Problems With Saved Games

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jcardana, Jul 30, 2021.

1. jcardana

jcardana New Member

I'm really irritated with the fact that most saved games I load, end up being a failed scenario. The latest was on Cane Creek, doing the Potash run with empty hoppers. I got to the end and decoupled the train to switch locos. As soon as I sat down the the seat of the rear loco, I got a DERAIL.

But I do love the floating rocks! Makes me think I'm a Jedi!

2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i is work save

3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Saved games have been an issue since Day 1 of TSW. However, the current train of thought at DTG appears to be to make the scenarios short enough to complete in a single session rather than fix the problem.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

This might not be a save issue. This one is caused by the decoupled wagons hitting against each other. I saw this in the PS4 forum and the solution is to get on the front engine and move it a little bit further up before getting on the rear engine. This was super frustrating to figure out. That DLC has so many bugs, its super frustrating sometimes. But I am willing to cut SkyHook games some slack cos this is their first full scale DLC. Hopefully, they learn and improve.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. jcardana

jcardana New Member

Thanks Ravi, you confirmed what I suspected. I had the Train Brake and Ind Brake set to full and when I decoupled, the first half moved back. I'll try moving it forward.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jcardana

jcardana New Member

That was it, Thank you Ravi!

7. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Glad to have helped. It took me two whole runs before I figured out it wasn't me.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But something seems wrong here- when cars are uncoupled, their brake pipes evacuate and the brakes should slam on. They oughtn't budge.

9. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Yep. The entire DLC is a buggy mess. I even put the handbrakes on before decoupling and even then it kept derailing. The issue with couplers is not only limited to this scenario. There is one more where you need to couple and it wouldn't until you manually lock it and unlock it. They really dropped the ball on QA on this one. Extremely disappointed as this was in production for so long. The scenarios are boring too. Really regretting buying this one.