Ts18: Remarkable Raton!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 28, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Santa Fe’s historic and rugged Raton Pass route is coming soon to Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 10
  2. TheRealisticAussie

TheRealisticAussie Member

Is this going to be purchasable for everyone, or just the USA?

3. Gary Dolzall

Gary Dolzall Well-Known Member

As noted in the article, "The Raton Pass route will be available worldwide. Due to licensing restrictions, Santa Fe markings will appear only on content distributed to U. S. customers."

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Raton Pass? This is an unexpected but excellent choice for a US route. Yeah, I'm getting tired of mountain pass routes, but I'll take this one. The Santa Fe power looks awesome and it will also be a great addition to Cajon as well. Spine cars are a much needed addition too. Also, you guys pushed one of my biggest Amtrak buttons with the MHCs. I remember these things from my childhood when I used to railfan the Northeast Corridor with my dad. They would go flying past, tacked onto the front or back of long distance trains like the Silver Meteor and the Crescent. You should also be able to use these and the roadrailers to create a pretty good Amtrak Three Rivers consist for the Horseshoe Curve route (all you would need would be some Horizon cars). The only thing I hope for is an F7 pack to go along with this route in the future, containing a Super Chief passenger set and a set of F7s in ATSF's blue and yellow freight livery with some 1950s freight cars.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

Well this is an unexpected but welcome surprise. Wee-hee! We're getting more ATSF! And it will be available world-wide (minus ATSF reporting marks for foreign players)! And it's Raton Pass! This will definitely rank high on my to-get list. I would have loved to have seen the original Genesis P40 locomotive, but the Dash 8 serves and we're finally getting MHCs so I can't complain too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looks great but hoping that this will be available to everyone.

7. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

It will be. I quote: "Note: The Raton Pass route will be available worldwide. Due to licensing restrictions, Santa Fe markings will appear only on content distributed to U. S. customers." It's near the end of the article.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  8. Michael Newbury

I had a chance to read the article after and saw that which made me happy, still would be better if released to everyone with the logo's. But I can live with it this way if it means I can play it as well.

9. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

cool news. oh and if you finds issues on GE B32-8WH body don't worry i sent ticker to dtg last year when i bought Amtrak dash 8.

10. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

The MCH cars on the SWC and the new ATSF locos look nice!

11. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I really love Santa Fe! I have to agree with the F7s and the Super Chief. I also want Genesis P40DCs or P42DCs and also ATSF Warbonnet SD75M/Is, C44-9Ws, and SD70MACs. Blue/yellow ATSF SD40-2s, SD45s, the SD45-2 pack, GP7/9s, SD24s, GP20s, GP30s, GP35s, GP40s, GP60s, or F45/FP45s would be great, too. I would want the FP45 and a Super Chief consist. Also, we need steam power: ATSF 3751 or 2900 4-8-4s or Hudsons; #3751 would be awesome for excursions. BNSF power could also be great DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

How long do we have to wait?

13. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Can anyone read at all? This statement has been brought up 3 times in the comments here, and corrected 2 times...it has been said in both the article and the comments that

THIS ROUTE WILL BE AVAILBLE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Michael Newbury

It is not the US only read the article it will be available to everyone, with the only difference the US will receive the one with Santa Fe logo and everyone else will have no logo's.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

But if we are all honest (if you happen to have freinds here in america) everyone can some how get a complete version with the logos. But i still wish they would post a release date for content, i wanna plan ahead so i can get this as soon as it comes out but to do that i need to know WHEN it comes out!:mad:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  16. lokbe16

lokbe16 New Member

Since this BNSF related DLC will be available worldwide, albeit without Sante Fe markings outside the US: is there any chance a 'light' version (i.e. striped from BNSF markings) of existing BNSF related DLC (e.g. Stevens Pass) will be made available outside the US?

• Like Like x 4
  17. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

So if you go looking around or mabey you can do it your self just add the logos yourself open the loco texture files then find the correct file for the locomotives sides and simply google the logo then its a simple copy paste and done!

18. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

There has been very limited interest in making old BNSF DLC work outside the US. The guys who made Stevens Pass outright said no, and any time I've seen it brought up to DTG, it's usually a chain of excuses indicating DTG can't be bothered about it either. It is all "old" DLC at this point, and DTG has never shown a ton of interest in older DLC.

19. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Thank you DTG for finally putting out something that interests me, it has been a while. Still wishing for a route close to home but at least this is a route I have actually seen in person, I've been to Raton once, driven over the pass next to the tracks twice.

20. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

If you ask me, this is a must-buy when it comes out! Heck, DTM's SD45-2 will fit perfectly with this!

21. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

If it's just the logos missing that isn't a problem :) Wouldn't be too surprised to find a reskin on RWA given enough time.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

I missed that bit so my bad and I withdraw my comment :) Please understand that alot of non US players still feel sour when the BNSF content was removed as other nice liveries and routes disappeared too while the ATSF SD45 released awhile ago is a no go so seeing the route may have been slap to the face of others that would've skipped the article.

As for myself I'm a fan of the BN and warbonnet schemes.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Having recently had a ticket with DTG about a matter for which the original developer no longer works with TS I can vouch for this. Their response was "As this product has therefore been deprecated, and the developer of this product is no longer developing content for Train Simulator, we will be unable to resolve your problem."
    Funny enough when I reminded them that the content was supplied by DTG through their steam channel and working on their own dev system they responded asking for the fix...

Maybe if other devs took up the updates of the routes people might get better versions. how much people would pay depends on the updates I guess but there are more than enough "enhancement packs" for trains, so why not routes too?

• Like Like x 3
  24. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

I guess it depends on what kind of work would be considered an enhancement for a route. Out of the routes I use some of the corners can do with some fixing, alot of industrial areas don't have un/load markers and several routes that have stations, working yards but no scenery so that getting filled in would be great too.

25. ARuscoe

Anything that betters the scenery, items, alignments and infrastructure I would class as an enhancement, but it's whether such things are possible and worthwhile that would make the difference I suppose

26. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

Well there's a new Portsmouth route in the works and they mentioned fixes to the curves but also extending to Waterloo which will be nice.

27. ARuscoe

There's loads of routes using legacy track etc. Got the St Pancras - Faversham route last week even though it got changed completely 9 years ago

• Like Like x 1
  28. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

In the workshop there's two versions that Danny has done so you get to see the differences on the line

29. ARuscoe

Or chatham mainline which is up to date on Gravesend also

• Like Like x 1
  30. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

That's true.

31. rftech

rftech New Member

I think this is a reasonable solution to the licensing BS ,and because there is no license DTG can make some locos rusty,dirty and weathered!

• Like Like x 1
  32. Michael Newbury

I agree and I am just happy that everyone will get enjoy this route regardless of logos

• Like Like x 2
  33. SantaFeOdyssey1

SantaFeOdyssey1 New Member

As a ATSF lover myself, I would love to see the Santa Fe Warbonnets on the Raton Pass. As shown in the picture, what seems to be a group of Dash 8-40BW's, I was wondering if there would be more options for locomotives. If possible, could you include the SD75M, GP60, SD40-2, in it's yellow and blue colors, and the Dash 8-40CW, as well as the Dash 9-44CW. With all of these locomotives added into the consist, it would truly depict a classic Santa Fe freight, just like in the 1990's. Also, I hope the locos have proper ditch lights and lighting, as well as bell, but I hope for the Leslie RS3L hon as well as the Nathan P5, etc.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  34. agsieg

agsieg New Member

I'd like to point out that if you read the article and even looked at the screenshots, you'd have seen that the C40-8W is included with the route. Though I will agree that some additional Bluebonnet stock would have been nice, we do have the DTM SD45-2 as was previously mentioned, as well as the GP9 pack, which includes two Santa Fe variants. In any case, I am very excited for this route, as I have been waiting for a Santa Fe era route since the day I bought TS.

• Like Like x 1
  35. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

It also depends if the original developer will give permission to another developer to have rights to the Intelectual Property rights. The original developer, though no longer developing for the platform still holds the IP, and legally no one else can modify it for profit.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Daniel Gibbs

I think DTG has had licensing problems with BNSF since Carl Ice became CEO.

37. Daniel Gibbs

A P5?! On Santa Fe?! I've never heard that before!

38. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

Probably why there's some people that extend, fix up or modernise routes in the workshop.

39. CPScotty8950

CPScotty8950 Member

it looks a cracking route especially with the warbonnets

• Like Like x 1
  40. SantaFeOdyssey1

There was a Dash 8-40BW with a Nathan P5 instead of a Leslie. It was a special horn since the original horn was stolen. Reply for Daniel Gibbs.

41. rftech

rftech New Member

Just open up the route editor and add more scenery yourself,its really quite easy to add scenery to an existing route and I think most of us enjoy using it.There are plenty of tutorials on the net to get anyone started.

• Like Like x 1
  42. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

I see a lot of potential for this route! :)

plus, think about possibilities for already existing locos in ATSF paint schemes (examples: ATSF F45, GP20, SD40-2, and U30)

43. SantaFeOdyssey1

What is the estimated time of release for this route?

44. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just drove through the Raton Pass on a trip to Colorado from Texas - was lucky enough to see Amtrak’s Southwest Chief making the pass. Really looking forward to this DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Dirtytrucker1023

Dirtytrucker1023 New Member

what is the date it comes out on?

46. eri

eri Member

anyone figure out how to fix the royal screwup on the c spine car from 2 to 1 truck....

47. jcalex023

jcalex023 Member

Anyone create reskin?

48. enmanuel.jeffren

enmanuel.jeffren New Member

They would go flying past, Nox Vidmate VLC tacked onto the front or back of long distance trains like the Silver Meteor and the Crescent.Really looking forward to this DLC.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  49. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's already out..

50. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member