Db Br112

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Jul 31, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve just played the Bargteheide Return scenario in Hamburg-Lubeck and notice that the DB BR112 has two different methods of driving. On the journey out, there is a loco on the front. When I was instructed to change ends, I was confused as there was no loco there but found that there is an EMU type unit at the other end. They drive completely differently as well with the Loco having a Speed Selector handle and the EMU cab having a standard throttle. This made it a more interesting scenario.

I presume that this is how the trains are set up in real life so can anyone explain why this is?

2. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Active Member

It's called a push pull. There is one loco which is either pushing or pulling the train. The other side has only a steering cabin. It's popular because it doesn't require to move loco to the other side at the terminus. You will also find a push-pull on afaik Koblenz-Koeln route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Oh right. Thanks. I hadn’t noticed on Cologne but I have mostly been driving the ICE.

So there is no power to the steering cabin. That makes sense. Must take some getting used to as a driver.