Losing Frames, And Freezing On Cal Train.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bikeiskevin3168, Jul 23, 2021.

1. bikeiskevin3168

bikeiskevin3168 New Member

I have noticed recently that every time I play the peninsula corridor on TSW 2, I lose frames, and sometimes freeze when I get close to other trains. Does anybody else have this problem, and is there a solution? This is happening on the xbox 1 s.

• Like Like x 3
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You will notice it more as the route does get a lot of traffic. When you arrive at San Francisco with all those trains parked up the performance goes very bad.

3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I have save problem too

4. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Yes. I finished off the x100 services (I had 9 left to do) for the achievement last week and it happened on every single journey. There's also an issue with stationary trains being blurry as you approach them as well as having to open all the windows to get some noise into the cab.

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I definitely get this stuttering issue on my Series S, I'll check later by running the same services on my Series X in both 4k and 1080p modes to see if the problem persists there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

*Update*
    So while my Series S has it very noticeably at the stations at both ends of the line, I can't replicate it on Series X at 4k.

[Edit]
    I was eventually able to reproduce it soley on the corner just outside San Jose, very briefly and with far less intensity than on Series S.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I experience t most at both ends of the line and at the depot

8. Princess Entrapta

I definitely get it at both ends on Series S. The X appears to handle the SF end just fine even with all the trains there, where the S begins struggling. That corner approaching or leaving SJ though, it flickered briefly on X, and was a slideshow on S.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

I get quite a bit of 'stutter' as I pass by CEMOF headed into San Jose on my Xbox S.

10. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Hoping that with New update runs better...

11. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

"There's also an issue with stationary trains being blurry as you approach them" This happens to me on many other routes, also when they drive towards me sometimes they seem to come from a Twilight zone?! (sorry can't explain it any other way) Xbox one x.

12. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Turning the motion blur off should help :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Princess Entrapta

This is basically a universal truth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Did a run from San Francisco all the way to San Jose and as soon as my train went passed CEMOF, there was really bad stuttering going on. I thought my Xbox one was gonna crash lol. I have all the loco DLCs installed by the way.

15. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

That's a great tip, simply turn motion blur off.
    It helps you see the virtual environment better and it generally makes the game run smoother. I have tested this.

Motion blur is just an eye sore, I understand it's for a more realistic approach, but in Train Sim World 2 it does not work well.

Anyone remembers before, we didn't have any option on consoles to turn it off/on. I am thankful it's a feature now.

With all add-ons installed it still stutter from time to time (worst on the Original Xbox One - best on Xbox Series X) Peninsula Corridor is in dire need of a stability update.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Princess Entrapta

I think *maybe* motion blur had a time and a place once, and that time and place was fifteen years ago on consoles that had a hard time pushing 30fps.

17. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

no still Problems even on the XBOX SERIES X with it

18. Princess Entrapta

That suggestion about motion blur was specifically with regards to the quoted poster's observation of oncoming trains seeming to do what I'd describe as "phase partway in and out of existence", as if it's caught in a star trek transporter beam or similar, on pretty much all routes. Not towards the more specific stuttering at certain locations on this line

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I know the blurring trains or Waggons, I’ve already report it and even without Motion blur it happened

20. Princess Entrapta

Odd, I don't seem to get that on my Series X or S. Turning off motion blur pretty much fixed most of my complaints about the game's graphics. Now if there was a way to get it to STAY turned off and not need to re-disable it for every line individually every time I reload the game...

21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Trees are also extremely buggy since TSW 2, but it doesn’t matter if motion blur is off or on

22. Princess Entrapta

Yeah, the trees have that thing where now and again one will just start to *flicker*