update from UE4.26 to UE5 is just as onerous then they may want to charge again (hence TSW3) but that's a commercial decision.
    "Would it be a problem"?
    That's a loaded question. Some people would think it easy... "It's all UE after all", but it's not as simple as that because DTG heavily modify the base UE engine to do things it's not meant to. Lest we forget there's no rotational motion blur etc etc

I think that still applies to UE5...

So whilst a few tweaks here and there are possible on new engines there are still many things that are actually limited by using an engine that DTG don't control, look at the new shadow implementation. Great for fixed assets but anything close and linear? Nope... so we still get shadows being drawn within the player's view...

In other words I think that ANY engine update is likely to be a headache, and we won't know how much of one until UE5 is bedded in because DTG aren't gung-ho enough to dive in until a lot of the initial bugs have been cracked

• Like Like x 2
  20. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie I’d prefer a version with the features he said for Next gen consoles and for PC’s. But for pc’s there should be graphics options for Ray tracing and such

• Like Like x 2
  21. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Yep agreed. I’d just add at minimum 4K 60fps or something a little more than 60fps and ray tracing. 8K is pretty darn expensive (8K TV’s are worth 10k)

• Like Like x 1
  22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and also cross play cross save functionality.
    Base Game
    Calder Valley Line
    Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway Germany to Netherlands
    Babylon Branch or Raritan Valley Line

• Like Like x 1
  23. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'll be happy with 1440p at 120fps. TBH by the time TSW3 drops I think the PS4 and XBox one will be on the way out that's if the PS5 and Xbox series X are available.

I found the post above saying that 900 and 1000 cards for the PC shouldn't be used, like we have a choice. I'd love a 3060 or 3070 but they are not available or I am looking in the wrong places. But I am hoping that by the time TSW3 drops DTG can up their game with lighting, Sounds ETC.