Coupling Doors Stuck Open On Ice 407

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Jul 27, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do you close the end doors on the ICE 407? It was opened when I took the parking brake off due to the buttons being next to each other and now it has restricted to 25 KM/H due to the front door being open and nothing coupled. How do I close the end door?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Why are you limited to 25 km/h? I believe the coupler hatches will close automatically once you go above a certain speed, something around 5 to 10 km/h I think.

3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The speed is only going up to 25 and will not go faster, at this speed the coupler doors are still remaining open.

4. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Did you set up the AFB? If not, it limits the speed to 25km/h.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, you might have the AFB controls active, which you might notice if there's a blue line along the speedometer on the HUD.
    Otherwise there shouldn't really be a reason why your train won't go above a certain speed, unless you're dragging the brakes or something like that.

The couplers on the ICE 3's will automatically retract when you're traveling above 30 km/h, and will stay locked until you reduce your speed below that.

By the way, it might be worth giving this a watch to familiarize yourself with the controls! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The AFB lever next to the throttle does nothing on the 407.

7. Cramnor

You have to activate it through the screen close to it, it is number 8 or 9 I believe you have to click, it is labelled AFB you should find it :)

8. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Is that the same screen as passenger lights? Would opening the coupler door automatically set the AFB to 25? I don't remember doing anything with the driver interface other than turning on the lights & checking the line voltage to make sure the breaker was closed.

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

AFB setup start at minute 46:50

Also at minute 52:20 there is an important passage concerning the AFB. I suggest you follow it. In summary: from minute 46:50 to 53:00 some key steps are shown on how to activate and deactivate the AFB (to switch from PZB to LZB)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  10. Cramnor

Yes, it is on the same screen. Press 9.
    20210731091559_1.jpg
    And then 6 (V soll Freigabe)
    20210731091604_1.jpg
    Then you can set the AFB speed with the corresponding levers.

As has been mentioned in the other threads you are spamming with this problem, having the coupler hatch open has nothing to do with a speed limitation. The trains run at max speed with the hatches open (when they are malfunctioning), so there is certainly no limitation in that regard. But if you do not activate the AFB properly and use the AFB levers, there might be a limitation to 25 (which is the highest pre-set value possible as you can see in the second picture). And as mentioned before, the hatches close automatically. I just tested it myself, they close around 30 km/h and I have no problems getting to this speed with the hatches open.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The correct train is called DB BR406 ICE3M DB BR407 is in Train Sim 21 sister game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, Matt is taking unnecessary steps and making his life harder than it needs to be. When the LZB warning sounds and the Ende light comes on, all you have to do is acknowledge it and be prepared for the changeover. Then, when LZB does deactivate, all you have to do is pull the AFB handle back to zero, and reset it to the desired speed. There is NO need to turn the system off and on. (no, this does not slow the train down. AFB is deactivated the moment LZB switches off, and doesn't reactivate until you reset it)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

To me too it seems more logical and also more practical. Then I try it.

14. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

why is everyone saying 407 it's literally the class 406 not class 407. if you mean the service number though then I'm sorry. but the class 407 doesn't exist in TSW (yet)