Some Impossible Services In The Timetable Mode: Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sparkster, Jul 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Hello everyone.[​IMG]

I encountered some problems about some GWE services. I am currently trying to finish them all, which is a lot of playing and have found 3 of them which are impossible for a gold medal to get on. The services are:

5J03: because of a trains blocking my route, which cause a massive delay. (Got bronze afterwards)
    5026: EDIT: Gold is possible even with a delay
    The services from the Depot to reading (I know that some of you don't care about medals)

2P07: For being literally unplayable. Why? Starting it from the timetable mode lets you spawn somewhere else on foot instead of the train.

Do you have any ideas to make these services more or less possible? Especially 2P07. Looking forward for answers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  2. EthanAfro

EthanAfro New Member

For 2P07, i just spawned at Twyford (05:45) and waited for it to arrive at 05:49 and then just drove the service to Paddington from Twyford

3. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I think the problem with 5J03 is due to the extra services which exist on PC. I tried it on PS4 and got a gold. I arrived at Reading 7 minutes early. It's clearly expecting you to be delayed because it allows you 11 minutes to get from the depot to reading, but the service causing the delay only exists on PC.

2P07 is definitely platform-specific. On PS4 it launches correctly from timetable mode.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Ooff... is there a possibility of deactivating services to make other ones more playable?

• Like Like x 1
  5. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I don't think so. You can sometimes do that if the service causing the problem is part of an add-on you've downloaded, in which case you can delete it then download it again afterwards, but here it looks like the service is part of the core game, although only on PC.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  6. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Does not work for me as I play this game on PC.

7. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

That did not work. After replaying 5P06 I waited but it became 2P06 which leaves at 05:48 from Reading.
    Plus an edit to the service: 5O26. Ofc delay but you will still get gold.

8. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I managed to beat the service 2PO7 by doing these steps:

1. Spawn at 05:30 in Reading on foot.
    2. Wait for the train which is due to depart at 05:43.
    3. Enjoy.
    This could be a possible dispatcher issue when spawning later than 05:30 or starting 2PO7 from the timetable menu.

9. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Specifically, 5J03 is timed to depart from the depot too early. It can easily be delayed until 05:30. The dispatcher puts that train in front of 2P06 (entering from portal). If DTG are reading this: one way to fix the bug might be to delay the start of that depot service to see what happens.

Bugs like this are to be expected on such an old timetable.